What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

It's the first batch that he's talking about :pop:

There's no effing way 36 can be inducted in two years from now

Nobody knows what the heck is happening. Better to wait for the bigger number to be announced (if at all) than to go by assumption. This is a crazy deal, nobody has any idea what is really happening.

I guess PMO wants to save the force depletion first, shut the shouting and demand for jets and proceed with usual negotiations. If this is the line of action then I say it's a good one

I guess PMO wants to save the force depletion first, shut the shouting and demand for jets and proceed with usual negotiations. If this is the line of action then I say it's a good one

Yes, this the line of action.

Current rate of Rafale production is 11 which would increase 2.5 fold if they got order which turn 28 or 27 jet a year.
They have to deliver 24 jets to Egypt & 36 jets to IAF.
Why do you think they can't complete within 2 years?

Well buddy this is really a great news for India and IAF but let not be too much optimistic

As of 2012, the fabrication process of each fighter took 24 months, with an annual production rate of eleven aircraft

Dassault Rafale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if they start to produce all 36 today then it will take two years to deliver them... that is not possible.

I think 3.5 years will deliver them all.

Indian lethargy.

The Scorpenes should have been inducted by now, only 1 has been complete. Artillery guns undergoing trials for past 15 years, and will continue to be on trial. Same will be true for Rafale.

Current rate of Rafale production is 11 which would increase 2.5 fold if they got order which turn 28 or 27 jet a year.
They have to deliver 24 jets to Egypt & 36 jets to IAF.
@ 11 / year ....it would take around 3 years ....but 1st yr itself we can have 10-12 Rafale.....Great

28-27 jets a year is not possible. Not unless France is under attack and their economy is on a war footing.

As it stands; the Jaguar has a niche role in the IAF's scheme of things: as a low level strike aircraft.
The Rafale comes in at A2G and also A2A roles, much more generalist. Therefore the Rafale will also substitute for the MiG-21 Bis and Bisons, while the MiG-27 is phasing out earlier.

But sir, A Rafael (probably even Su-30MKI) could perform low level strike. So Jaguar's role is not irreplaceable.

Well buddy this is really a great news for India and IAF but let not be too much optimistic

So if they start to produce all 36 today then it will take two years to deliver them... that is not possible.

So with this rate first aircraft/batch will arrive in India 2 year after signing the deal....

A Reuters report indicates that Dassault Aviation is in talks once more with UAE to replace its fighters. Dassault indicated it could ramp production up from one per month to 2.5 per month in the face of export orders.
France’s Rafale: UAE Deal Back on Boards

India's purchase of 36 French-made Rafale jets unveiled on Friday is not part of a larger order still being negotiated between the two countries, a French defense ministry source said.

The purchase of the Dassault Aviation planes, announced by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi during a visit to Paris, remains "separate from the tender under discussion for three years," the source said.

The value of the larger 126-plance deal being negotiated is estimated to have grown to about $20 billion from an initial $12 billion, primarily because of an Indian requirement that 108 of the jets be built in the country.

India's Rafale jet deal separate from talks on bigger order: source| Reuters

You watch/read enough sources, your brains will run right outside of your head. :DThere is so much crazy, contradictory information, don't think anyone knows for sure.
You watch/read enough sources, your brains will run right outside of your head. :DThere is so much crazy, contradictory information, don't think anyone knows for sure.

Just read the joint statement .confirmed

Back
Top Bottom