What's new

India starts working on its own Seaplane

bloody hell so they scraped it to the very end. early 2017 or q1 2017. i heard the latter but they can still claim to lay the keel in early 2017.:p:
Delay is only about a month.
Such delays are natural in Pakistan and India.

Go through the list (just off the top of my head, there are many more):

-CH-47F (signed, deliveries in the next 2 years)
-AH-64E (signed, deliveries in the next 2 years)
-RSH (Ka-226 deal closed, deliveries commencing in 2019)
-ULH (M777 signed, deliveries commencing May-Jun 2017)
-MMRCA (Rafale deal signed)
-SPG (Samsung- L&T K9 deal closed, induction commences from 2019)
-LCA (120 Mk.1+ Mk.1A on order)
-Army MR-SAM (BARAK-8 cleared for Indian Army)
- P-17A (deal signed, delivieries commencing in 2022)

The outliers are:

S-70B (still little movement)
AAR (deal scrapepd again, new tender will be launched to the A330 MRTT can compete against the Boeing KC-46)

On top of this the GoI/MoD has done other good work:
-BTT (HTT-40 greenlit, design to first flight in 20 months, expected to enter service in 2018/19)
-LCA (second production line sanctioned)
-Kaveri (project restarted, will be fitted to LCA in 2019/20)
- AMCA (project offically sanctioned)
- UCAV (project offically sanctioned)
- LCH (LRIP orders placed)

This GoI is only just clearing the backlog they inherited, they haven't even launched their own procurement plans.

they do near enough the same thing india does...... they have tenders and trails and picks whats best.
from what i read last year (from their modp) all of pakistans new purchases would require a 35% tot and local production from imports does not count.
Like I said, it is foolish to compare Pakistan and India's systems in this regard. There is no accountability in the Pakistani system, one can only imagine what kind of graft is going on in their deals. India is in a different league when compared to Pakistan.

its an idea, other wise india is left with the seakings you either need budge on make in india or wait for some bad to happen to force goi to buy them of the shelf. or even force the navy to buy versions of the dhruv and convert them, which they said is unsuitable.
What? Sorry mate but you're not making sense. The Sea Kings are 10 ton machines, they aren't going to replaced by Ka-226, the IN isn't even involved in the Ka-226 buy. Airbus will likely bag both the N-LUH and NMRH deals and will make the Panther and H225M in India, make in India isn't a constraint.

There are 3 different helo procurements going on; N-LUH (between Bell 429 and Airbus Panther), NMRH 10 ton (S-70B won), NMRH 12 ton (between H225M, which has already been selected by the Indian Coast Guard and CH-148) on top of this the IN is inducting >30 ALH for shore based SAR.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom