What's new

Indian 11-year-old chess prodigy beats a Grandmaster in only 18 moves

Used to play a bit in middle school...but then lost interest.

It's something I regret now, good on the youngster.

He beat another GM when he was 10. Now this:

Congrats to the young lad. Should be a GM himself very soon.

Any other chess fans in this forum?

Ahhh congratulations neighbors well..Indian soil is damn volatile for Chess.. Viswanthan Anand !!..The only man from India for whom I'll bow in respect. that man deserves the honorary Nobel Prize of chess.. I never saw such a humble person from India...

@Nilgiri Lets have a game ..:cool:

Last edited:
Ahhh congratulations neighbors well..Indian soil is damn volatile for Chess.. Viswanthan Anand !!..The only man from India for whom I'll bow in respect. that man deserves the honorary Nobel Prize of chess.. I never saw such a humble pperson from India...

Yes I'm a Vishy fan obviously hehe. In fact most people that know chess are in some way because Vishy is just a very nice easy going modest guy. I felt so crushed when Magnus beat him in his hometown to dethrone Vishy.:cry:

My all time favourite player (purely on chess side of it) has to be either Capablanca or Tal however....and I learned the most from Fischer, Karpov and Kasparov games.

Do you have an all time favourite player or game?

Yes I'm a Vishy fan obviously hehe. In fact most people that know chess are in some way because Vishy is just a very nice easy going modest guy. I felt so crushed when Magnus beat him in his hometown to dethrone Vishy.:cry:

My all time favourite player (purely on chess side of it) has to be either Capablanca or Tal however....and I learned the most from Fischer, Karpov and Kasparov games.

Do you have an all time favourite player or game?

Fischer...!!! The way he traps the opponent.. just Marvelous.. He is all time favorite I rank him higher than Capablanca.. I do admire Boris too.

Actually Magnus deserved to win..!! He has his own moves and after a time you see k ye mery saath ho kya raha hai.. I have a crush on him now a days.. :smitten:While I want to have humbleness of Anand..Just stay calm and take game to the end..

He beat another GM when he was 10. Now this:

Congrats to the young lad. Should be a GM himself very soon.

Any other chess fans in this forum?

Heartiest congratulations to the kid and his family. Waiting to see U as a GM soon. All the best.

Fischer...!!! The way he traps the opponent.. just Marvelous.. He is all time favorite I rank him higher than Capablanca.. I do admire Boris too.

Actually Magnus deserved to win..!! He has his own moves and after a time you see k ye mery saath ho kya raha hai.. I have a crush on him now a days.. :smitten:While I want to have humbleness of Anand..Just stay calm and take game to the end..

Yah Magnus is the Kasparov of today. It will be very difficult to unseat him. Lets see if Karjakin can pull off a miracle later this year. Yes many gals I know who know chess have a crush on Magnus hehe.

But today I much like the style of aggro players like Richard Rapport and Baadur Jobava. The spirit of Tal lives on in them! Very refreshing to see among the regular solid technical play of the likes of Magnus, Hikaru, Fabiano, Anish etc....and the veterans that still play like Anand, Kramnik etc. Always fun to see the Kramnik - Topalov clash hehe.

capablanca,,,he is the greatest,,just look at his endgame:eek:

Capa still holds record for longest undefeated stretch....and I think overall win record ratio as world champ.....not to mention how people were still talking about him many years after he passed away....remembering records at their clubs (if they were so fortunate to host him) and the famous simul feats he would do. If you had to study just one person's games, he would always be the one I would recommend to anyone!

Yes if you want to study endgames and total positional play, look no further than Capa! I see a lot of it is ingrained in Magnus today actually....though Magnus has mixed in quite a bit of Alekhine dynamism just like Kasparov did (in comparison to say Karpov who was quite a Capa-incarnate through and through).

I do admire Boris too.

Yes the famous spassky - bronstein game has to be one of the all time best! Never before and since has a king been so tormented!

Ahhh congratulations neighbors well..Indian soil is damn volatile for Chess.. Viswanthan Anand !!..The only man from India for whom I'll bow in respect. that man deserves the honorary Nobel Prize of chess.. I never saw such a humble person from India...

He was my classmate in school!....Don Bosco, Egmore,(Chennai)... batch of 88!...(The best school in Chennai).

Back
Top Bottom