What's new

HAL issues RFI for Engines topower RTA regional aircraft

TATA owns one third stake in Piaggio Aero. Well this can be an opportunity for the TATA's to establish themselves more here, besides Mahindra Aerospace wont be a bad choice either.

Actually as of 2013, TATA is the largest shareholder in Piaggio Aero with 44.50% stake.

The article is about acquisition of Aero Engines but neither TATA nor M&M makes Aero Engines.
Period.

Is this RFI given to Indian pvt companies?

Otherwise its of no use. Same old importing of critical parts.

Expect Pratt & Whitney to get it I guess

Actually as of 2013, TATA is the largest shareholder in Piaggio Aero with 44.50% stake.

The article is about acquisition of Aero Engines but neither TATA nor M&M makes Aero Engines.
Period.

I didn't know this (about TATA and Piaggio)

In order for India to produce such aircrafts and engines, India must start investing in its manufacturing structures and R&D. To achieve it, it is not an overnight task. It takes years and years of small steps.

Let's say, an India aero sector, be it government or private has come up with a workable engine design, does India has the knowhow to ,say, make a ballbearing for that engine that can withstand high revs, high heat that does not dry up or seize up, or leak. To make such a ball bearing, you need precision tools, manufacturing process and machinists. Let's say you have all those, do you have the metallurgical knowhow to produce such metal for the ball bearing and lubricants for that ball bearing.

This just one simple component. So even though India can make that engine, it still needs to source all these basic components from foreign countries if India cannot make these components in house.

I don't mean to say India must make every single parts itself.

India must be willing to spend money, time, training to achieve such goals. It is a long term process.

All the Best

Dude...we've been around for some time and, though not 'mature' have capabilities of aircraft manufacture and design at an advanced level.

SARAS

Apart from LCA, helos like ALH have been extremely successful. Production lines are choked for decades for this on:

NCAD-RTA-India-JPG%25255B3%25255D.jpg

Back
Top Bottom