What's new

India to deliver two Cheetah helicopters to Afghanistan

sudhir007

Reaction score
India to deliver two Cheetah helicopters to Afghanistan - Khaama Press (KP) | Afghan News Agency

According to reports, India will deliver two helicopters to Afghan security forces next month, as part of its support to reconstruct the Afghan national security forces.
Manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited in Bangalore, the Cheetah choppers would be used for reconnaissance purposes, sources quoted by local media agencies said.

India is also considering to send its military trainers to the newly opened Afghan National Army Officers Academy apart from deploying technicians to run an old military hardware maintenance facility in the war-ravaged country.

Kabul envoy to New Delhi, Shaida M Abdali said Afghan Government was keen on India joining Russia to revive and run an old Soviet-era military maintenance facility in Afghanistan.

New Delhi is also studying the fresh proposal from president Haid Karzai’s administration to provide lethal weapons to Afghan security forces.

President Hami Karzai is expected to visit India within the next few days to meet with the Indian officials including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, where Karzai is expected to discuss the proposal.

“They (Karzai and Singh) will examine efforts to be undertaken by both sides to ensure the protection of our shared national security interests,” Abdali quoted by local news agency Deccan Herald said.

Abdali also added, “In the coming months and years, regardless of who leads our two countries, we should work together to outline contours of our security and defense cooperation in tangible ways for implementation.”

Currently India is providing training to 350 Afghan army officers, and around 1,400 Afghan National Army officers were trained in Indian institutions since 2003.

Good work...Afghanistan had also asked India for a few Mi 35 gunships. Any idea what happened with that request?

Long live India Afghan relationship...India should help our friend whatever they need to protect our both interest and our friend development.

If I'm not wrong,they ordered 4,right???as for Mi-35,I think they should buy our Rudra..

Good work...Afghanistan had also asked India for a

few Mi 35 gunships. Any idea what happened with that request?
It seems India needs Russian Permission for that!
If I'm not wrong,they ordered 4,right???as for Mi-35,I think they should buy our Rudra..

If I am correct our Mi-35s (atleast some-15 i guess) were second hand brought from Kyrgistan and not directly from Russia.
Previously also we've transferred Russian equipment to other nations,so Russian permission doesn't come to picture I guess.

Also,the chances of us retiring them anytime soon is slim,with Rudra/LCH are not going to "replace" them and their intended replacement, the Apaches,are atleast 2 years away.So in no way we are going to give them our existing Mi-35s as we ourselves are short by a unit.

Giving them Rudras also have its issues-we will have to meet our own orders first.

Plan A

Washington says it will withdraw all US combat troops from Afghanistan by 2014. But read the fine print. As of now, 14,000-16,000 US troops will remain on so-called “anti-terrorism” missions and for “training” – though Washington admits there are not more than 50 al-Qaida members in Afghanistan.

In other words, the old British system of white officers commanding native troops. A good $4-5 billion annually from the US and allies will go to hiring up to 400,000 pro-government troops (under US command).

These mercenaries will fight half-heartedly for the Yankee dollar, not ideology. CIA will maintain another mercenary force of about 2,000, and a fleet of killer drones. Add commandos from the shadowy US Special Ops Joint Command (JSOC), a copy of Her Majesty’s assassins, Britain’s famed SAS.

The ongoing US stealth occupation of Afghanistan will be enshrined by a new US-Afghanistan security treaty (read 1930 Anglo-Iraq Treaty), another deal between puppet and string-puller, made respectable by rigged elections and bribed chieftains and a big dose of drug money.

The Soviets did the same thing after they invaded Afghanistan. It’s good old imperialism 101.

US public relations firms will keep up a steady drumbeat of happy news about the US-run government building girl’s schools and improving public health.

Not a peep will come about the US-backed and paid tribal and government chiefs who run Afghanistan’s ever growing export business in morphine and heroin. Under US control, Afghanistan has become the world’s leading exporter of heroin and opium. Drug output rose 50% last year according to the UN. Drug money and laundering it has corrupted the entire Afghan government and provides most of Kabul’s
revenue, aside from US handouts.

Most important, just like the British in Iraq, the US will retain 2-4 key airbases. Bagram, built by the Soviets, will be the nerve center of the US control of Afghanistan. In Afghanistan’s arid, treeless terrain, air power is decisive. Without its total, 24-7 control of the air, the US would not be able to sustain bases in Afghanistan. The US Air Force, the primary tool of US global power, will police the skies of South Asia and defend the puppet regime in Kabul. India is expected to lend discreet support for the ongoing US occupation of Afghanistan.

Eric Margolis.

If I am correct our Mi-35s (atleast some-15 i guess) were second hand brought from Kyrgistan and not directly from Russia.
Previously also we've transferred Russian equipment to other nations,so Russian permission doesn't come to picture I guess.

Also,the chances of us retiring them anytime soon is slim,with Rudra/LCH are not going to "replace" them and their intended replacement, the Apaches,are atleast 2 years away.So in no way we are going to give them our existing Mi-35s as we ourselves are short by a unit.

Giving them Rudras also have its issues-we will have to meet our own orders first.

We should have transferred to another country , only after permission from Russians. its just they dont make a noise about weapon transfer, and if the country involves India, they hardly raise any issues (remember J17 engines to Pakistan?) .
And our M-35 are still upgraded and spare parts are bought from Russia. Its just India is thinking hard whether to transfer or not. Its in a dilemma. Even if we transfer Russia wont open its mouth.

We can give them Dhruv's!

We should have transferred to another country , only after permission from Russians. its just they dont make a noise about weapon transfer, and if the country involves India, they hardly raise any issues (remember J17 engines to Pakistan?) .
And our M-35 are still upgraded and spare parts are bought from Russia. Its just India is thinking hard whether to transfer or not. Its in a dilemma. Even if we transfer Russia wont open its mouth.

We can give them Dhruv's!

If we transfer them Russia for sure isn't going to make any noise.But we simply can't,atleast for now.

Dhruvs are a good option,but that will mean an entirely new platform for them,training and finance can be a issue too.

Back
Top Bottom