What's new

India to Induct 4th Regiment of BrahMos Cruise Missiles in 2 Weeks

shree835

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
1019655803.jpg

India will induct the fourth regiment of the BrahMos cruise missiles in two weeks.

KUALA LUMPUR (Sputnik) — New Delhi will induct the fourth regiment of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles jointly developed by Russia and India in two weeks, a spokesman for BrahMos Aerospace company said Thursday.

"As you know, three regiments have already been inducted in the Indian army's ground forces. At the moment we speak about the fourth regiment. All the main documents have already been signed…the completion of the paperwork will take up to two weeks," Praveen Pathak told RIA Novosti.

He added that at the moment India was equipping country's navy with BrahMos missiles and had already armed 10 ships.

BrahMos is a short-range supersonic missile, which has been in use by the Indian Navy since 2005. The missile has a range of 180 miles and can carry a conventional warhead of up to 660 pounds.

Manufacturer of the missile, BrahMos Aerospace, is an India-Russia joint company named after the rivers Brahmaputra and Moskva.

http://sputniknews.com/military/20160421/1038383582/brahmos-missiles-india.html

Good news. Indian army had requirements of 4 regiments and finally here we are!!

Sir where are the 4 to be positioned ?
well, it's a short range missile, and given how virtually all of China's major infrastructure and commercial and population centers are located along its far eastern coast, I'd think they're going to be stationed on our western borders in Punjab, Kashmir, Gujarat and Rajasthan.

well, it's a short range missile, and given how virtually all of China's major infrastructure and commercial and population centers are located along its far eastern coast, I'd think they're going to be stationed on our western borders in Punjab, Kashmir, Gujarat and Rajasthan.
This very much GUPT....Don ask.

I know that the 1st regiment is somewhere in north Rajasthan , rest... may be 1 in Kashmir, I in north east and 1 in A&N

Apart from the 1st regiment I am not that sure about the rest.

And yes the exact location is secret, but the regions are known.

Back
Top Bottom