What's new

India, US finalise $5-bn defence pacts

regarding to mrca,i think gripin may be the winner.
i have question
will isro get the cryogenic engine tech after lifting of ban??

Doubt it given past events, Russia was prepared to supply these engines and US pressure put an end to it, as India could increase it's share of the world satellite launch market due to the fact it can do it cheaper then many countries.

i have question
I think the ISRO already has Cryogenic engine which'll take to the skies once again sometime next year(correct me if i'm wrong)!

india does a $15billion deal which eventually be worth much more (c17 deal will eventually follow then, there will the 22 attach chopper deal, the heavy lift chopper deal, the p8i deal, the howitzer deal, additional c130j and much much more) which will eventually lead to job creation of over 100,000 jobs in the USA as a direct result of this visit, gets all its entities other than DAE off that sanctions list on duel use tech and gets a thumbs up from the USA on support for candidature in those 4 technology control groupings, which is as good as being a part of those groupings are "the" moments, but if this has to be the "wow" visit, then unconditional support for UNSC permanent seat has to happen and for that we need to wait for joint statement of PM and the prez on the 8th.

so far it been all good since there have been no let downs and better than what was being expected especially given the negative publicity in indian media right up till the dying moment to the run up to this visit but then its not over till obama gives in on UNSC, lets see.

Good to see that its a two way business. Some more major deals to be signed is a GE railway engine manufacturing plant in India worth multi billion dollars. But everything is just shadow as Obama is not supporting India's bid for permanent seat in the UNSC also some other regional and economic issues.

Also another note is with in next 3/4 years India to overtake Japan as world's third largest economy in terms of PPP and by another 13/14 years in terms of nominal GDP as well. It also predicted that by 2020 India's GDP will be four times (appr $ 5 trillion) of that now ($ 1.36 trillion).

GDP (PPP)

India : $ 3.85 trillion
Japan: $ 4.2 trillion

India's GDP growth is much higher than that of Japan. India's GDP to grow at a rate of 9.7% while Japan expected to grow at 0.6%.

will india sign cismoa?

Not in near future.

Why is India going for the C-17.It will be devoid of all critical and cutting edge technologies unless and until India signs the LSA and CISMOA.Without these components the American machines are as good as the Russians.It would be better if we go for Antonov in that case.

Well, if its possible to buy C-17 without its communication systems then we should go ahead, but there's no question of buying C-17 by signing LSA and CISMOA.

i have question

I dont think the ban have been lifted. Obama only said that they will "think" on lifting the ban from ISRO and DRDO.

Many Indian channels are reporting incorrectly.

A news Channel showed Obama with a placard in his hand "Plz give me a job!".
:D

A news Channel showed Obama with a placard in his hand "Plz give me a job!".
:D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BTW good to see Obama in India. Everyone saying this visit is a milestone in the new era of US-India partnership which will make the path more clear for next two decades which are much crucial for both India, US as well as Asian region.

Indias financial power shining! Day had to come when the president of first world superpower needs financial resuce by third world nation. We Pakistanis have a lesson to learn here!

Agree it shows shift of power to Asia, i am only worried Germany should not be left behind in this race. EU has created enough problem for us. All the time whatever we do we are considered as EU which doesn't have Strategic value.

If it was Germany alone it would be better for us. Great news for ISRo and DRDO, as they account most of India's Technical achievement weather its military or civilian use. It will give them more cutting age technology access.

no need to over hype,no support for permanent membership(expected),outsourcing(he will not be ready to take Indian side angering American population after the recent drubbing)

more important deals about dual use tech,lifting of bans,and nuclear and missile proliferation controls will b only discussed when he reach delhi,let us wait untill then

Back
Top Bottom