What's new

India test-fires ballistic missile interceptor

Can someone inform me about whether the range of swordfish radar with detection upto 1500km has been successfully completed by DRDO.

We should test it with a real AGNI before inducting :) Congrats :)

Yes!!. What we need is a full scale test involving Agni-I and Prithvi III which should be fired by Strategic Forces Command in surprise within the test window and if our BMD can intercept these missiles then one can conclude that missile shield is ready.

rip to pak BM.:enjoy:

No RIP to BM in near future. Measures and counter measured keeps improving, its a never ending game.

can anyone tell me what is this electronically stimulated missile for and what are its advantages???

It has no advantages as such. Ideally we would have liked to have a second incoming BM and an exo atmospheric interception along with the endo interception. However, the limitations of the missile range proclude this possibility. Therefore the second interception had to be electronically simulated.

It has no advantages as such. Ideally we would have liked to have a second incoming BM and an exo atmospheric interception along with the endo interception. However, the limitations of the missile range proclude this possibility. Therefore the second interception had to be electronically simulated.

But the first ABM test was an exo-atmospheric test . Read #6 .

"Celebrations broke out at Wheeler Island following the success of the mission, which was the eighth ballistic interceptor missile test. So far seven missions have been successful and one of them, the first one was conducted in exo-atmopshere at an altitude of 48 km in November 2006."

The rocket has a Burn time of 14 seconds.....

Patriot has a much longer burn time.

India's Adanced Air Defence Interceptor Test on Nov 23, 2012

Thermal Imaging Video of today's Advanced Interceptor Missile Test by DRDO

Bulls Eye !

:P

As you can see in this video, the incoming Prithvi TGT arrived travelling muh faster than the AAD-1.

According to the given sources, AAD-1 interecpted the missile at Mach 4.5, so this means that the Prithvi
target missile in question was travelling faster than 4.5 Mach. Obviously above Mach 5 which explains
the application of heat-resistance shields on recent Prithvis and Dhanush missiles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like Indian interceptor capability is more sophisticated than I (and many others) thought.

Good work.

buddy its a sophisticated missile defense shield in its class.it was the tremendous achievement for DRDO,and it had taken so many years for DRDO to build a reliable system.

Back
Top Bottom