What's new

India story is about manufacturing

We are taking about manufacturing industry as a whole. It is none of my concern where your Chinese friend works.

You want me to name few India brands. I am giving you a glimpse. These India brands complete with every international brand in their respective fields. Please note, I have not mentioned the big fish of Indian manufacturing. Please free to use google.

Here you go –

Bajaj –
  • Note, I am only taking about Bajaj Auto not the whole Bajaj group. Data is for 2010-11. Net sales 16,609 crore INR (3.15 billion US $).
  • Sold a record 3.82 million units – consisting of 3,387,043 motorcycles and 436,884 three-wheelers.
  • Exports were at an all-time high – and comfortably crossedthe 1 million mark, and rose by 35% to 1,203,718 units.

Hero MotoCorp (Data for 2010-2011)
  • World’s largest manufacturer of two- wheelers, based in India.
  • Total income – 19,670 crore INR (3.73 billion US $)
  • Sales - 5,402,444 units

Amul – A big contributor in making India world's largest milk and milk products producer, have a market turnover of 10,000 crore INR (1.89 billion US $)

Mahindra - Sales of 29, 358 crore INR (5.56 billion US $), the Group recently bought two Australian aerospace firms, Aerostaff Australia and Gippsland Aeronautics)

Airtel - India's largest telecom operator with more than 110 million users and an approximate annual turnover of Rs 55, 998 crore INR (10.62 billion US $).

Dabur - FMCG, turnover of 4000 crore INR (75 millin US $) and market capitalisation over Rs 10, 000 crore INR (1.89 billion US $)

you say that India is innovative though. How is milk innovative. How is Airtel innovative for buying Huawei equipment and running it according to the instruction book.

what new inventions or discoveries came out of India in the past 20 years? you can say that India doesn't have the infrastructure to make big scientific discoveries, but if that's the case, where's the low tech innovation like clothing brands and branded beverages? All I see on Indian streets are signs selling Coke, never an Indian beverage.

"India story is about manufacturing."

Lol, Thanks for the laugh. India's story is really about a telecommunication industry boom and call centers employing many thick accented youths.

you say that India is innovative though. How is milk innovative. How is Airtel innovative for buying Huawei equipment and running it according to the instruction book.

what new inventions or discoveries came out of India in the past 20 years? you can say that India doesn't have the infrastructure to make big scientific discoveries, but if that's the case, where's the low tech innovation like clothing brands and branded beverages? All I see on Indian streets are signs selling Coke, never an Indian beverage.

Google For Bovonto Its an Indian beverage preety much famous in south India and Mildly corbonated then widely selling Beverages...Not Like Your Poisonous Milk... :P

I would like to give you one suggestion, please go through who is replying to whom and in what context before posting. I believe that might help.One of your Chinese friend (Read post #61) want me to name few Indian brands. So I was just replying to him.

If you want to know about the innovations done in India please use google for it. I am not here to spoon feed you.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Lol, Thanks for the laugh. India's story is really about a telecommunication industry boom and call centers employing many thick accented youths.

That shows your analytical bankruptcy.

Micromax is a telecommunications company based in Gurgaon, Haryana, India. It is a manufacturer of wireless telephone.

Earlier this month, the company became the 12th largest handset manufacturer in the world, with one per cent share globally. Micromax, according to a Strategy Analytics report, is now larger than global Japanese handset makers like Sharp and NEC. It has even moved ahead of Lenovo and is closing the gap with Sony Ericsson globally. Strategy Analytics tracks the world’s 30 largest handset vendors on a quarterly basis.

haters just hate :tdown:

I would like to give you one suggestion, please go through who is replying to whom and in what context before posting. I believe that might help.One of your Chinese friend (Read post #61) want me to name few Indian brands. So I was just replying to him.

If you want to know about the innovations done in India please use google for it. I am not here to spoon feed you.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

That shows your analytical bankruptcy.

no better word to describe a person filled with hate - "analytical bankruptcy"

Some facts about textile industry of India

• Contributes about 14 percent to industrial production
  • 4 percent to the GDP
  • 17 percent to the country's export earnings
  • Provides direct employment to over 35 million people
  • At current prices the Indian textiles industry is pegged at US$ 55 billion, 64% of which services domestic demand.
  • During 2009-10, the exports of T&C (Textiles & Clothing) reached the level of US$ 22.42 billion.
  • Exports of T&C have denoted an increase of 60.14% in the last five years (2004-05 to 2009-10).
  • The Government fixed the target for 2010-11 at US$ 25.48 billion.
  • India's textiles products, including handlooms and handicrafts, are exported to more than a hundred countries. However, the USA and the EU, account for about two-third of India's textiles exports.

Source

Back
Top Bottom