What's new

India will buy assault rifles and ammunition at a Billion dollars

^^^ that's the same place this thread came from.. lol...

no credibility ....offered...sorry........to break your heart......lol

but here is one more you can check it out

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/125079/india-seeking-small-arms,-ammunition-worth-$1-billion.html

India is not only buying planes, tanks and ships but also rifles and ammunitions! who knows where its appetite going to reach`?`!

The sky is the limit!

Why 126 Aircrafts for MMRCA and Why not 130??

It depends on the authorised strength for a squadron and the number of squadrons to be kitted plus wastage reserves.

India must buy this gun from pakistan.

1.2.3.4.20110511083049.jpeg

This is the ISRAELIS corner-shot built under licence by POF. NSG already has orders for these as does IA SF.

In regard to 126 MMRCA this is based on how many planes are in a SQD * number of squadrons required to be replaced/raised + number of spares/trainers = 126. Although it is true this is almost certain to increase to 200+.

This news is really confusing. The number is too large If the rifles are aimed for SF- firstly I don't think there are 44,000 SF in Indian armed forces (10,000 IA, 2-3,000 IN, ~1000 IAF) maybe SFF I don't know. But the number is too small if it is meant for entire India army - 1,000,000+.

A possibility is for the Ghataks in IA? these are being UPG at a rapid pace as part of a effort from MoD/GoI.

Wonder what time frame we are looking at?

Last edited by a moderator:
The sky is the limit!

It depends on the authorised strength for a squadron and the number of squadrons to be kitted plus wastage reserves.

I was quoting an Example of MMRCA, as the person whom I had quoted was a bit Un easy with a Not so rounded Number...

This is the ISRAELIS corner-shot built under licence by POF. NSG already has orders for these as does IA SF.

In regard to 126 MMRCA this is based on how many planes are in a SQD * number of squadrons required to be replaced/raised + number of spares/trainers = 126. Although it is true this is almost certain to increase to 200+.

This news is really confusing. The number is too large If the rifles are aimed for SF- firstly I don't think there are 44,000 SF in Indian armed forces (10,000 IA, 2-3,000 IN, ~1000 IAF) maybe SFF I don't know. But the number is too small if it is meant for entire India army - 1,000,000+.

A possibility is for the Ghataks in IA? these are being UPG at a rapid pace as part of a effort from MoD/GoI.

Wonder what time frame we are looking at?
:lol: and :tdown:

India must buy this gun from pakistan.

1.2.3.4.20110511083049.jpeg

Indian NSG and Garud's already have the best in business, Israel's corner shot,so we dont need some duplicate weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am rooting for HK416 amazing gun,delta force and DEVGRU are already using it.i fired it in virginia last year,the damn gun doesnt jam even if sand and water were to enter in it.

I think these are meant for the 2 China specific divisions coming up in Arunachal Pradesh,who will have around 45000 soldiers totally.

After the purchase of machines in the tender, Indian Army can place an order for 335,050 machines for a total of $ 500 million and buy 10 730 light assault rifles.

Jezz.. 300,000+ rifles..

16022010903.jpg

Here are some Assault rifles and submachine guns made in India.

2ngrdc9.jpg

16022008009qa2.jpg

bulpupinsasbg2.gif

Even a bullpop INSAS.

a9929_rifle-tm-tfb.jpg

And yet only INSAS is in use... tht too is not very advanced or of high quality........ a chinese member had started a very informative thread on it.

Plz go through it.

Back
Top Bottom