What's new

India will be betraying Muslims if it abandons Kashmir: Akbar

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Kashmir is its demography.

Let me remind you of another place Pakistan wants. And other parts they wanted.
i. Sir Creek (they want)
ii. Junagadh (they wanted)
iii. Hyderabad (they wanted)

The common point of these three places is that they are a non Muslim majority. So Pakistan drops the claims on the international level and moves on.

They remains stuck to JnK (actually more to the Kashmir Valley region) because it is Muslim majority. As long as it remains Muslim majority, the claim will remain. Kashmir did not become Muslim slowly. It happened in spurts. With the proper guidance and incentives, it can be weaned away as well.

Buddhism, Sikhi, Hinduism, Ahmedia, Christianity etc are alternatives that can be looked into.

It can be done. Lebanon became Muslim majority from a Christian majority state with a span of 20 years. Kashmir has a smaller population in comparison.

I take it you will be the first to art off the conversion process? Do tell us how it goes. Could you possibly tape yourself doing this in downtown Srinagar?

There are ... Just go to Opposite side of Krishna Dhaba( Dal gate ) who is normal tea seller with 3*5 feet chai shop extremely famous for his chai in the chill morning of Srinagar....
Just wait 370 to die in Jnk n see the real change....

Well this stupid article should have already been Removed, but Pesudo Indian Politicians and Seculars would not allow GOI to remove it.

Are you suggesting the Kashmris really want to join Pakistan? Are you really that deluded? You think they don't know what your history, accomplishments and enormous screw-ups are? You're not exactly like Scandinavia- an oasis of prosperity and health and abundance. There are a few who want 'indenpence' because they're interested in power and money. But that is politically disadvantageous for Kashmir. Makes obvious sense for it to belong to India.

Why do kashmiris raise Pakistani flags in front of your security forces almost on a daily basis , why was pak flag raised on Kashmir CM's house last year, why were kashmiri students kicked out of an Indian university cuz they cheered for Pakistan cricket team, please explain ?

I take it you will be the first to art off the conversion process? Do tell us how it goes. Could you possibly tape yourself doing this in downtown Srinagar?
Nothing is permanent. If x happens, it can be undone.

Sure. Will have to do that. I am sure we will get a very strong positive response. :P

Why do kashmiris raise Pakistani flags in front of your security forces almost on a daily basis , why was pak flag raised on Kashmir CM's house last year, why were kashmiri students kicked out of an Indian university cuz they cheered for Pakistan cricket team, please explain ?
Because it is the nearest Muslim nation that openly espouses the cause for their Free Islamic Kashmir. This is a pattern all over the world. Only the flag changes. The sentiment remains the same.

The current fad is flying the IS flag. Pakistan did betray them, at least so they think. Mush in particular.

Nothing is permanent. If x happens, it can be undone.

Sure. Will have to do that. I am sure we will get a very strong positive response. :P

The soul is permanent....You're not changing what that is attached to. :-)
X seldom happens, and when it does, the result is mostly not was wanted.

The soul is permanent....You're not changing what that is attached to. :-)
X seldom happens, and when it does, the result is mostly not was wanted.
Yes. And no.

First, you perhaps don't understand the Indian part of Kashmir now. I don't know how similar it is today wrt Kashmir on your side, but if I go by your observations, I think there is now a huge difference.

For example, the very mention of the soul would put you in the Sufi category. No Kashmiri Muslim residing in Kashmir would LIKE to call himself a Sufi. For their own safety and security.

Besides, my proposed solution was a theoretical possibility. If done, it could solve the issue without bloodshed. :) The other alternative is to convert all of India to Islam. It is entirely a religious conflict IMO on our side of the border. Totally.

Keep the status quo and convert LoC into international border. The only and acceptable solution.

The bolded part is the biggest blunder India has done and continues to do so.

By seeking status quo, India has given Pakistan false hopes of acquiring Kashmir by means of military action or terrorism. Despite Pakistan lacking the required resources to do so.

In 1947, when India was unable to push deeper into P.O.K or Gilgit, we chose UN rather than attacking other parts of Pakistan as means to increase pressure on Kashmir.

Post-1947 onwards, India never made any effort to improve its military to take Kashmir by military means.

Post-1971 was the best opportunity to militarily take Kashmir with Soviet breathing down upon Pakistan in west and East Pakistan was gone. Yet India chose to while away.

As long as we seek status quo, we must be prepared to expect more Kargils and terrorism until the end of Pakistan.

Yes. And no.

First, you perhaps don't understand the Indian part of Kashmir now. I don't know how similar it is today wrt Kashmir on your side, but if I go by your observations, I think there is now a huge difference.

For example, the very mention of the soul would put you in the Sufi category. No Kashmiri Muslim residing in Kashmir would LIKE to call himself a Sufi. For their own safety and security.

Besides, my proposed solution was a theoretical possibility. If done, it could solve the issue without bloodshed. :) The other alternative is to convert all of India to Islam. It is entirely a religious conflict IMO on our side of the border. Totally.

I'm quite surprised at the whole Kashmiris not regarding themselves as Sufi. What do they call themselves if they don't identify themselves with this school of thought. That is worrying.
As for your solution, theories are great, but they can ignore variables, which in this case can derail the expected outcome. Let's leave it at that. If it is a religious conflict, then this can also be solved by given up the valley, again another theory. :cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom