Adnan Faruqi

BANNED
Reaction score
India To Recieve Third Set Of Six C-130J Hercules Aircraft

7_shoor_veer_afp_670.jpg

c130j_5.jpg

IAF+C-130J.jpg

IAF-C-130J-delivery-450-x-321.jpg

The Indian Air Force will receive six more C-130J Hercules aircraft from the U.S on a government-to-government basis, U.S. Deputy Defense Secretary Ashton Carter told Indian Defence Minister A.K. Antony on Monday during his visit to India.

Earlier in 2008, India acquired six heavy airlift aircraft from Lockheed Martin in a deal worth $1.1 billion. And in 2011, India ordered an additional six Super Hercules aircraft from the U.S at an estimated cost of $1 billion.

Carter’s trip to India follows a visit by U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta in June. Other U.S. officials on Carter’s trip include Mark Lippert, assistant secretary of defense for Asia-Pacific security affairs; Vice Adm. William Landay, director of the Defense Security Cooperation Agency; and Zachary Lemnios, assistant secretary of defense for research and engineering.

India To Recieve Third Set Of Six C-130J Hercules Aircraft : Defense news

wait if i remember correctly we currently have 6 C-130js n we did ordered 6 more in 2011 but they got approved now in 2012
Or i m missing something here???:undecided:

Can somone tell me why only the bharatiya vayu sena Herc has a black nose?? :D
PS : its a serious question..!! :angel:

I know its kind of funny but i think they forgot to paint the nose in of that plane:rofl:

But seriously look at the 2nd pic(below) its nose is painted:D

IAF+C-130J.jpg

I know its kind of funny but i think they forgot to paint the nose in of that plane:rofl:

But seriously look at the 2nd pic(below) its nose is painted:D

IAF+C-130J.jpg

Can somone tell me why only the bharatiya vayu sena Herc has a black nose?? :D
PS : its a serious question..!! :angel:

I think the black nose is a cover to protect the radar housed within. Nose is grey but cover is black.

see, i told u, they still practice racism over there.........:rofl:

If that is the case..; I ask the manufacturers to paint it brown.... :argh:
I am getting hurt here..!! :P
Brown is my color; while black is not...!! :D :lol:

And coming to a more serious question....
Third set of Herc??
I mean 3x6=18 is it not?? :blink:
As far as I remember we have 6 already + follow up order of 6 more...
Where the Fitch this third set arise?? :help:

How many Special Ops Plane of this size will we buy..? 18 is tad too much. I hope this lot and the coming are used for logistical purposes only.

How many Special Ops Plane of this size will we buy..? 18 is tad too much. I hope this lot and the coming are used for logistical purposes only.

I think, and something to this effect has been said in the past, any orders for Super Hercs over and above 12 (so 1 SQD) will be for logistical purposes only and the SOAR SQD will be 12 only.

I think it's total of 12 aircrafts as of now, again a media BS, yes IAF will buy more but as of now it's just 12, they have also not clearly mentioned the details of the order, only the second set has been approved by US, i don't think GOI have even requested for the third set till now.

as far as i know we ordered only 6+6 . , there is no third set which these guys seem to be talking about.

Back
Top Bottom