What's new

India to lose 10,000 acres in land swap deal with Bangladesh

Why this swap, anyway? Most of Indian enclaves in BD are without Indians living there. And all the Bangladeshi enclaves within Indian territory are inhabited by our people. The best solution is we get corridor to our enclaves, and they get corridors to their enclaves.

This is how BD will be gainer. Because, Indians do not like to live in enclaves inside Bangladesh, and so their lands will be continously controlled/tilted by our people. So, in reality these will remain our territory, albeit, without recognition by India. Even if we allow corridors for civilians, but not IA or BSF, Indians will not come and live in these enclaves. So, essentially these will remain our property.

I think, because of the reasons above and the ground reality that BD and India will not be able to come to terms in the near future, therefore, I propose no swappings, but, a provision of corridors.

One more thing. The main news contains a major mistake. The issue did not start with the gambling habits of Maharajas. Rather, the issue started sometime in 1580s, when Issa Khan Afghan (Chief among many Chieftains of Bengal, we fondly say Baro Bhuiyan) was the de facto ruler of entire Bengal.

How comforting..India should agree to whatever BD demands..

BD should get corridor to their enclaves and hence the people living there will become Bangladeshis..And since they will be dominant on the indian enclaves
those enclaves will also bangladeshis..

What a plan..Sadly Its not you who will dictate terms..:devil:

@roy_gourov: Look at mirror. Why do u have hostile neighbor all around you.

Your name does look like u r a Indian-Bengali [not a pure bengali], u too have issues with Gorkhaland. So, Inside/outside u r crippled with dissatisfaction.

Make up your mind, are you pure Bengali or are you not Bengali at all! :lol:

Correction please: We are not Bengali.........we are Bangladeshi and it is written in our constituent. Bengalis are Indian who talk in Bangla Language, and very very different than us. Remember!

Personally, I'll be more than happy to have the exclusivity of calling ourselves Bengalis! ;)

Make up your mind, are you pure Bengali or are you not Bengali at all! :lol:

Personally, I'll be more than happy to have the exclusivity of calling ourselves Bengalis! ;)

Already, your indian bengali brothers are rapidly replaced by the hindi speaking people in Kolkata. And, In Bangladesh we inspire u for everything from 1952 - Language movement to our liberation. The pure bengalis in Bangladesh are showing what the WB-Indian will never be able to do so.

We will never accept half-bengali/half-hindi speaking people as a Bengali by our side. Dont insult Bengali people, by speaking and being with Hindi people.

Better call urselve Indian-Bengali at best. Pure Bengali's only live in Bangladesh who talk/think/dream only in Bengali language.

Already, your indian bengali brothers are rapidly replaced by the hindi speaking people in Kolkata. And, In Bangladesh we inspire u for everything from 1952 - Language movement to our liberation. The pure bengalis in Bangladesh are showing what the WB-Indian will never be able to do so.

We will never accept half-bengali/half-hindi speaking people as a Bengali by our side. Dont insult Bengali people, by speaking and being with Hindi people.

Better call urselve Indian-Bengali at best. Pure Bengali's only live in Bangladesh who talk/think/dream only in Bengali language.

Tell that to the majority bangladeshi posters here who throw a fit when called a bengali.

Originally Posted by Skies
Correction please: We are not Bengali.........we are Bangladeshi and it is written in our constituent. Bengalis are Indian who talk in Bangla Language, and very very different than us. Remember!

look who is talking, tell me how many neighbor does Bangladesh have?? Hardly two, How many of your neighbors are fed up of you, all of them :P

Bangladesh has 2 neighbors: problems with both of them:2/2:100%
Pakistan has 4 neighbors: problems with three of them:3/4:75%
India has 7 neighbors: problems with 3 of them:3/7: 42%

And we blame our hostile, incompatible neighbors for that. I mean its not like they have problems just with India, they have problems with most of their other neighbors too. So its evident who is incompatible and inconsiderate in the neighborhood.

Try and see the other side of the logic at times. Don't always blame India for everything. Kabhi apne girebaan mein bhi jhaank kar dekhen. :enjoy:

How comforting..India should agree to whatever BD demands..

BD should get corridor to their enclaves and hence the people living there will become Bangladeshis..And since they will be dominant on the indian enclaves
those enclaves will also bangladeshis..

What a plan..Sadly Its not you who will dictate terms..:devil:

Finally, there will be no swap because there will be an outcry in India as BD will get an extra 10,000 acres. So, a better idea is to arrange corridors for all the enclaves. In this way, although BD will get more advantage, but still Indian public outcry will be less audible. However, in the future Indians will enter their enclaves and start residing there.

Calcutta is a cosmopolitan city and we are proud of it. However the core of the city has been remained and will remain Bengali. This is the city which shaped the Bengali language, literature, identity and everything. Even the official dialect in which the TV anchors or RJs speak in your country is actually the dialect which is spoken in Calcutta.

And above all, bulk of Bangladeshis in this forum don't consider themselves Bengalis to begin with! :lol:

Calcutta is a cosmopolitan city and we are proud of it. However the core of the city has been remained and will remain Bengali. This is the city which shaped the Bengali language, literature, identity and everything. Even the official dialect in which the TV anchors or RJs speak in your country is actually the dialect which is spoken in Calcutta.

And above all, bulk of Bangladeshis in this forum don't consider themselves Bengalis to begin with! :lol:

I still watch old Calcutta movies in the computer. I find the Bangla accent and intonations of present day Bangla movies are quite different from those in the old movies. Specially, the actresses talk Bangla in high pitch Hindi accent.

Calcutta cannot anymore produce good movies and they have downgraded Bangla in such a way that even a Hindi speaker like Tanuja or Asha Bhoshle will feel ashamed of it. Bangla should be like Bangla. But, west Bengal Bangla has been overwhelmed by Hindi.

I still watch old Calcutta movies in the computer. I find the Bangla accent and intonations of present day Bangla movies are quite different from those in the old movies. Specially, the actresses talk Bangla in high pitch Hindi accent.

Calcutta cannot anymore produce good movies and they have downgraded Bangla in such a way that even a Hindi speaker like Tanuja or Asha Bhoshle will feel ashamed of it. Bangla should be like Bangla. But, west Bengal Bangla has been overwhelmed by Hindi.

Wait let me get back to my home and flood you with contemporary Bengali Cine songs which will remind you of 70s.

Or search in youtube for Autograph, Antaheen, Bong Connection and see for yourself. ;)

Wait let me get back to my home and flood you with contemporary Bengali Cine songs which will remind you of 70s.

Or search in youtube for Autograph, Antaheen, Bong Connection and see for yourself. ;)
It is no big deal to be pure bangla. Such purity will only means nobody wants to go to Kolkata. I am not saying bengalis themselves to become non bengali. But not having outsider, or being untouched by others influence, is hardly something to be proud of.
Abir, do you really think Kolkata is a cosmopolitan city?

It is no big deal to be pure bangla. Such purity will only means nobody wants to go to Kolkata. I am not saying bengalis themselves to become non bengali. But not having outsider, or being untouched by others influence, is hardly something to be proud of.
Abir, do you really think Kolkata is a cosmopolitan city?

It was cosmopolitan once, now because of economic stagnancy during communist rule people have started to migrate for want of greener pasture. However we still have good population of Chinese and Anglo-Indians along with people from various states of India.

Sadly most of Anglo-Indians and probably all of Jews left the city, which is rather sad considering Jews were famous for their Bakery.

No sir, The official language is spoken in the region of Kustia of BD and Nadia in India and are spread in the region between India and BD. No TV actor or news reader in BD speaks in Calcutta dialect. We consider calcutta dialect as funny.

No sir, The official language is spoken in the region of Kustia of BD and Nadia in India and are spread in the region between India and BD. No TV actor or news reader in BD speaks in Calcutta dialect. We consider calcutta dialect as funny.

I'm too lazy and drunk to compose a reply, so I'm cross-posting an IA brigadier's post from another forum.

The language is common in many ways, but the accent and sometimes sentence construction is different.

Bengali dialect is typically divided into eight major dialect groups: Western, Southwestern, Central (or West-Central), Northern, Bahe, Eastern, Ganda, and Vanga. Often Chittagonian is added to this list as well.

During standardization of Bengali in the late 19th and early 20th century, the cultural elite was mostly from West Bengal, especially Kolkata (formerly Calcutta). To this day, the accepted standard language in both West Bengal and Bangladesh is based on the West-Central dialect of the 19th century Kolkata elite.

This has helped create a state of diglossia (The use of two markedly different varieties of a language in different social situations, such as a formal variety at work and an informal variety at home) in most of Bangladesh, with many speakers familiar with or fluent in both the regional dialect of their community and the standard West-Central dialect used in the media.

There are marked dialectal differences in terms of phonological variations between the speech of Bengalis living on the Poshchim (western) side and Purbo (eastern) side of the Padma River.

The third major factor in dialectical difference, specifically between the dialects of West Bengal and Bangladesh, is a lexical one. Even in Standard Bengali, vocabulary items often divide along the split between the predominantly Muslim Bangladeshi populace and largely Hindu West Bengali populace. Due to their cultural and religious traditions, Muslims occasionally utilize Perso-Arabic words instead of the Sanskrit-derived forms.

Some examples of lexical alternation between standard West Bengali forms (or commonly called Hindu forms) and their corresponding standard Bangladeshi forms (or commonly called Muslim forms) are as follows:

1. hello: namoshkar corresponds to assalamualaikum/slamalikum
2. invitation: nimontron/nimontonno corresponds to daoat
3. water: jal corresponds to pani
4. meat: mangsho corresponds to gosh/goshto/gosto
5. prayer: prarthona corresponds to doa
6. God: Bhagoban, Ishshor corresponds to Allah, Khoda
7. salt: nun corresponds to lobon
8. turmeric: holdi corresponds to holud
9. chili pepper: longka corresponds to morich.
10. uncle: kaka corresponds to chacha.
11. maternal aunt: mashi corresponds to khala.
12. cloud: megh corresponds to badal.

Back
Top Bottom