What's new

INDIA SUCCESSFULLY TESTS SOLID FUEL DUCTED RAMJET TECH TO MAKE METEOR LIKE MISSILES

rEd cHiLLi

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
BREAKING: DRDO has successfully carried out flight demonstration based on Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) technology from Integrated Test Range Chandipur off the coast of Odisha at around 10:30 hrs. All the subsystems including the ground booster motor and nozzle-less motor performed as per the expectation. The separation of ground booster was also perfect. During the test many new technologies were proven including Solid Fuel based Ducted Ramjet technology.
Successful demonstration of Solid Fuel based Ducted Ramjet technology has provided DRDO with a technology advantage that will enable DRDO to develop long-range air to air missiles. As on date, such technology is available only in a handful of countries in the world. During the test, air-launch scenario was simulated by the ground booster, subsequently, the nozzle-less booster accelerated it to the required Mach number for Ramjet operation. The performance of the missile was monitored using the data captured by Electro-Optical, Radar and Telemetry instruments deployed by ITR and confirmed successful demonstration of the mission objectives. The launch was monitored by senior scientists of various DRDO labs including DRDL, RCI, Hyderabad and HEMRL, Pune.
1614943670682.png

DRDO successfully tests SFDR technology for missiles

The air-to-air missiles, which use SFDR technology, can achieve longer ranges as they do not require oxidisers, among other reasons, a senior DRDO scientist said.

The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) on Friday successfully conducted another test of the Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) technology, which is crucial for the indigenous development of long range air-to-air missiles.

“DRDO successfully conducted flight test of Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) Technology today at around 1030 hrs from Integrated Test Range (ITR) Chandipur. All the subsystems including the ground booster motor performed as per expectation,” the official Twitter handle of DRDO posted.

A senior DRDO scientist said that as part of the test, the missile was guided to a certain altitude to create the simulation of the release from an aircraft. After achieving the desired altitude, the nozzle-less booster was fired.

The missile, using the SFDR technology, accelerated to reach multiples of the speed of sound, also known as Mach. To monitor the test parameters, various telemetry and radar stations were deployed.

Air-to-air missiles which use SFDR technology can achieve longer ranges as they do not require oxidisers, among other reasons, the scientist said.

Pune-based DRDO facility, High Energy Material Research Laboratory (HEMRL), developed the nozzle-less booster while two facilities in Hyderabad – the Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL) and Research Centre Imarat (RCI) — were also part of the project.

Indian Ramjet in meteore class soon one day

Say 2025 about the time india shoiuld have inducted at lesast 20 mark1a Tejas aongside 40 mark1 versions ie 3 squadrons

merge
how significant is this? @Signalian

merge
how significant is this? @Signalian

Nothing to worry.

The deadly combo of 200+ km range of the PL-15 with AESA Radar of the JF-17 Block-III are capable to neutralize and handle these threats.

This will be the most deadly combo in the market soon...
we will be selling the Tejas with its indigenous missile suite as well. Tejas + Astra MK2 or MK3 will be awesome.

I don't think that is a bigger issue and will be solved sooner. My question is that will it be land based only? I hope so. As i was imagining a short booster for Pl-12 to increase its range up to +10-20 km. As it will be a surprise for an enemy who is feeling comfortable to evade at that distance, and then wonders that why missile still has so much energy left? :D @Windjammer

Come on dude, his fake chats were exposed when he typed the wrong time in one of his messages, when we pointed out he deleted it and using marker edited the time and posted it again. He was trying to look cool but it backfired.
I don't think that is a bigger issue and will be solved sooner. My question is that will it be land based only? I hope so. As i was imagining a short booster for Pl-12 to increase its range up to +10-20 km. As it will be a surprise for an enemy who is feeling comfortable to evade at that distance, and then wonders that why missile still has so much energy left? :D @Windjammer
There goes Indian propaganda down the drain.

:dance3:
1618121870862.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom