What's new

India to develop missiles with France

Brother, At Any stage u need Not prove the Development and Capability of China.
China is the Only Real Contendor to Challenge US is Most of the Sectors.

My Point was simple. India did not have money to spend on RnD prior to 90s hence we have been late , yes there are other facts as well.. still we made an awesome progress in the field of Ballistics , Aerospace and Rocketory all Credit to DRDO and ISRO , BEL and HAL...

So Just like China CAN Make Fifth Gen Fighters yet the 'economics' suggests it to import it from Russia ; India too is Importing Weapons though a parallel Indegenious Effort in On Track in Almost every Area of Defence RnD.

Personally,I find it is difficult to catch up US,US is still at the dominant position in even all the field,at least it need another 50 years~

Personally,I find it is difficult to catch up US,US is still at the dominant position in even all the field,at least it need another 50 years~

Naah, thats because of the boost they got during the Cold war era.... But China is a serious contender

India to develop missiles with France
Last Updated: Jun 04, 2010

New Delhi After moving ahead with similar projects with Russia and Israel, India is set to finalise a missile co-development project with France to manufacture a new range of Short Range Surface to Air Missiles (SRSAM) for the armed forces. The joint project, which will involve the DRDO and French missile manufacturer MBDA, is likely to be finalised within the next few months.
While India and France initiated the project in 2007 — it is mentioned in the joint statement on defence cooperation between the countries — the project has taken more than three years to finalise. Sources say that the final terms of the agreement are in the process of being finalised. The next generation air defence missile, which will be inducted by the Army, Navy and Air Force, could also be made available for export.

The joint development is likely to take the course of the Indo-Russian Brahmos supersonic cruise missile project that has already borne fruit for the DRDO. India has also recently signed a deal with Israel to co develop a long range surface to air missile to protect its warships and vital assets on the ground.

The Indo-French missile, which has tentatively been named ‘Maitri’, will replace the ageing arsenal of Russian missiles that are currently being used by the armed forces to protect airfield and other vital installations. Sources said that the project could be signed as early as August this year to kick start the manufacturing of the missile.

Over the past three years, MBDA and DRDO have finalised the design and performance parameters of the missile to suit the needs of the armed forces. Besides providing the armed forces with a modern air defence missiles, the project will also add a new capability with France that presently does not have a similar missile in production.

India and France are also close to signing an estimated $ 2.2 bn deal to modernise the fleet of Mirage 2000 fighters.

The Electronics & Radar Development Establishment (ERDE), Bangalore, would develop two indigenous radars for the Maitri project. These would be new-generation variants of Central Acquisition Radar (3D-CAR), with the ability to track 150 targets simultaneously at a distance of 200 kilometers. The naval variant would be called the Revati and the air force version would be called Rohini.
Over 1000 missiles are expected to be produced for the Indian Army, Air Force and Navy.

Guy please stick with the topics i saw in every block we move from our topics. i think its our nature:blah::blah::rofl: (sometimes i also:blah:). Please stick with the topics and :cheers:

Guy please stick with the topics i saw in every block we move from our topics. i think its our nature:blah::blah::rofl: (sometimes i also:blah:). Please stick with the topics and :cheers:

Which of the post is out of topic.???

isn't MAITRI a dumped project...this was a hot topic in 2007-08..if i remember correctly but afterwards nothing as such came..

In these joint devlopment projects do the countries that India is partnered with actually use the product themselves. For instance I am aware that the Russians have no interest in the Bramhos missile for themselves. Will France be using these weapons themselves?

isn't MAITRI a dumped project...this was a hot topic in 2007-08..if i remember correctly but afterwards nothing as such came..

Scrapped on On 15 July 2009 and revived on June4 2010

In these joint devlopment projects do the countries that India is partnered with actually use the product themselves. For instance I am aware that the Russians have no interest in the Bramhos missile for themselves. Will France be using these weapons themselves?

well i dnt know about this project with france ...

but russia already have cruse missile that have range greater than Brahmos .... but they are interested in Hypersonic version of Brahmos

They are not interested in the missile itself, because they have similar missiles which are not limited in range by international rules. This doesn't mean they are not interested in the co-development, because it will help to impove their navigation systems, seekers, as well as the propulsions too. India can use the same knowledge to develop own missiles with longer range like Nirbhay.

After Russia and Israel, India to develop missiles with France

After moving ahead with similar projects with Russia and Israel, India is set to finalise a missile co-development project with France to manufacture a new range of Short Range Surface to Air Missiles (SRSAM) for the armed forces. The joint project, which will involve the DRDO and French missile manufacturer MBDA, is likely to be finalised within the next few months.

While India and France initiated the project in 2007 — it is mentioned in the joint statement on defence cooperation between the countries — the project has taken more than three years to finalise. Sources say that the final terms of the agreement are in the process of being finalised. The next generation air defence missile, which will be inducted by the Army, Navy and Air Force, could also be made available for export.

The joint development is likely to take the course of the Indo-Russian Brahmos supersonic cruise missile project that has already borne fruit for the DRDO. India has also recently signed a deal with Israel to co develop a long range surface to air missile to protect its warships and vital assets on the ground.
The Indo-French missile, which has tentatively been named ‘Maitri’, will replace the ageing arsenal of Russian missiles that are currently being used by the armed forces to protect airfield and other vital installations. Sources said that the project could be signed as early as August this year to kick start the manufacturing of the missile.

Over the past three years, MBDA and DRDO have finalised the design and performance parameters of the missile to suit the needs of the armed forces. Besides providing the armed forces with a modern air defence missiles, the project will also add a new capability with France that presently does not have a similar missile in production.

India and France are also close to signing an estimated $ 2.2 bn deal to modernise the fleet of Mirage 2000 fighters.

I asked this before and maybe someone can help this time. Why does MoD wants this co-development wit France and MBDA instead of Israel and Rafael?

It doesn't make sense to me to go with them on basis of a SAM system that IAF rejected after evaluation and trials (VL MICA). They ordered Spyder SAM instead and by the fact that the IN already has a SAM co-development with Rafael, it should be the better idea to ask them for another co-development right?

I know that Barak 8 is a long range SAM and Maitri only for short ranges, but the seekers and navigation systems should have commonalities or?

Back
Top Bottom