What's new

India To Buy 262 Barak-I Anti-Ship Missiles From Israel

StormShadow

Reaction score
barak_1407401060.jpg

The Indian government is moving the cabinet committee on security (CCS) to buy 262 Barak-I anti-ship missiles worth $163 million only two weeks after New Delhi voted for a UNHRC resolution against Tel Aviv on its Gaza offensive.

The acquisition has been in motion since it was cleared by defence acquisition council under then defence minister AK Antony last December.

According to reports, the CCS vote was moved this week for the purchase of the missiles from Israeli Aircraft Industries and Rafael Advanced Systems of Israel, both of whom were investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in 2006 for allegedly paying kickbacks in a missile deal and were later black-listed.

barak_1407401060.jpg

The Indian government is moving the cabinet committee on security (CCS) to buy 262 Barak-I anti-ship missiles worth $163 million only two weeks after New Delhi voted for a UNHRC resolution against Tel Aviv on its Gaza offensive.

The acquisition has been in motion since it was cleared by defence acquisition council under then defence minister AK Antony last December.

According to reports, the CCS vote was moved this week for the purchase of the missiles from Israeli Aircraft Industries and Rafael Advanced Systems of Israel, both of whom were investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in 2006 for allegedly paying kickbacks in a missile deal and were later black-listed.

Great news,time to focus on making our procurement system Faster & transparent

B'coz all the ships of Indian navy aren't configured acc. to Barak 2.
More precisely older ships are not updated to barak2 configurations as Barack-2 isnt ready as of today. So follow on is must

PS: I like you more when you are trolling :p::p::p:

More precisely older ships are not updated to barak2 configurations as Barack-2 isnt ready as of today. So follow on is must

PS: I like you more when you are trolling :p::p::p:

Bhai tuney bhut PRECISE baat karli!!! :rolleyes:

Why we still need barak 1 when we have option for barak 2?
its barak 1 - close range engagement
and barak 8, which is still under-development, India has funded it and will induct it in 2015.... barak 8 would have a land based version too

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom