What's new

India successfully test fires Astra missile third time in a week

indeed Indian progress in self reliance is great...
i wish if Pakistanis also responded to russians rather than Americans....
well congratulations.....
wish to chk out further details and its appearence....:)

Aim-120 is very very reasonably priced for it's capabilities, unlike MICA or Derby. And for the price of a Meteor, one can buy a Mig-21Bis in black market. :D

but we cant get any frontline defence weapons from US as they are not reliable. so either its cheap or good but we dont want that.

but we cant get any frontline defence weapons from US as they are not reliable. so either its cheap or good but we dont want that.

Why is that? much of our frontline defense weapons are of US origin, be it Apache's with Hellfire missile, P-8i's with Harpoon Anti-ship missile, Javelin ATGMs, Howitzers, Center fused weapon CBU-97.

Then what's wrong in going for a reliable, cheaper BVR A-A missile?

Why is that? much of our frontline defense weapons are of US origin, be it Apache's with Hellfire missile, P-8i's with Harpoon Anti-ship missile, Javelin ATGMs, Howitzers, Center fused weapon CBU-97.

i really hate all the deals whatever you mentioned. but what happened is happened. and i dont want to see anymore weapons from US for our defence forces(because the bitter we tasted in the end of last century cant be forgetted for another few decades.

No wonder they tried it 3 times in a week, They still cant believe it works.

Sweet surprise on Christmas week, isn't that cute? :D

i really hate all the deals whatever you mentioned. but what happened is happened. and i dont want to see anymore weapons from US for our defence forces(because the bitter we tasted in the end of last century cant be forgetted for another few decades.

Believe it or not, Amreekan weapon is the future. For the price, Russian weapon simply doesn't make it to the level. Much of the R-77 has had malfunctions, and about 60% of the guided artillery we bought from Russia failed to detonate on impact.

Response in same tone : Seriously, what's the criteria for becoming a think Tank :lol:

Ontopic : the missile was tested in different environment in each test.. I would say it aced in all of them till now.. which is a good thing !!

There isn't anything wrong with buying a reliable missile, but making stuff at home increases number of jobs created, the missile's price is going to go down, when we mass produce it. Secondly, if we get new toys, god knows when we will stop buying that missile from USA because of our corrupted Generals that don't work with what we have, but what with we don't have. Thirdly,any country should export more, then import and if we keep importing and we don't start becoming self-reliant we will pile up external debt which is bad for the economy and will slow growth down tremendously. If we make technology at home we could not only export it, but we can continue to lead in science and technology and we can buy ton of missiles and only be left with internal debt. Internal debt isn't bad because it is going to stay in India and circulate through out our country.

It is designated the CBU-105 sir.

buddy we can't get all the ready made things instantly from uncle ching chang chung market.we need to make our own things..

Back
Top Bottom