What's new

India to send 350 soldiers, 2 warships, aircraft for major TRI SERVICE combat exercise with Russia

HIGHLIGHTS
  • This will be the first time India will deploy manpower and assets from the Army, Navy and IAF together for a tri-service exercise with a country.
  • The aim is to crank up military-to-military ties with Russia, which has been India's largest defence supplier since 1960s
  • The “Indra” combat exercise will be held with Russia at Vladivostok from October 19 to 29.
NEW DELHI: India will dispatch around 350 soldiers, a multi-role stealth frigate, an anti-submarine warfare corvette and some aircraft for the major "Indra" combat exercise to be held with Russia at Vladivostok from October 19 to 29.

This will be the first time India will deploy manpower and assets from the Army, Navy and IAF together for a tri-service exercise with a country. The aim is to crank up military-to-military ties with Russia, which has been India's largest defence supplier since the early-1960s but without the armed forces of the two countries exercising much together.

India, in sharp contrast, holds several exercises with the US ever year, ranging from the top-notch naval Malabar wargames (with Japan as a regular participant now) to the counter-terror Vajra Prahar & Yudh Abhyas between their armies.

After the massive Malabar exercise in the Bay of Bengal in July, for instance, the Indian and American armies will now hold the Yudh Abhyas exercise at Joint Base Lewis-McChord in the US from September 14 to 27.

Incidentally, the US is a signatory to the Indian arms contracts worth $15 billion since 2007, even overtaking Russia in annual sales over the last four years. But in a strong comeback for Russia during the Modi-Putin summit in Goa in October 2016, India inked pacts to acquire five S-400 Triumf advanced air defence missile systems, four Grigorivich-class frigates and 200 Kamov-226T light helicopters, while also sealing the lease of a second nuclear-powered submarine after INS Chakra, all together worth around $10.5 billion, as was then reported by TOI

Officials say the Indra exercise's basic thrust will be on tri-Service operations in an integrated theatre scenario, with establishment and functioning of joint command structures and headquarters

"The two armed forces will also learn each other's doctrines, tactics, techniques and procedures for joint operations. The final planning conference for the exercise will be held in mid-September," said an official.

The exercise comes at a time when India is also contemplating far-reaching defence reforms to usher in some much-needed synergy among the three Services, ranging from the creation of a tri-Service chief or permanent chairman of the chiefs of staff committee to integrated theatre commands in the years ahead.

i heard news most indian soilders are fighting baba's people in hariyana.lol now who will go to russia? hahahahaha

on serious. india russia relation is over. russia is now pakistan friend. india should go to USA.

Ohh really??? False Flagger

Naah, India and Russia will remain a good friend and strategic partner.

Pakistan has nothing to give to Russia and so that can replace India

Ohh really??? False Flagger

Naah, India and Russia will remain a good friend and strategic partner.

Pakistan has nothing to give to Russia and so that can replace India
you must not be reading russian media. they speak very low of india. first sing of issue.

russia selling top helicopter to pakistan second sign of issue.

russia china now 100% partners third sign of issue.

russia pakistan pipeline project ford sign of issue.

russia joining cpec fiveth sign of issue.

you see so many issues. look at truth. very simple. russia india relation are over.

you must not be reading russian media. they speak very low of india. first sing of issue.

you see so many issues. look at truth. very simple. russia india relation are over.
Hey p.a .k.i. Don't be ashamed of your motherland even though you might have legitimate reasons to be ashamed for being Pakistani . This is Pakistani defense forum , you might continue with your zen like advice with your original flag

:offpost:

Hey p.a .k.i. Don't be ashamed of your motherland even though you might have legitimate reasons to be ashamed for being Pakistani . This is Pakistani defense forum , you might continue with your zen like advice with your original flag
i must say to you that i am fully indian not pakistani. i don't know why you think this way. maybe because i speak hard truth but truth only makes us strong. so now be assuerd you are speaking with indian only.

I will not further coment on this because this is off topic point. i respect all rules of form.

if you want to speak more there are other members discution pages. tag me there. thank you.

In another thread you are bashing India for inducting lch as it's useless against shoulder fired missiles,you are reading this Russian act as Pak Russia partnership. How? It could be a black project by Russia to sell useless (by your own words) equipment to Pakistan....

on serious. india russia relation is over. russia is now pakistan friend. india should go to USA.
Really? Then why russians are selling T57 Jets, T90 Tanks ,kamov helos S400 And developing brahmos and leasing nuclear SSN and training with us too if the relations are over??

In another thread you are bashing India for inducting lch as it's useless against shoulder fired missiles,you are reading this Russian act as Pak Russia partnership. How? It could be a black project by Russia to sell useless (by your own words) equipment to Pakistan....
Pakistan army use helicopter on terrorist. on afghanistan. so they not having air defecnce. also aginst india pakistan will use helicopter after tanks and soilders. also india not having Anza like best missile. pakistan army is inteligent. they not waste mony like indian coward army. when they buy they know how to use.

Really? Then why russians are selling T57 Jets, T90 Tanks ,kamov helos S400 And developing brahmos and leasing nuclear SSN and training with us too if the relations are over??
russia milking bhorat mata cow.:haha: putin know his true friends china and pakistan. india is sold out to usa. pakistan china russia now new super power alliance.:dirol: turkey and iran too will join. india can only watch and cry.:cray:lol.
soon su35 come to pakistan too. soon s400 will come in pakistan from china too. just wait and watch.

Pakistan army use helicopter on terrorist. on afghanistan. so they not having air defecnce. also aginst india pakistan will use helicopter after tanks and soilders. also india not having Anza like best missile. pakistan army is inteligent. they not waste mony like indian coward army. when they buy they know how to use.

russia milking bhorat mata cow.:haha: putin know his true friends china and pakistan. india is sold out to usa. pakistan china russia now new super power alliance.:dirol: turkey and iran too will join. india can only watch and cry.:cray:lol.
soon su35 come to pakistan too. soon s400 will come in pakistan from china too. just wait and watch.

Stop using google translate buddy. Your English is pathatic. I dont blame you though, after all its a foreign language.

Back
Top Bottom