What's new

India to have own satellite navigation system soon: ISRO

If you know more than please share :smokin:

This is what ISRO says, :)

"INDIAN REGIONAL NAVIGATION SATELLITE SYSTEM (IRNSS)

IRNSS constellation consists of seven satellites. Three satellites will be placed in Geostationary orbit (GEO) at 34°E, 83°E & 131.5°E and two satellites each will be placed in the Geosynchronous orbit (GSO) with equatorial crossing at 55°E and 111.5°E with an inclination of 29° to the equator. Two spare satellites are also planned to be realised. IRNSS will have two types of signals, in L5 and S-Band. IRNSS provides two basic services a Standard Positioning Service (SPS) for common civilian users and a Restricted Service (RS) for special authorised users. "

best of luck to isro....only two countries have navigation satellite

Two fully operated (world wide)
GLONASS : Russia
GPS :USA

Two under development
Galileo : Europe
COMPASS : China

Regional navigation systems (Operational)
Beidou 1 : China
DORIS : France

(In development )
IRNSS : India
QZSS : Japan

IRNSS provides two basic services a Standard Positioning Service (SPS) for common civilian users and a Restricted Service (RS) for special authorised users. "

Think who are the special authorised users! :smokin:

We can use GPS + GAGAN for more its accuracy...

Can use GLONASS for military as well as civilian purposes

And now own system....wow

More silly claims from Indians. This is a country that imports telecommunications equipment and has trouble putting a satellite into orbit.

All that's happened is ISRO is in preliminary talks with some suppliers who can provide key components that India can assemble and call it "indigenous."

More silly claims from Indians. This is a country that imports telecommunications equipment and has trouble putting a satellite into orbit.

All that's happened is ISRO is in preliminary talks with some suppliers who can provide key components that India can assemble and call it "indigenous."

and more never ending stupidity from honky who.Can ya show with whom we are in talks to "BUY" IRNS .

and one more Question how many people did one of your failed long march took with it.Dint ya super duper technology rocket have a simple self destruvtive mode.

Can anybody explain me what are the difference between IRNSS and GAGAN ?/

@DRDO
As far as i know, Indian version of US GPS and Russian GLONASS is GAGAN.

First GAGAN satellite was failed in April 2010. 2 More gagan satellites to be launched in 2011.

Can anybody explain me what are the difference between IRNSS and GAGAN ?/

GAGAN is a GPS Guided Satellite to improve the accuracy of a GNSS receiver by providing reference signals. Its for better Flight Management ...

IRNSS is a Totally Indipendent satellite Navigation System, for eg: most of the Missiles have inertial Navigation System with an option for GPS, now we can replace GPS with IRNSS so that In case of a battle no one tricks us by cutting the Signal...

Can anybody explain me what are the difference between IRNSS and GAGAN ?

GAGAN uses GPS signal. It increases the accuracy and availability of GPS signal for precision landing and aircraft, railway movement. USA has WAAS and Europe has EGNOS similar to GAGAN.

DRDO
As far as i know, Indian version of US GPS and Russian GLONASS is GAGAN.

First GAGAN satellite was failed in April 2010. 2 More gagan satellites to be launched in 2011.
IRNSS is regional version of GPS and GLONASS not GAGAN.

first own it the boast about it.A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

first own it the boast about it.A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

No one is boasting, since You are an Indian You must know that, In a democracy Almost every Govt move is Made Public since Public Money is Used, Where as certain secrecy's are maintained.... If the Govt dosent say it, then the Public that is YOU and ME, can File an RTI to the ISRO RTI officer asking why he did not reveal before making a civilian project such as these when there was a tender passed for requirements, and ISRO could be sued upon that ...... Understand My dear Indian?? Next time, learn what India is before using that flag.... TATA:wave:

No one is boasting, since You are an Indian You must know that, In a democracy Almost every Govt move is Made Public since Public Money is Used, Where as certain secrecy's are maintained.... If the Govt dosent say it, then the Public that is YOU and ME, can File an RTI to the ISRO RTI officer asking why he did not reveal before making a civilian project such as these when there was a tender passed for requirements, and ISRO could be sued upon that ...... Understand My dear Indian?? Next time, learn what India is before using that flag.... TATA:wave:

hey! Ahahaha you busted him mate.!! Tabhi to bandar ka jayane adrak ka swaad -
monkey3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom