What's new

India to buy air defence missiles to secure vital installations

Why do we need MR-SAM's when we are developing Barak-2 with Israeli help?

Hey mate! This is my first day in pdf and hi to all the members. I would like to point out to you that this RFI for brand new MR-SAM is over and above the indo-israeli JV for Barak-8 SAM.this purchase is to swiftly replace the near obselete SA-3 Pechora and SA-8 Gecko sam systems as the upgrade program for the SA-3 SAM is cancelled the new MR-SAMs would serve as a stop gap measure before the majority of the Akash sam and Land based barak-8 are inducted.these new sam systems will be off the shelf and so quickly will be inducted.i hope u got my point.

Hey mate! This is my first day in pdf and hi to all the members. I would like to point out to you that this RFI for brand new MR-SAM is over and above the indo-israeli JV for Barak-8 SAM.this purchase is to swiftly replace the near obselete SA-3 Pechora and SA-8 Gecko sam systems as the upgrade program for the SA-3 SAM is cancelled the new MR-SAMs would serve as a stop gap measure before the majority of the Akash sam and Land based barak-8 are inducted.these new sam systems will be off the shelf and so quickly will be inducted.i hope u got my point.

Thanks for the info but where did you get this info. Can you post your source. Thanks, R

Thanks for the info but where did you get this info. Can you post your source. Thanks, R

you don't need a source to figure out the reason for the purchase makes sense- as indicated by him.

That is the news all about.. MRSAM and Barak-2 are same.

hey ironman.namaste.i think u r a bit wrong here. Barak-8 and the RFI for the new MR-SAMs are different.Barak-8 itself falls in the MR-SAMs which have 70-90 km range.India has already purchased Barak-8 sam from Israel in 2009 i guess for $ 1.1 billion.this Rfi for new Mr-SAM will replace the obselete sa-3 and sa-8 sam batteries which protect vital installations and are stop gap measure before Barak-8 sam gets inducted.senior members please point any mistakes in my reply as i am new.

you don't need a source to figure out the reason for the purchase makes sense- as indicated by him.

Not everything that makes sense or adds up is true. Especially w.r.t to MoD India. Nowhere in his post does he say he has inferred it by logic but was presented as information.

Not everything that makes sense or adds up is true. Especially w.r.t to MoD India. Nowhere in his post does he say he has inferred it by logic but was presented as information.

haven't you heard before that india has already purchased barak-8 MR SAM worth of $ 1.1 billion.had this SAM been Barak-8 it would have been mentioned.morever barak-8 is a indo-israeli JV and if india were to purchase Barak-8 MR-SAM it would have been mentioned and if india wants to buy barak-8 why an RFI? its india's own product.here MR-SAM refers to the type of SAM and Barak-8 belongs to the MR-SAM category.i hope u get my point.Ramu dada u r a senior member here and elder to me as well so correct me if i m wrong.treat me as your younger bro.thnx.

haven't you heard before that india has already purchased barak-8 MR SAM worth of $ 1.1 billion.had this SAM been Barak-8 it would have been mentioned.morever barak-8 is a indo-israeli JV and if india were to purchase Barak-8 MR-SAM it would have been mentioned and if india wants to buy barak-8 why an RFI? its india's own product.here MR-SAM refers to the type of SAM and Barak-8 belongs to the MR-SAM category.i hope u get my point.Ramu dada u r a senior member here and elder to me as well so correct me if i m wrong.treat me as your younger bro.thnx.

If I were to make a wish, then I would wish for S-500. A dozen of them.

If I were to make a wish, then I would wish for S-500. A dozen of them.

same wish here.but is S-500 in production? If not then S-400 would be gr8.imagine a Layered SAM Envelope comprising S-400,SPYDER,Akash-MK1 and AKASH MK-2 in the future along with Barak-8,S-300.It would be really efficient in making tandoori of enemy fighter jets,helis,uav and cruise missiles.bharat maa ki jay.

but is S-500 in production?
As far as i remember it will enter production in 2012....

If not then S-400 would be gr8.imagine a Layered SAM Envelope comprising S-400,SPYDER,Akash-MK1 and AKASH MK-2 in the future along with Barak-8,S-300.It would be really efficient in making tandoori of enemy fighter jets,helis,uav and cruise missiles.bharat maa ki jay.
Actually this is what is planned....and work is on progress and i think it might turn out to be the best defence blanket in the world...

Actually this is what is planned....and work is on progress and i think it might turn out to be the best defence blanket in the world...

Hi.I am koushik.new here.I heard that the Advanced Air Defence (AAD) can also be used as an Extended range Sam with 150-200 km range.then it would be even better.isnt it? Jai hind.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Hi.I am koushik.new here.thnx for your info regarding S-500.I heard that the Advanced Air Defence (AAD) can also be used as an Extended range Sam with 150-200 km range.then it would be even better.isnt it? Jai hind.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Hi.I am koushik.new here.thnx for your info regarding S-500.I heard that the Advanced Air Defence (AAD) can also be used as an Extended range Sam with 150-200 km range.then it would be even better.isnt it? Jai hind.

hi.I m koushik.new here.thnx for ur info about S-500.I heard that the Advanced Air Defence (AAD) missile can be used as a long range SAM with 150-200KM Range.this would be great.isnt it?

Back
Top Bottom