What's new

India starts exporting petroleum products to Myanmar

LOGICAL BOSSS

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
http://www.livemint.com/Industry/Ur...-exporting-petroleum-products-to-Myanmar.html
India’s Numaligarh Refinery exported the first consignment of 30 tonnes of high speed diesel to Myanmar by land route
Gireesh Chandra Prasad
dharmendrapradhan-k5HD--621x414@LiveMint.JPG

Oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan had visited Myanmar in February this year to explore collaboration in the oil and gas sector. File photo: Mint
New Delhi: India on Monday started exporting petroleum products to Myanmar by road, discovering a new market for its fast- growing oil refining sector at a time when renewable energy and electric mobility are laying claim to a higher share of the domestic energy market.

“The first consignment of 30 tonnes of high speed diesel was sent today from India to Myanmar by land route,” said an oil ministry statement, adding that Numaligarh Refinery Ltd. exported the fuel.

Numaligarh Refinery despatched the first diesel consignment across the Moreh Custom Check Point on the Indian side and Tamu Custom Check Point on the Myanmar side, added the statement. The Indian state-owned refinery is already supplying diesel to Bangladesh.

Numaligarh Refinery, situated 420 km from the India-Myanmar border, has tied up with Myanmar’s Parami Energy Group of Companies for the supply of diesel. Myanmar has opened up a new market for India’s export of petroleum products, which at $12 billion in 2016-17, had grown 12.61% from a year ago.

India’s refining capacity of 230 million tonne is also expanding at about 7%. The country is now preparing to build a 60 million tonne a year refinery-cum petrochemical complex in Maharashtra, which is expected to be completed by 2022. Such refinery capacity expansion when growing renewable energy generation is eating into consumption of diesel for power generation, necessitates refiners to find new markets.

Supply of diesel to Myanmar is part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s goal of having better hydrocarbon synergy with neighbouring countries as well as promoting India’s ‘Act East Policy,’ said the oil ministry statement.

Oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan had visited Myanmar in February this year to explore collaboration in the oil and gas sector including setting up of liquified natural gas terminals, retail marketing, refurbishment of refineries and participation in exploration of hydrocarbons.

Great news. We have a very good ties with Myanmar and there should be more business between us.

only temporary. after myanmar joining cpec and obor. all trade will be done with china only.

unlike... how india is vassal state of usa.

Really ? Hmm let see...

Q: In which of these countries did US operate an airbase where even the president of that country was not allowed ?

Clue: It's the same country from where Gary Powers took off for his unsuccessful mission.

a)India
b)Pakistan

So what's your answer ?

Really ? Hmm let see...

Q: In which of these countries did US operate an airbase where even the president of that country was not allowed ?

Clue: It's the same country from where Gary Powers took off for his unsuccessful mission.

a)India
b)Pakistan

So what's your answer ?
old news. now pakistan has put senctions on usa. pakistan don't even let american defence secetary to come in paksitan. days are change. now that base too will be gone. and pakistan will shut down american consulet. and pakistan will stop all americans going in afghanistan. soon orange trump will see pakistani power.

old news. now pakistan has put senctions on usa. pakistan don't even let american defence secetary to come in paksitan. days are change. now that base too will be gone. and pakistan will shut down american consulet. and pakistan will stop all americans going in afghanistan. soon orange trump will see pakistani power.

Stop smoking that Afghan weed you're smoking...:lol:

If lord strikes me down now with a fierce lighting, I will not have any remorse, as I have seen everything under his heavenly abode.

Stop smoking that Afghan weed you're smoking...:lol:
i know hard truth is hard and it hurts but i must speak it.

If lord strikes me down now with a fierce lighting strike, I will not have any remorse, as I have seen everything on his heavenly creating.
pakistani geo location is so powerful and pakistan being no 1 islamic nuclear power. america must not mess with pakistan.

also china said yesterday. pakistan too will 1 day become part of brics. and after cpec one day become g20. so just wait and watch. pakistan is future superpower of asia.

Yeah truth is hard...Pakistan would be soon begging IMF for a bailout.

Aukaat mein rah. :lol:
you forget china will give pakistan mony for imf loans. so no need to wory. also pakistani gdp is also strong with 5.8 level. and cpec too will be done soon.

Back
Top Bottom