What's new

India winning war against Hunger & Malnutrition as child shunting declines sharply!

Not yet....when you will achieve parity then come and talk.
i am no talking about achievement, indicating Pakistan falling behind of other better South Asian countries like India, Bangladesh and Sri lanka :D

i am no talking about achievement, indicating Pakistan falling behind of other better South Asian countries like India, Bangladesh and Sri lanka :D

Whatever but at this very moment, Bangladesh is the poorest in south asia, dont forget that.

This is my last reply to you.

Bangladesh is famous for textile industry and what pakistan famous for ? ( T.....)

India saw a dip of over 14% in the number of malnourished children in the age group of 0 to 6 years -- the sharpest decline in 25 years -- a UNICEF survey has revealed.

According to the survey, commissioned by the women and child development ministry of the UPA-2 government, the percentage of underweight children in the age group of 0-6 went down from 45.1% in 2005-06 to an all-time low of 30.7% in 2013-14. The percentage of children with stunted growth also went down from 48% to 39% during the same period, the Rapid Survey on Children said.

Apart from malnutrition, the Rapid Survey on Children also revealed improvement in other indicators of the well-being of children below six years and their mothers.

For example, the total immunization coverage in India increased from 61% to 65.2% from 2009 to 2013-14 though it dipped in Gujarat from 56.6% to 56.2% in the same period. As against the national average of 6.7%, 6.2% children in Gujarat did not receive any vaccination during the period.

According to the report, the percentage of “wasted” children (low weight for given height) in the country fell from 20% to 15%. The number of infants aged under six months who are exclusively breastfed also went up from 46 % to 72 %.

The UNICEF report is based on a nationwide household-cum-facility survey in 28 states and New Delhi. The survey covered 105,483 households and 5,630 Anganwadi centres leading to more than 210,000 interviews.

Great news

Back
Top Bottom