What's new

India to gear up for 'star wars'

Come on guys, who is going to buy into such kind of propaganda, i still recall the term "Star War" traced back to Ronald Reagan's era, even till today, US never claim successful of the so-called "Star War" other than the movies one, and you are telling me, no offence but a backward country comparing to US like India will get the job done?
:no::hang2:
US already is finishing testing phases of laser-based weapons. Not exactly like Jedis but in actual and practical sense. For now they're only non-lethal. However, power source remains a problem.

You know project KALI in India is also started for lethal purposes to shoot down ballistic missiles. But the problem here is that one proper shot of such high intensity laser consumes 12,000 litres of kerosene. We need to work on power source.

And you're right; it was first conceptualized by US president Reagan.

LASER POWER

Non-Lethal systems:

-- Hand-held laser dazzler to disorient adversaries, without collateral damage. 50-metre range. Status: Ready.

-- Crowd-control dazzlers mounted on vehicles to dispel rioting mobs. 250-metre range. Status: take 2 years more.

-- Laser-based ordnance disposal system, which can be used to neutralise IEDs and other explosives from a distance. Status: trials begin in 18 months.

Lethal Systems:

-- Air defence dazzlers to take on enemy aircraft and helicopters. 10-km range. Status: take 2 years more.

-- 25-kilowatt laser systems to destroy missiles during their terminal phase. 5 to 7-km range. Status: take five years more.

-- At least 100-kilowatt solid-state laser systems, mounted on aircraft and ships, to destroy missiles in their boost phase itself. Status: will take a decade.

Well done. With in next few years we will be in position to tackle enemy theater missiles, helicopters and aircrafts with multiple ways. Missile defence, MRSAM, Akash, Spyder and now laser based missile defence!!!

-- Air defence dazzlers to take on enemy aircraft and helicopters. 10-km range. Status: take 2 years more.

I am quite interested about this!!!

India makes qualified scientest. The Americans want lot of qualified scientest. Indian scientest work for US contractors and learn technology for free. India benefits without investing much. Smart move!

India makes qualified scientest. The Americans want lot of qualified scientest. Indian scientest work for US contractors and learn technology for free. India benefits without investing much. Smart move!

India selects the best brains (IITs and IIMs) and teach them with pouring hundreds millions of dollars but at the end they go to US, work there and never return to India. :hang2:

US already is finishing testing phases of laser-based weapons. Not exactly like Jedis but in actual and practical sense. For now they're only non-lethal. However, power source remains a problem.

Well its not actually non-lethal. US has made lethal weapons as well.

The Tactical High Energy Laser (THEL)

The THEL is a laser weapon jointly developed by the US and Israel, with the program initiated in 1996. The THEL is to be built in two configurations, the static baseline THEL and relocatable Mobile THEL (MTHEL).

The design aim of the THEL systems is to provide a point defence weapon which is capable of engaging and destroying artiellery rockets (Katyushas), artillery shells, mortar rounds and low flying aircraft.

THEL-Beam-Director-Turret-2S.jpg

The THEL demonstrator was trialled repeatedly between 2000 and 2004, destroying 28 122 mm and 160 mm Katyusha rockets, multiple artillery shells, and mortar rounds, including a salvo attack by mortar.

Raytheon Laser Area Defense System (LADS)

Raytheon's LADS is intended to provide a short range point defence weapon as a replacement for the Phalanx CIWS, utilising existing Phalanx hardware and systems.

Raytheon-LADS-Demonstrator-1S.jpg

Raytheon has completed a series of activities that culminated in an early demonstration of LADS. The LADS unit consisted of an Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) 20-kilowatt IPG Photonics fiber laser and a bench-mounted beam director secured to the top of a Phalanx mount. AFRL testing verified the ability to propagate the laser beam and achieve the desired effect for a 60 mm mortar in a real-world environment. Sandia National Laboratories provided explosive test chambers, targets and an outdoor range for live-fire testing of LADS against operational mortars. This series of tests was analyzed by AFRLs Directed Energy Directorate, which substantiated predictions that a mortar could be destroyed at ranges greater than 550 meters. The laboratory and field testing anchored the high-fidelity directed energy weapon system effectiveness model.

And there is also Boeing YAL-1

Last edited by a moderator:
no sorry I'm not being rude or anything I'm sorry if I caused any offence, one of the members made me laugh.

Ok i thought you were laughing at the news details of Indian ambitions with regards to space and other tech.

Anyway on the topic congrats to Indians for making progress and high tech. Its quite progressive that they have these projects in mind.

people here from other country(specially our neighborhood) r laughing on india ambitious project. i know india is not very good in military technology but india is changing and we r developing our own technology and we are also successful in many technology.

but a little request:
Don't laugh on us Look at yourself.

people here from other country(specially our neighborhood) r laughing on india ambitious project. i know india is not very good in military technology but india is changing and we r developing our own technology and we are also successful in many technology.

but a little request:
Don't laugh on us Look at yourself.
I have many Indian friends, I love their food, I love their woman and lastly love them because of who they are, I'm sorry if it had offended you in anyway, Love from your Bengali brother, few of my Indian friends laughed at this as well, I'm sorry if people don't feel the same way.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom