What's new

India to buy 42 Su-30MKIs, 71 Mi-17 V5 helicopters from Russia

You still have a upper hand here if just compared the quantity. Understandably India needs to catch up.

Wiki sources:

India:
In its publication the Military Balance 2010, International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) estimates that the Indian Air Force has a strength of 127,000 active personnel. However, various reliable sources provided notably divergent estimates of its strength over the years. The air force is estimated to have around 1,361 aircraft in active service during 2011/2012.[

China:
In 2010, the PLAAF had approximately 330,000 personnel and 2,500+ aircraft, of which 1,617 were combat aircraft;[1] the PLAAF is the largest air force in Asia, and the third largest in the world behind the United States Air Force and the Russian Air Force. This does not include PLA Naval Aviation which had 26,000 personnel and 570 aircraft (290 combat aircraft).[2]

just for your information 360-shanyang j-8 , 350 cheng du j-7 , around 200 - nan chang Q-5 , are 3rd gen. tech.

they have numbers but not the quality.

You still have a upper hand here if just compared the quantity. Understandably India needs to catch up.

Wiki sources:

India:
In its publication the Military Balance 2010, International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) estimates that the Indian Air Force has a strength of 127,000 active personnel. However, various reliable sources provided notably divergent estimates of its strength over the years. The air force is estimated to have around 1,361 aircraft in active service during 2011/2012.[

China:
In 2010, the PLAAF had approximately 330,000 personnel and 2,500+ aircraft, of which 1,617 were combat aircraft;[1] the PLAAF is the largest air force in Asia, and the third largest in the world behind the United States Air Force and the Russian Air Force. This does not include PLA Naval Aviation which had 26,000 personnel and 570 aircraft (290 combat aircraft).[2]

Majority of the PLAAF is obsolete. IAF has close to 200 4.5 generation fighters in operational service,
PLAAF is yet to procure a single operational 4.5 gen fighter.

PLAAF has like 430 transport ac, 300 of them are these - Shijiazhuang Y-5 (copy of An-2)

^^ Utterly obsolete. They mostly store them in reserve but I don't know how many of them are still
serviceable. IAF has approx 230-240 transport ac and all of them fully operational and modern enough
(except the AVROs), but china has only ~130 ac fit for active missions.

Since PRC considers USA as its main target, I have to say their arsenal is way too obsolete to pose any
challenge for USAF :undecided:

just for your information 360-shanyang j-8 , 350 cheng du j-7 , around 200 - nan chang Q-5 , are 3rd gen. tech.

they have numbers but not the quality.

Stalin would disagree with this comment. Quantity itself is a big quality. With the induction of new J-series planes, PLAF will retire these old fighters.

InAF need not to match PLAF on one to one basis. 15 Squads of Su-30 and 9 Squads of Rafale are more than enough to deter any incoming air force.

What ur problem even US n China is buy Mi-17 n most of ur fighter r copies of SU series only....:blink:
no matter what my point is, you will refute.Because you are hostile to China,deep in your heart.
then again:good job ,i hope buy more.

no matter what my point is, you will refute.Because you are hostile to China,deep in your heart.
then again:good job ,i hope buy more.

I have more important work to do in life than to carry hostility in my heart against China...:hitwall:

I do admire Chinese for what they have achieved in self dependence n infrastructure but i m sick of ''China vs India'' posts running all over PDF u were doing the same thing in real time train system thread...

Why r u unnecessarily bring China in every thread????

We know that we got to catch up a lot n we r doing what we can do in limited resources n hostile enviroment...

Pakistan Army also wants to have brand new Mi-17V5 too...

about 70 Mi-17V5/V7s along with 30-50 Z-15s.

Pakistan Army also wants to have brand new Mi-17V5 too...

about 70 Mi-17V5/V7s along with 30-50 Z-15s.

Then they should have ordered when your COAS was in Moscow. And 70 ??? Really ??? Not trolling but does such amount is availbe to your forces in current conditions ???

Majority of the PLAAF is obsolete. IAF has close to 200 4.5 generation fighters in operational service,

PLAAF has like 430 transport ac, 300 of them are these - Shijiazhuang Y-5 (copy of An-2)

^^ Utterly obsolete. They mostly store them in reserve but I don't know how many of them are still
serviceable. IAF has approx 230-240 transport ac and all of them fully operational and modern enough

Since PRC considers USA as its main target, I have to say their arsenal is way too obsolete to pose any

Nothing like that. They have 4+ gen plane in very good numbers. Does not matter they are copying or what, main thing is they are fulfilling their defence force requirement.
They are chienese bro. They ll add 4 plane in their air force but in media they ll say 1.

I do admire Chinese for what they have achieved in self dependence n infrastructure but i m sick of ''China vs India'' posts running all over PDF u were doing the same thing in real time train system thread...
give us a link and let all the members see.....is my point wrong in real time train system thread?or I offended indians?
Do not let the narrow nationalism blind your eyes

what i posted in the train system shread:
i think this system is useful only when the trains don't arrive and depart on time.
are Indian trains always late?

frankly ,we started later than India in some aspects,e.g.the real-name system for ticket,online ticket(maybe ,i'm not sure).Online Ticketing is a main way of purchasing long-distance tickets,especialy during holidays.
I think there are some differences between chinese railways and indians. we prefer bus and CRH- EMU for short-distance travel (less than 200Km),buses are faster and more comfortable for short travel,and no need to book intercity CRH-EMU tickets ,you can buy in 1 minute.train is a good choice for long-distance travel ,cheap and comfortable.India trains took on the role of the subway and bus partially maybe.
about the real-time system,maybe helpful for indians,but it is of no use for us,the trains are on time(except important holidays )..
can indian members upload some pics of indian trains?
男生們女生們鄉親們蕾嘚們枕頭們,看到了吧,
你彬彬有禮,他烏煙瘴氣。
你提高警惕,他磨磨唧唧。
表面自負,內心自卑。
狼心鼠膽,註定悲催。

Do you see Indian airforce on par or even superior to Chinese one?

give us a link and let all the members see.....is my point wrong in real time train system thread?or I offended indians?
Do not let the narrow nationalism blind your eyes

what i posted in the train system shread:

Peace be upon every one, Let us get back on topic.

Is this for Super Su? Why no media prefixed 'Super'? Whether these 42 will have ability to carry Brahmos?

Nothing like that. They have 4+ gen plane in very good numbers. Does not matter they are copying or what, main thing is they are fulfilling their defence force requirement.
They are chienese bro. They ll add 4 plane in their air force but in media they ll say 1.

4+ gen??? can you pls enlighten me which chinese AC is 4+gen with details?

Do you see Indian airforce on par or even superior to Chinese one?

i think IAF can handle PLAAF.

So Russia's plan of increasing relations with Pakistan did work :D

When Russia starts selling you AESA radars, latest jet engines and co-devloping 5th gen fighters then say somthing like this until then keep your nonsense to yourself.

Back
Top Bottom