What's new

India v Pakistan for Commonwealth wrestling gold

What happened to 1 muslim = 10 hindoos?? :lol:

I guess mard-e-momin of pakistan fixed this wrestling match :lol:

Meanwhile Mard e momins hauled your *** last year:

ISLAMABAD: Star wrestler Inam Butt, who won gold medal in the last Commonwealth Games, is very much optimistic to repeat the feat in Glasgow.

“I have been doing hard work for the last two years to clinch the gold medal at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games. I’m very much optimistic to achieve my target,” he said.

A seven-member wrestling team is also part of the 83-member Pakistani contingent which is going to participate in the Commonwealth Games, slated to begin in Glasgow, Scotland from July 23 to Aug 3.
Speaking to Dawn on the sidelines of a training camp here on Friday at the Pakistan Sports Board (PSB), the 24-year-old freestyle wrestler said he will fight in the 86-kilogram weight category.

Butt, who belongs to the Gujranwala district which is also known as the city of wrestlers, said he considered Indian and Canadian wrestles as his real competitors.

In the 2010 Games held in India, he won the gold in the 84kg category by defeating Indian wrestler Anoj Kumar.

“I am working on various techniques to handle Indian wrestlers,” he said, adding that wrestlers of other countries have an edge over Pakistani wrestlers, who could not take part in any international event after the 2010 Commonwealth Games.

Even wrestlers of other countries, including the Indian wrestlers, got dozens of opportunities to fight with international players.
He felt that the dispute which rose as a result of the parallel body of the POA, led by Akram Sahi, also left negative impact on the wrestling federation, which failed to take part in any international event.

Like Butt, another experienced freestyle wrestler Azhar Hussain, who also won gold medal in the 55kg weight category in the last Commonwealth Games said that during the last four years, Pakistan wrestlers were not provided chances to participate in international competitions.

The seven-member wrestling squad, which is yet to be officially announced by the Pakistan Wrestling Federation, likely include Inam Butt, Azhar Hussain, Abdul Wahab, Mohammad Sulman, Qamar Abbas, Umair Tariq and Mohammad Zaman.

These players will leave for Glasgow during the third week of the July.

Published in Dawn, July 12th, 2014

No offence to other sane indian members...

LOL you LOST LOL you LOST & LOL get over it LOL
bro that hit me right in feels

images (1).jpg

LOL Stop talking BS you did produced The Great Gama. He born in Amritsar, India. He went to Pakistan during Partition at that time he was 67 year old. He didn't lose any fight but had a match draw with Balram Heeraman Singh Yadav who also never lose any fight.
So, In short The Great Gama just died in Pakistan that's it

So a nepali has more right over a muslman Punjabi/butt Pehalwan (who fought for Punjab during british colonial rule) whose entire family shifted to Pakistan and participated n trained the Bholu brothers and died a Pakistan...

get a life nepali...

Gama pehalwan was an Indian. He was born in Amritsar and if I am not mistaken he spent most of his life in India. Only after independence he moved to Pakistan when he was 60-70 years old.

View attachment 41334

Bholu brothers:

View attachment 41336

Jhara Pehalwan:

View attachment 41337

Jhara vs Japanese Anoki:

wrestling back then was something else man, akhada was like a temple but now since the introduction of mats and what not, people in the sub continent lost the love for it. No support from the govt and lack of facilities are hurting our wrestlers. Things are turning for better in India though. Would love to see our guys from the sub continent dominate this game once again.

In old days Pehalwans kept big tummy, no 6 pack abs. :partay:

Tomorrow we have 4 wrestling matches and Yogeshwar dutt. . next boxing match is Manoj kumar .. late night Sangwan. . stay tuned for more action. .

So a nepali has more right over a muslman Punjabi/butt Pehalwan (who fought for Punjab during british colonial rule) whose entire family shifted to Pakistan and participated n trained the Bholu brothers and died a Pakistan...
get a life nepali...
I am not a Nepali :crazy:
First As i said He born in Amritsar, India and was in India for his first 67 years so how can you say he was produced by Pakistan LOL. Millions of peoples shifted during the partition.
As i said he just died in Pakistan and accept the truth that India produced him LOL :partay:
And also he was not the only one who remain undefeated whole life :disagree:

View attachment 41334

Bholu brothers:

View attachment 41336

Jhara Pehalwan:

View attachment 41337

Jhara vs Japanese Anoki:

Gama and the Bholu brothers were indeed great wrestlers in the days past where Pehelwani was a profession in the real sense..

The reason why these wrestlers did well was because they had rich kings/local rulers sponsoring them as well as providing the necessary resources...
Development of any sport needs support, patronage and infrastructure...

Now of course one cant cling to past glory hoping for your present to be equally successful just because of the past....
Current Pakistani wrestlers have to get more exposure internationally and of course support from their govt. as well..

Back
Top Bottom