What's new

India working on modalities with Pakistan for supply of wheat to Afghanistan

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pakistan formally informed India on Wednesday that it would allow the shipment of the wheat and medicines to Afghanistan via the Wagah land border as a goodwill gesture to the Afghan people.
The United Nations has warned up to 23 million Afghans will be in “crisis or emergency levels of food insecurity” as winter approaches. (AFP PHOTO.)

India said on Friday it is working out modalities with Pakistan for transporting 50,000 tonnes of wheat and medicines as humanitarian aid to Afghanistan via land routes but insisted that no conditions should be attached by the Pakistani side.

India made the proposal for shipping the wheat and life-saving medicines to the people of Afghanistan via Pakistani soil on October 7, and received an assurance from the Pakistan government only on November 24; external affairs ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi told a regular news briefing.
He made it clear that no conditions should be attached by Pakistan to the shipment of the humanitarian assistance.

“This was about humanitarian access into Afghanistan for the delivery of the 50,000 metric tonnes of wheat and life-saving medicines we are supplying to the people of Afghanistan,” he said.
“We are examining the response of the government of Pakistan. We are also working on the modalities with the Pakistan side. We believe that humanitarian assistance should not be subject to conditionalities,” he added.

India has always stood by the people of Afghanistan for both humanitarian support and development assistance, Bagchi said.
Pakistan formally informed India on Wednesday that it would allow the shipment of the wheat and medicines to Afghanistan via the Wagah land border as a goodwill gesture to the Afghan people.
There are currently no flights between India and Afghanistan, and transporting the materials via Pakistan was seen as the quickest way of getting the aid to Afghanistan, which is on the brink of a looming humanitarian crisis.
Even a Taliban delegation led by acting foreign minister Amir Khan Muttaqi that recently visited Islamabad had raised the issue of allowing the shipment of the wheat with the top Pakistani leadership.
Prime Minister Imran Khan said on Monday his government would allow the transportation of the wheat as soon as modalities were finalised by Islamabad and New Delhi.

The UN has warned up to 23 million Afghans will be in “crisis or emergency levels of food insecurity” as winter approaches. Ten out of 11 of Afghanistan’s most densely populated urban areas are now anticipated to be at emergency levels of food insecurity.

Is Imran Khan insane? This is a huge security risk he should've told India to use their Chabahar port. Everyday I am losing my patience with him.

how about we just let them all starve ?

cruel, but Afghanistan is just this horrible hopeless place.. one Shaheen one Agni.. save the world a headache.

The United Nations has warned up to 23 million Afghans will be in “crisis or emergency levels of food insecurity” as winter approaches. (AFP PHOTO.)

India said on Friday it is working out modalities with Pakistan for transporting 50,000 tonnes of wheat and medicines as humanitarian aid to Afghanistan via land routes but insisted that no conditions should be attached by the Pakistani side.

India made the proposal for shipping the wheat and life-saving medicines to the people of Afghanistan via Pakistani soil on October 7, and received an assurance from the Pakistan government only on November 24; external affairs ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi told a regular news briefing.
He made it clear that no conditions should be attached by Pakistan to the shipment of the humanitarian assistance.

“This was about humanitarian access into Afghanistan for the delivery of the 50,000 metric tonnes of wheat and life-saving medicines we are supplying to the people of Afghanistan,” he said.
“We are examining the response of the government of Pakistan. We are also working on the modalities with the Pakistan side. We believe that humanitarian assistance should not be subject to conditionalities,” he added.

India has always stood by the people of Afghanistan for both humanitarian support and development assistance, Bagchi said.
There are currently no flights between India and Afghanistan, and transporting the materials via Pakistan was seen as the quickest way of getting the aid to Afghanistan, which is on the brink of a looming humanitarian crisis.
Even a Taliban delegation led by acting foreign minister Amir Khan Muttaqi that recently visited Islamabad had raised the issue of allowing the shipment of the wheat with the top Pakistani leadership.
Prime Minister Imran Khan said on Monday his government would allow the transportation of the wheat as soon as modalities were finalised by Islamabad and New Delhi.

The UN has warned up to 23 million Afghans will be in “crisis or emergency levels of food insecurity” as winter approaches. Ten out of 11 of Afghanistan’s most densely populated urban areas are now anticipated to be at emergency levels of food insecurity.

HUGE SECURITY breech. Expect there to be terrorist attacks in Pakistan soon.

Didn't India trasport bullets when retrieving its diplomats? So possible that they can transport wheat + weapons to AFG. Best is Pak take that wheat and store it, and send its own wheat from storage.

Didn't India trasport bullets when retrieving its diplomats? So possible that they can transport wheat + weapons to AFG. Best is Pak take that wheat and store it, and send its own wheat from storage.

Do you know that Indian wheat and Rice are of lower quality than of Pakistan's.

how about we just let them all starve ?

cruel, but Afghanistan is just this horrible hopeless place.. one Shaheen one Agni.. save the world a headache.
I hope you were being sarcastic

Lets not pretend to be a Han and decide what's good for Afghans

Would you be fine someone tomorrow has similar opinions of our nation?

Tomorrow if there is a nuclear exchange between India and Pakistan or China and India. Our nations will look like today's Afghanistan or even worse

I hope you were being sarcastic

Lets not pretend to be a Han and decide what's good for Afghans

Would you be fine someone tomorrow has similar opinions of our nation?

Tomorrow if there is a nuclear exchange between India and Pakistan or China and India. Our nations will look like today's Afghanistan or even worse
You should take the han bashing to China section
Unfair as you won't get a response/explanation/answer here on this section
Is Imran Khan insane? This is a huge security risk he should've told India to use their Chabahar port. Everyday I am losing my patience with him.
He wanted to give citizenship to Afghans
So...

Do you know that Indian wheat and Rice are of lower quality than of Pakistan's.
I dont think so, but 'donated' one can be. Anyway, its govt job that what risks it can take. It should either take sub-standard grain and make sure that weapons are not there by storing it.

Anyway, what if weapons are found in it? anyone! it will be int embarrassment for India.. I think we are worrying too much. Also, Talibans will receive it? so How BLA/TTP can surgically take the specific truck/sack?

Why does India always make drama out of giving aid to afghanistan? If they want to supply wheat then why all this drama show that IT MUST GO THROUGH PAKISTAN?

Gangedesh has settup Chahbar port in Iran that has direct links into afghanistan. Why not use that route, esp when you have an oppurtunity to give business to a failed port??? (subsidies)

Seal the border with Afghanistan/Gangis. We need to double down investments in infared sensors, drones, mines, etc... Esp with covid no need to take any risk

I dont think so, but 'donated' one can be. Anyway, its govt job that what risks it can take. It should either take sub-standard grain and make sure that weapons are not there by storing it.

Anyway, what if weapons are found in it? anyone! it will be int embarrassment for India.. I think we are worrying too much. Also, Talibans will receive it? so How BLA/TTP can surgically take the specific truck/sack?

Not only Rice and Wheat but Pakistani Shaan Masalas and Mangoes are also superior to the Indian ones.

Not only Rice and Wheat but Pakistani Shaan Masalas and Mangoes are also superior to the Indian ones.
Our mangoes are better, no doubt about it. For masalah/spices, the regions are famous like for dates Multan, Bhalwarpur, SIndh etc. For meethi/funnel, Qasur is famous. For tea, it is Darjiling. For cardamoum, it is bengal and N.East.

Similarly, rice and wheat differ region by region.

Arent the trucks being thoroughly inspected for any sorts of weaponry?

Also look at it this way. These indians are f-ckers. They dont give af about afghanistan. Thats the truth. If we block the supply, citing security reasons, then india will cry saying pakistans evil, and they want afghanistan to starve.

If we do let it in, it is a security risk, but should they do a terror attack, say on the same size of omara, then rip indian soldiers

how it is a security risk ??? they already have tons of people in pakistan who can provide them any type of information, people like hamid mir , ghareeda farooqi, najam shethi etc and in return pakistan has all info about india, i believe india is not a big threat for us anymore but our real threats are within

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom