What's new

India to outpace China in 2011: WB

You can look to the East Asian countries, and then look to other developing countries, India, Mexico, the Philippines, then go with an easy on the mouth.

Come on, Why go to India? We can look at China. You don't have Poverty under communist regime?

It is a hollow argument that democracy brings in poverty. Look at North Korea too

So your point is if there is democracy in China, people will starve? By the way don't get confused between basic necessities of life and wealth.

If China fully accept western democracy now,that will be; for example, in my home town a rural areas, you can vote for mayor
of your village, but the candidates bribery villagers by giving
4170_G_1239078804696.jpg

after they are elected, they will earn the money they payed former by using the power; and candidates make violence with each other

Majority of people in China and here is US live in fear of the CP. Few hard core members in his forum are exception to the rule. Most want freedom to speak freely and read news and dont want to live in the shadow of fear.

If you want to think otherwise, go head. The longer you suppress people, the stronger the resistance will grow. LEARN from the history.

Once again, I ask you, you been to China Forum? Have you been to Chinese news Web site, even official? You read Chinese newspapers?

Come on, Why go to India? We can look at China. You don't have Poverty under communist regime?

It is a hollow argument that democracy brings in poverty. Look at North Korea too

We are much better than all developing countries, no doubt.

If China fully accept western democracy now,that will be; for example, in my home town a rural areas, you can vote for mayor
of your village, but the candidates bribery villagers by giving
4170_G_1239078804696.jpg

after they are elected, they will earn the money they payed former by using the power; and candidates make violence with each other

Why would you think China should be an exception. Corruption is a trade off for freedom. And who says China is not corrupted now? Chinese communist regime is among the most corrupted nations in the world with poverty happening parallel

Saudi arabia is wealthy but has no freedoms and justice system is flawed. Is that not shameful for a country given that it generates huge surpluses each month?

China is'nt all that poor now so why not allow people to read and see whatever they want and trust the Chinese peoples judgement. Whats the communist party in China hiding from its people?

Freedom is not one step to end, one step to another, the more wealth the country have the more freedom you have, you have more freedom today than yesterday

Only temporary, and now we have more things to be concerned about, the development of other East Asian countries, too. And not your fantasy, the Chinese people have more rights and freedoms than ever before, our own good, do not care what your fantasy.

Last edited:
In what sense? Without personal freedom, what ever wealth you have means nothing

It is your fantasy, not reality, of course, I admit that we do not have full and genuine freedom, but the American people do not, you deny?

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

I always answer your question, you have not responded to my view, right?

Why would you think China should be an exception. Corruption is a trade off for freedom. And who says China is not corrupted now? Chinese communist regime is among the most corrupted nations in the world with poverty happening parallel

But most the Chinese think that it's not the right time to change the form, Economic development is the first place now, when development stopped, the time may be come to change; even US take 100 years have vote right for women and black

well if some of you would know development economics, there is a theory called convergence theory which says that developing countries grow faster than developed countries but the gradually slow down to the level of advanced countries. I think same is happening with China as it had almost more than a decade of enormous growth coupled with slowing population growth which has increased its per-capita income. Honestly I would be surprised if the world's second largest economy would keep growing with 6+% in the coming year. India on the other hand will likely to grow faster as it has lesser GDP, greater population growth that will keep diluting its Marginal Productivity of Capital and Per Capita income. Thus we would likely to witness 8% for even a decade or more.

One should rather live poor than live with fear

Your info are all outdata,"fear"?? Cultural Revolution was ended 35 years ago, and China now is not N-Korea, why fear?? I hate Mao for the Cultural revolution, and who will capture me??

well if some of you would know development economics, there is a theory called convergence theory which says that developing countries grow faster than developed countries but the gradually slow down to the level of advanced countries. I think same is happening with China as it had almost more than a decade of enormous growth coupled with slowing population growth which has increased its per-capita income. Honestly I would be surprised if the world's second largest economy would keep growing with 6+% in the coming year. India on the other hand will likely to grow faster as it has lesser GDP, greater population growth that will keep diluting its Marginal Productivity of Capital and Per Capita income. Thus we would likely to witness 8% for even a decade or more.

The potential of the Chinese economy is still not to big limitations for some reasons.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom