What's new

India to discuss China with US later this month

Are you for real?????

Global Times - Arms race threatens region

Global Times - Arms race threatens region

Global Times is official newspaper of china, do you need more links?????

don't post just sake of it.

erm...have you actually read the article? It's mainly talking about ASEAN countries having a go at each other. There wasn't much mentioning of India. They did say 'China, Japan, India and Iran are the main regional players' :). Besides you know how military papers like to dramatise, so I wouldn't read too much into this arms race.

Read more: India to discuss China with US later this month - India - The Times of India India to discuss China with US later this month - India - The Times of India

1. Why china is so foolish and wants to make everybody hostile and enemy????

2. They are provoking India, South Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Taiwan, USA etc.

I'm afraid china's bullying will end up like Hitler who have made so many enemies at same time that results in his destruction.

As I said in another thread, some of those countries are unhappy because they discovered we're not in the business of self-denial and actually dared to defend our interests.

Vietnam, for example, is a country that sells oil drilling rights on disputed water under their control, yet is making a huge fuss about Chinese plan to develop tourism on areas under our control, which by the way is an entirely renewable source of income unlike oil.

South Korea tried to exclude us from affairs that we have a major and legitimate interests in. It refused to invite us for the investigation over the Choenan sinking. It tried to make the U.S to strongarm us into agreement. Guess what? That did not work and they are now trying hard to repair damaged tie with China.

Japan, of course, is a country who jumps every time when Chinese navy dares to sail into the Pacific on international waters.

Mainland's relation with Taiwan are at historical high at the moment, there's a lot of things to improve but we're doing pretty good at the moment.

As for India, it hosted the Tibetan government-in-exile for over how many years now? Yet it still wonders why China doesn't trust India.

Of course we're not entirely innocent in our dealings. But overall we're not their enemy and not interested in being one. Our relationship with our partners (and yes I'm counting India as a partner) are mature enough that some geopolitical disagreements will not derail the entire relationship.

You may have noticed, for example, China is currently the biggest trading partner for Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and India.

Some of our Indian friends need to forget the idea 'if you disagree with me then you're my enemy' or 'if you agree with Pakistan then you're my enemy'. The world doesn't work in black and white, and you'll only hurt your own interests if you think in that way.

India to discuss China with US later this month

NEW DELHI: Even as India formally protested to China about the presence of its troops in Pakistan-0ccupied Kashmir, New Delhi is getting ready to engage the US on China.

Indian officials, led by Gautam Bambawale, joint secretary, East Asia, in the MEA, will be in Washington later this month for the second round of Asian strategic dialogue with Kurt Campbell, US assistant secretary of state for East Asia. While the dialogue will largely cover the two countries approach to Asian policies and strategies, China is likely to dominate the talks. The first round of the talks was held in New Delhi in April, where India and the US for the first time shared perceptions and assessments about China, followed by other countries like Myanmar.

A lot has happened with China since then. Both India and the US have had several run-ins with China on national security issues all of which are likely to be discussed.

In July, the US barged its way into the South China Sea debate at the Asean conference, what went unnoticed was that India joined 11 other countries to openly declare that the South China Sea should remain open for international navigation. It was an important statement, and it was made at the Asean Region Forum "retreat" meeting by MoS external affairs Preneet Kaur. It was made in response to China's declaration that the South China Sea would to be an integral part of Beijing's "core" interest, along with Tibet and Taiwan.

India retains a strong interest in keeping sea lanes open in the South China Sea. Apart from helping secure energy supplies for countries like Japan and Korea, India has the unique distinction of shipping oil from Sakhalin to Mangalore through this sea route. For China to maintain control over these waters would be very difficult for India to accept.

In the past few months, the US has upped the ante with China on the national security front -- its naval exercises with South Korea in the Sea of Japan raised hackles in Beijing (even though the US refrained from conducting these exercises in the Yellow sea, which would have really riled the Chinese).

China has also stopped defence exchanges with the US, after the Obama administration carried out arms sales with Taiwan.

China has been hurting India's own core interests lately, with the matter coming to a head when Beijing refused to allow the visit of the Indian army's GOC-in-C northern command because his command included Jammu & Kashmir.

There is a growing perception in India that the Chinese military establishment is playing a different foreign policy script than the foreign office in Beijing. This perception has been strengthened over the past couple of years, which makes India's diplomacy on China a lot more difficult.

Read more: India to discuss China with US later this month - India - The Times of India India to discuss China with US later this month - India - The Times of India

1. Why china is so foolish and wants to make everybody hostile and enemy????

2. They are provoking India, South Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Taiwan, USA etc.

I'm afraid china's bullying will end up like Hitler who have made so many enemies at same time that results in his destruction.

Isaq Khan seems to have a fascination with the Chinese people and I am, as a Chinese member, flattered by the sheer amount of attention that he has dedicated to my country. :partay: Despite the fact that he is Indian (claims to be anyways) every single thread he posted on this forum is about China! There are not many Chinese that I know who shares a similar fascination with their own country.

Of course we're not entirely innocent in our dealings. But overall we're not their enemy and not interested in being one. Our relationship with our partners (and yes I'm counting India as a partner) are mature enough that some geopolitical disagreements will not derail the entire relationship.

You may have noticed, for example, China is currently the biggest trading partner for Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and India.

Exactly right.

Cooperation is always better than conflict.

We have a strong military relationship with Russia... and the President of the USA, Barak Obama, said that "US-China relations will shape the 21st century".

We have strong friendships in the neighborhood, with: Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, etc.

We are the number one trading partner for all East Asian nations (Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, etc).

We are also the number one trading partner for the European Union. China also has enormous economic and diplomatic interests in Africa and the Middle East.

So the OP's assertion, that China seeks a conflict with the "whole world" is completely false.

So the OP's assertion, that China seeks a conflict with the "whole world" is completely false.

Well on one side the Asian nations look at China's rise with awe,on the other side see it with suspicion,despite China's record of successfully solving the border dispute with most of its neighbors.

China has to do more to gain trust within the continent.

ontopic

Chinese presence in Gilgit is a common concern to both US and India as there is a possibility that it may complicate the situation in Afghanistan.

Beyond which i see no reason for India to discuss its own problems with a third party.

Last edited:
Well on one side the Asian nations look at China's rise with awe,on the other side see it with suspicion,despite China's record of successfully solving the border dispute with most of its neighbors.

China has to do more to gain trust within the continent.

ontopic

Chinese presence in Gilgit is a concern to US and India as there is a possibility that it may complicate the situation in Afghanistan.

Beyond which i see no reason for India to discuss its own problems with a third party.

You're right of course. :cheers:

I am just arguing against the OP, who seems to think that China is trying to start another "world war"!!!

China is not perfect... but for the OP to say that we are the next "Nazi Germany"... that is just ridiculous.

You're right of course. :cheers:

I am just arguing against the OP, who seems to think that China is trying to start another "world war"!!!

China is not perfect... but for the OP to say that we are the next "Nazi Germany"... that is just ridiculous.

Whenever there has been a power monopoly in history,it has always been greeted with suspicion and later paranoia.

HTML:
You mean
China is now as strong as Germany was 65 years ago. I'd agree to that yea!

German brain cannot be compared to some one who is into reverse engineering. Germans are one of the most disciplined people i have ever met. Pretty much straight forward people, who don't like to play mind games and dodge around arguments. If they decide to be your enemy they would make there stand very clear.

Nothing fishy about their mindset.

Racist gibberish. You IBRIS have spewed hateful rubbish everytime you've opened your mouth. How many German people do you personally know? How many Chinese people have you really spoken too?

he looks up to aryan germany because he knows the real aryans sitting in delhi despise his own skin color.

He probably belong to one of those victims of school bullying in American school system, only act tough and talk big behind the screen, nothing more than a way to escape from reality for a while to feel better, life is tough for him in real life:cry:
Trust me, i been living in US since 10, starting from elementary school, i been witnessing shy, skinny, short Indians trying so hard to hang around with the white Americans, never got accepted but being bullying and poking fun at instead, check out those American style c.... bashing in youtube, you will understand the reason behind his freaking behavior, it all happened for a reason, poor guy.:azn:

He probably belong to one of those victims of school bullying in American school system, only act tough and talk big behind the screen, nothing more than a way to escape from reality for a while to feel better, life is tough for him in real life:cry:
Trust me, i been living in US since 10, starting from elementary school, i been witnessing shy, skinny, short Indians trying so hard to hang around with the white Americans, never got accepted but being bullying and poking fun at instead, check out those American style c.... bashing in youtube, you will understand the reason behind his freaking behavior, it all happened for a reason, poor guy.:azn:

That is unusual. Where I live all the Asian kids (Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean, Indian, whatever) usually bunch together since we are all very academically inclined. I don't think most of us would want to hang out with the "popular" kids since they are, for the most part, jerks and bullies who end up getting no where any ways. We do, however, have "popular" kids even in the Asian subgroup but they are usually excellent in anything they do.

That is unusual. Where I live all the Asian kids (Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean, Indian, whatever) usually bunch together since we are all very academically inclined. I don't think most of us would want to hang out with the "popular" kids since they are, for the most part, jerks and bullies who end up getting no where any ways. We do, however, have "popular" kids even in the Asian subgroup but they are usually excellent in anything they do.

May be it all depend on where you live, "South Carolina", does that ring a bell? i don't think you will found that many asian races over there. Trust me, its tough there in school, survival of the fittest.:D

May be it all depend on where you live, "South Carolina", does that ring a bell? i don't think you will found that many asian races over there. Trust me, its tough there in school, survival of the fittest.:D

Old Southern state. No wonder.

Back
Top Bottom