What's new

India, "The worst conniving initiator of the arms race".

M_Saint

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
MoD may sell aircraft carrier to India to limit cutsSale would leave Royal Navy with just one replacement
Buzz up!

Tim Webb The Observer, Sunday 15 November 2009 Article historyOne of Britain's new £2bn aircraft carriers could be sold off under cost-cutting plans being considered by the Ministry of Defence. India has lodged a firm expression of interest, the Observer has learned.

The sale of one of the two 65,000-tonne vessels would leave the Royal Navy with a single carrier and could force Britain to borrow from the French fleet, which itself has only one carrier and is reluctant to build more. Last summer the French president, Nicolas Sarkozy, proposed to Gordon Brown that the two navies co-ordinate maintenance and refitting so that one was at sea at all times.

According to senior defence sources, Whitehall officials are examining the feasibility of a sale as part of the strategic defence review that will start early next year and is expected to result in savage cuts.

The carrier programme has already been delayed by two years to push back spending commitments, which itself will end up costing the taxpayer more in the long run. BAE Systems began work in July on HMS Queen Elizabeth, which is due to come into service in 2016. Preparatory work on the Prince of Wales, due for launch in 2018, has also started. The two carriers will replace the ageing Invincible class and are three times the size.

There were fears that the government could scrap one altogether. But it is understood that the financial penalties would be prohibitive. About 10,000 jobs in Portsmouth, Barrow-in-Furness, Fife and Glasgow depend on the orders.

MoD may sell aircraft carrier to India | Politics | The Observer

Relevant links to more indian arm purchases..

India to increase troops along China border | Reuters

Indian BMD shield could be in service by 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
...... push nation on buying arms like there is no tomorrow while keeping half of their population shyting under open sky...

You know you should try it. Do to your body what your brain is doing right now, may be you will better about yourself.

We hate you; we will hate your guts for ever..
Sums up pretty neat! There YOU said it.

You basically have no idea, whatsoever, what you are talking about!
:blah:

If you google a bit, surely you'll find that India's defense budget is very normal. Though the percentage is same, India's size makes the amount comparatively bigger. Bigger budget means more purchasing.

The other factor is China. I don't want to go in details, but we had a war with them. They are far ahead of us, and it's perfectly natural to try to catch up. In fact, China is the real arms race initiator in the region. But again, they have their reasons. And if you don't build it up at the time you can, when will you?

PS : I cannot imagine more polite response than this one for such posts!

Facing west, when saffronist Ball Tharkre spits venom like terra, terra or dhoti-wearing/half-naked Ardvani in Parliament finds PAK behind the cause of the tumor on his arse to raise arms budget, masses generally don't think how artful they are to distract them on those premises. On the top of the deceitfulness of such magnitude those conn artists take advantageous routes to push nation on buying arms like there is no tomorrow while keeping half of their population shyting under open sky... so, I urge every sane human being to say to Ardvany and his like-minded chauvinist Malus.. We hate you; we will hate your guts for ever...

Interesting....looks like you are still living in past decade. Wake up boy...Ardvani(Advani)was in power a decade back...

India Ranks number 10 on defense expenditure while China sits at Number 2 position.
List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India has all the right to procure defense equipment as its India's money that India's are spending.

Advani is neither half naked nor he is in power pf last eight yrs ...u are being reported.

My mission is successfull since I cause heartburn on atleast one Indian tonight. Seeing PAK cities are going on flame by Indian explosives (India destabilising Pakistan | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online), I couldn't resist cursing that Mo fo Ardvani that had led breaking Babri Masjid and planted the sead of Muslim's massacre. Unless this forum is run by the RAW/Indians, I would ask mod to dispassionately judge the merit on whether it is right on calling Ardvani half-naked while wearing dhoti, please.
you may have given heart burn to 1 indian but to me you gave 5 mins of laughs. so your heart burn has been cancelled. barking dogs seldom bite.

Let me see what we got here,

Topic=India, "The worst conniving initiator of the arms race"

But why Indians always end up draging China into it ?:smitten:

:pakistan::china:

i hope india gets this, everyone makes a big deal if china makes a aircraft carrier or two if india gets this then maybe the chinese leadership will then not hold back when it comes to the navy and start mass producing those type 052s to replace the older crap they have and the aircraft carrier(s?) said to be in production will not be an issue as china can then say india has several including one really nice new one

M_Saint Brother if you wanna be on this forum then please don't get personal with other members regardless if you like him/her or no....... You can never kill hate with hate but, Only with love!!!!!!!!!

LOL you want us to sit duck when China is rising? be real.

funny comment thats also apply on u as well! when pakistan test any missile or go for any arm purchase u start cry like a baby hahhahahahhaha !:rofl:

M_Saint Brother if you wanna be on this forum then please don't get personal with other members regardless if you like him/her or no....... You can never kill hate with hate but, Only with love!!!!!!!!!
Thanks very much brother for your kind advice. I'm just a very simple human being that can't resist Indian treachery anymore. Ever since I've started to adopt universal moral, values and come across to get along with diverse community in cosmopolitan cities, neighborhood throughout the world;

Thanks very much brother for your kind advice. I'm just a very simple human being that can't resist Indian treachery anymore. Ever since I've started to adopt universal moral, values and come across to get along with diverse community in cosmopolitan cities, neighborhood throughout the world; I've only found chauvinist Indians in my opposite ideological sides. Now a days, in my neighborhood, Indians put "Red Tilak in their forehead" after getting out of the temples that offend me and I ask them what makes them so special than others that they have to be symbolized differently while they don't even look like as light as Pakistanis let alone Caucasian? Those idiots tell me that it carries their religious identity. Then I ask, how come more religious Muslims, Christians than you guys don't symbolize themselves? No answer. I guess intellectual vacuum is the biggest problem in the cast base society and by mongering fear a portion of people making India "The worst Arms depot" while cunningly blaming on PAK. My question is how would you fix them through love?

Thank you. Your post was too intellectual as I see.

@topic:
Just one thing, someone has used the word "worst". Here is the list of nations on the basis of military spending.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/spending.htm

Here is the list based on the percentage of GDP.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2034rank.html

One can understand where the worst case scenario is!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom