What's new

India to Build World's Tallest Building in Mumbai

The image that was posted was a render with no info provided, besides it being called the tallest building in south asia.
Check the image posted - that is infact a render.

Could you point to a taller building at the moment—not in construction ones? Bahria Icon Tower has already been inaugurated.

Well if you could see, its your countrymen who think so. I just meant that we can easily afford such things like China or any other GCC country. That said, we are doing good if not better on other fronts as well. :-)
please dont compare your skyline with Shanghai, Hong Kong, Beijing and Dubai. India couldn't make the buildings they have in the next 100 years. Infact not even dubai can compare with Shanghai and Beijings skyline

this is embarrassing stuff from you Tom, usually u are a bit sensible in your posts compared to other indians.

please dont compare your skyline with Shanghai, Hong Kong, Beijing and Dubai. India couldn't make the buildings they have in the next 100 years. Infact not even dubai can compare with Shanghai and Beijings skyline

this is embarrassing stuff from you Tom, usually u are a bit sensible in your posts compared to other indians.

india cannot even compare to Dhaka's skyline.

mohakhaliskyline53.jpg

Yes China does have quite a lot of completed skyscrapers. As per latest Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) 2016 report:
  • China built far more skyscrapers than any country in the world in 2016, built 84 of the total 128 skyscrapers completed last year, almost twice of rest-of-the-world combined. The 84 new skyscrapers is a new national record for China, as it shattered its own previous world record of 68 skyscrapers built in 2015. This is the 9th year in a row that China has led the world in skyscraper-building.
  • China also built the tallest two skyscrapers of 2016. In fact, China built 14 of the top 20 tallest buildings completed last year.
  • By end of 2016, out of all 1,171 skycrapers (200m+ completed) in the world, over 43% of which are in China. Hundreds more on the horizon. Nations after China are US, UAE, South Korea, Japan.
wqkjnqwl-png.370520
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/by-end-2016-over-43-of-worlds-skyscrapers-are-in-china.473218/

Last edited:

Yes, currently we don't have anything comparable. But does that mean it's impossible ?? If you think so, I would disagree since we have both the capacity and technical know how to achieve it, the only think is that building Skyscrapers or architectural marvels are not our priority.

Just for example what was Dubai 4 or 5 decades back ?? They just bought everything, they never had the capacity, capability or knowledge back then. At-least we have the knowledge to begin with. :)

Could you point to a taller building at the moment—not in construction ones? Bahria Icon Tower has already been inaugurated.
Go google Palais Royale. Situated in Mumbai, as it is stands taller than the building you posted about. I believe - only the building envelope completion and finishing remain- I may be wrong- either way it is taller than the one you posted about.

india cannot even compare to Dhaka's skyline.
Dude tell me you're kidding.

Go google Palais Royale. Situated in Mumbai, as it is stands taller than the building you posted about. I believe - only the building envelope completion and finishing remain- I may be wrong- either way it is taller than the one you posted about.

Ok. Pakistan has the 2nd highest building in South Asia. Happy?

Dude tell me you're kidding.

Considering Dhaka has a higher population density than Mumbai, and various amounts of picture proof in regards to the skyline, no!

Considering Dhaka has a higher population density than Mumbai, and various amounts of picture proof in regards to the skyline, no!
Mumbai and Dhaka are too far to compare. Mumbai is decades ahead. You should do the research.
Heres something more that Dhaka should inspire to be:
Gurgaon turning to be like Mumbai, good going India

View attachment 383482

View attachment 383483

View attachment 383484
Cc-Respective owner

View attachment 383487

View attachment 383488
Cc-Respective owner
Some random apartments in the NCR part Gurgaon.
Heres another thread if this topic interests you.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/india-developing-but-still-a-long-way-to-go.28463/page-735

Ok. Pakistan has the 2nd highest building in South Asia. Happy?
I was just pointing out the facts. No I'm not happy. I will be happy the day India and Pakistan start being compared to the rest of the world, and not just "South Asia" aka India and Pakistan.
Cheers

Mumbai and Dhaka are too far to compare. Mumbai is decades ahead. You should do the research.
Heres something more that Dhaka should inspire to be:

Some random apartments in the NCR part Gurgaon.
Heres another thread if this topic interests you.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/india-developing-but-still-a-long-way-to-go.28463/page-735

I was just pointing out the facts. No I'm not happy. I will be happy the day India and Pakistan start being compared to the rest of the world, and not just "South Asia" aka India and Pakistan.
Cheers

Good point.

Not in Mumbai please.

That city is about to drown under the load of its people.

What did they build Navi Mumbai for then?

india just does not have the matchable devolpement to rip tourism from the UAE, nor will they in 20 years.

UAE is a different tourism model called transit tourism. Tell me something; it has fancy man-made marvels. But what else does it have?

Comparing UAE and India is like comparing carrots with apples. Both have their importance and both have their tourism products that are totally different from each other.

UAE's model relies on:
- Shopping
- Architectural marvels
- Desert safaris
- Melting pot of different cuisines

India's model relies on:
- Festivities (some of the most exhilarating festivals in the world)
- Art (Exhibitions)
- History (numerous artifacts and iconic monuments)
- Music (Not just Hindi music but regional like Tamil, Telugu, Ahomi and many many other varieties.)
- Culture and Spiritual attainment
- Yoga
- Literature
- All types of landscapes on the planet
- Nature
- Food
- Health and well-being (Ayurveda, Siddhi etc).

They both can and will never compete each other directly as their value propositions are very different.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom