What's new

India to overtake U.S. on number of developers by 2017

In business, a lot of work can be done by junior people, but companies charge a premium because they have the experts on call, in case they are needed.

For example, when you go to the doctor, the nurse does a lot of the routine work so the doctor doesn't have to.
When you get your car fixed, junior mechanics do the work, but the experienced staff reviews the work (hopefully).

Similarly, most of the work in IT is grunt work, but big consulting companies charge a premium because they have senior hotshots available for the design/review part of the project.

Outsourcing is a vicious circle. First companies outsource their 'junior' work to countries such as India to save money, while the 'seniors' will be based in US or Europe. Then they will learn that this model is untenable as 'seniors' have to be in proximity of 'junior' for guidance and quality. So either the companies will raise new 'senior' positions in India or send the 'seniors' to India. This cycle has helped India move up the value chain in the last 10 years. Now Microsoft has the largest office in India outside US.

If that is your interest than you are excellent with it, but if have chosen business administration just because of peer pressure than I you will not enjoy your job.

I am very good in economics although I am completed my 10+2 in PCM group so my parents expect from me to do engineering but I ruled out their plan as always.

I am very good in economics although I am completed my 10+2 in PCM group so my parents expect from me to do engineering but I ruled out their plan as always.

Then you are fine with it. Follow your interest, success will follow

While doing my engineering, I remember my classmates were obsessed with working with IT companies, irrespective of the stream they have graduated in. The results are now showing as India is overtaking US by 2017 in number of IT professionals

Now the new obsession with Indians is finance. Where ever I go these days, I find lots Indians in Banks and Investment companies and other financial sector companies.

However, we need civil engineers, mechanical engineers, scientists and professors as much as we need computer engineers and finance professional.

:laugh: .. True.

I remember the dialogue from "3 Idiots" ... and it applies to me. :laugh:

"Done Engineering. Then MBA. And now work for a Bank". --- too bad, I'll be termed "price-tag" by 3 Idiots movie. :laugh:

In between engineering and MBA, did IT .. but then financial sector pays more. :tup:

No one cares about such things.It doesn't matter as long as American Tech Companies like IBM keep on hiring from India.In fact recently it was recently revealed that more than 50% of white collar workers of IBM are Indians or an Indian expat.By that margin with in a few years most of the top executives of that company will be Indians.Any way this is a good news for Indian IT industry.Hopefully it will become a $300Bn Industry by 2020.

and you know what,they hire us greedily from top colleges like J.U. where I'm studying..they don't even care about quality,as they know,quality is already there..what these greenhorns need is training.. :cheers:

but will Indians IT developers move up the food chain?

That is a million dollar question...Yes,they will overtake but it may take another 20 year so that this level of job gets saturated and all the development activity will be taken over my many schol pass out kids from India...And then engineering graduated will start migrating towards high end work in IT world...

:laugh: .. True.

I remember the dialogue from "3 Idiots" ... and it applies to me. :laugh:

"Done Engineering. Then MBA. And now work for a Bank". --- too bad, I'll be termed "price-tag" by 3 Idiots movie. :laugh:

In between engineering and MBA, did IT .. but then financial sector pays more. :tup:

Same with me too... did engineering and MBA and did IT in between and now in finance

In IT what matters is the quality not quantity. USA is way ahead when it comes to qualtiy of work in the field of IT.

I am associated with IT industry from last 7 years professional and working in Graphic industry since 2002. The fact about Indian in IT industry is "yaar unkay baray may tu sab ko he pata hey 1$ pe b kaam karnay kiliye tyaar hojatay hain". Indians are popular as "Cheap labour" in it industry all over the world so there is no QUALITY Stuff from India side in IT Industry nor have contribution in future IT tech.

I am associated with IT industry from last 7 years professional and working in Graphic industry since 2002. The fact about Indian in IT industry is "yaar unkay baray may tu sab ko he pata hey 1$ pe b kaam karnay kiliye tyaar hojatay hain". Indians are popular as "Cheap labour" in it industry all over the world so there is no QUALITY Stuff from India side in IT Industry nor have contribution in future IT tech.

It is same as saying Chinese have nothing to offer apart from dolls and cheap products. Apart from the whatever you describe about Indian IT, it exported $150 Billion of services last year (3/4th of Pakistan GDP) and growing at a rate of 15% every year.

It is same as saying Chinese have nothing to offer apart from dolls and cheap products. Apart from the whatever you describe about Indian IT, it exported $150 Billion of services last year (3/4th of Pakistan GDP) and growing at a rate of 15% every year.

eek term hoti hey "Cheap labour" kabhe suni hey ? guess what why majority of UAE companies recruiting Indians ??? do you know the fact and reality about why everywhere Indians gotta job ?? "Agreed on much cheaper salaries". In many area's of this Industry Indian are EXTREMELY Highly payed but the percentage of those who are really much less comparatively to majority of Indians 5/95 % of total Indian IT.

eek term hoti hey "Cheap labour" kabhe suni hey ? guess what why majority of UAE companies recruiting Indians ??? do you know the fact and reality about why everywhere Indians gotta job ?? "Agreed on much cheaper salaries". In many area's of this Industry Indian are EXTREMELY Highly payed but the percentage of those who are really much less comparatively to majority of Indians 5/95 % of total Indian IT.

It doesn't matter what you say. What matters is $$$.

Developer in India is getting paid approx 1/10th that his American counterparts make…..I believe that GAP will always remain there, specially when it comes to Sr Tech Position in India.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...number-developers-2017-a-2.html#ixzz2YfZFlJ9Q

supply overtakes demand ,prices drop...to bad fr other countries, thats y after 2-3 years most here end up launching there own startup recruiting close aides and making and selling products independently.

It Cos will rather have cheap labor than overpaid a$$holes.That's why Americans IT Cos are offshoring even their R&D jobs to India.And if we are not doing a Quality job then they would'n't have done that.So stop bitching like a baby and know that we have allready made our contribuition to IT.

Outsourcing is a vicious circle. First companies outsource their 'junior' work to countries such as India to save money, while the 'seniors' will be based in US or Europe. Then they will learn that this model is untenable as 'seniors' have to be in proximity of 'junior' for guidance and quality. So either the companies will raise new 'senior' positions in India or send the 'seniors' to India. This cycle has helped India move up the value chain in the last 10 years. Now Microsoft has the largest office in India outside US.

Not just senior developers, but India is also cutting into the management strata of IT (and other) projects.

Smart move.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom