What's new

India to begin contract negotiations to acquire 56 Airbus C-295 Transports

That's civil aviation. The civil and military variants are very different in their design and configuration, especially the T-tail kind with back door ramps and all.

I don't really see where Antonov would fit as a market because the regional market is already dominated by the ATR and Q400. Airlines don't diversify their fleets if they see a different make as it raises their operating and maintenance costs per hour. Different maintenance logistics, different contracts, different leases, different lead times impacting operations bla bla bla..

They'll also market their transports as well. HAL MTA is a void Reliance-Antonov can fill, which were supposed to replace An-32s.

Both of our countries have gone crazy.Why are we spending billions on defence when we have millions of people living below poverty line.

Both of our countries have gone crazy.Why are we spending billions on defence when we have millions of people living below poverty line.

We spend only 1.72% of our GDP on defence. And it's about defence of 1.25 Billion humans. The 1.25 Billion do deserve this defence budget to protect themselves from invaders.

If this small amount is not spent by India, there would be no poor people left in the first place.

But I bat for India and Pakistan signing an agreement to fix a % of GDP of which both countries will spend.

For example , if India spends 1.72% , Pakistan too should reduce its defence spending to 1.72% of its GDP.

For example , if India spends 1.72% , Pakistan too should reduce its defence spending to 1.72% of its GDP.
Agreed,our focus should be toward uplifting the living standards of common men. My personal opinion is both countries should sign a no war pact for next 100 years and in the meanwhile our main focus should be on economy.It saddens me to see billions being spent on defence when most of our citizens don't have proper health facilities.

Agreed,our focus should be toward uplifting the living standards of common men. My personal opinion is both countries should sign a no war pact for next 100 years and in the meanwhile our main focus should be on economy.It saddens me to see billions being spent on defence when most of our citizens don't have proper health facilities.

The issue is more complex. While I commend your sentiment behind the post, the devil is in the details. For example, what if one party thinks a no war pact is a license to send unlimited number of "non state actors"? So it is not feasible. But I do wish something like this can be achieved, for the sake of our own people.

The issue is more complex. While I commend your sentiment behind the post, the devil is in the details. For example, what if one party thinks a no war pact is a license to send unlimited number of "non state actors"? So it is not feasible. But I do wish something like this can be achieved, for the sake of our own people.
huh again blame game start.Bro ,I'm in no mood to get into debate with you on this issue but i would say that both countries need to stop interfering in each others affairs.Period

Agrhave focus should be toward uplifting the living standards of common men. My personal opinion is both countries should sign a no war pact for next 100 years and in the meanwhile our main focus should be on economy.It saddens me to see billions being spent on defence when most of our citizens don't have proper health facilities.

If only Pakistan manages to get all of Kashmir it gave to China , atleast back to Pakistan and force China out of Aksai chin and then force China to sign a non aggression pact with us.

You see , unlike Pakistan which has only India to bother , we have Pakistan and China both to bother.

huh again blame game start.Bro ,I'm in no mood to get into debate with you on this issue but i would say that both countries need to stop interfering in each others affairs.Period

I was not blaming anyone neither did i mention any one country. Was just highlighting the complexities involved.

If only Pakistan manages to get all of Kashmir it gave to China , atleast back to Pakistan and force China out of Aksai chin and then force China to sign a non aggression pact with us.

You see , unlike Pakistan which has only India to bother , we have Pakistan and China both to bother.
I don't think any sane Chinese would want confrontation with India and mess up their economy.But still you can afford a huge military budget but we can't.We have limited resources and if i'm correct our last budget was 41 billion USD out of which 7 billion were for defence and not to mention pensions and other expenses like operation against terrorism going on.

Transport aircraft serves more purpose than just defense. These aircraft can also be used by NDRF etc.

I don't think any sane Chinese would want confrontation with India and mess up their economy.But still you can afford a huge military budget but we can't.We have limited resources and if i'm correct our last budget was 41 billion USD out of which 7 billion were for defence and not to mention pensions and other expenses like operation against terrorism going on.

Just like your experts say while dealing with India , "Capability is more important that intent, if their is a capability, intent can change anytime. ".

Similarly we cannot simply stop our military modernization taking China for granted without any binding agreement.

Back
Top Bottom