What's new

India Showing Maturity On 'Tantrum-Throwing' China On Doklam: US Expert

Praising India's conduct over the Doklam standoff with China, James R Holmes, professor of strategy at the US Naval War College, said New Delhi has done things right thus far

All India | Press Trust of India | Updated: August 12, 2017 15:03 IST

India and China have been locked in a faceoff in Doklam

WASHINGTON:
HIGHLIGHTS
  1. India and China have been locked in a faceoff in Doklam
  2. If dispute escalates, US may openly support New Delhi, the expert said
  3. China looks like an adolescent throwing a tantrum, the expert said

India is "behaving like a mature power" in tackling the Doklam standoff in the Sikkim sector and making China look like an adolescent throwing a "temper tantrum", a top American defence expert has said. India and China have been locked in a faceoff in Doklam for the last 50 days after Indian troops stopped the Chinese People's Liberation Army from building a road in the area.

Praising India's conduct over the matter, James R Holmes, professor of strategy at the US Naval War College, said, "New Delhi has done things right thus far, neither backing away from the dispute nor replying in kind to Beijing's over-the-top rhetoric."

"It is behaving as the mature power and making China look like the adolescent throwing a temper tantrum," Mr Holmes said.

Mr Holmes said it was "weird" that China wanted to keep alive a boundary dispute with its most formidable neighbour. "If China wants to pursue an assertive maritime strategy, it needs secure borders on land so it doesn't have to worry about overland aggression from its neighbours," Mr Holmes said.

"In other words, confronting India in the Himalayas is not a purely rational course of action driven by rational cost/benefit analysis," said the professor.

On why the US has remained silent so far on this issue, he said the current administration has too much on its plate.

"It's also possible Prime Minister (Narendra) Modi and his advisers don't want the United States involved in a Himalayan dispute it has little way of influencing. If the dispute escalates, chances are Washington will come out in support of New Delhi," Mr Holmes said.

Of course, china trying to show it is upset.

and when war starts, nobody can blame china.

china be like'see i told u so'

I envy chinese when comes to their hair, they turns white slowely.
brother everytime u buy something expensive from them
the girls offer free sex bc pata nahi kitni duddi ho. i just run away so crux of matter is that they age slowly.

i think thw warm water they have, has something to do with it. they never have cold water even whiskey in warm water.

Ok here is chinese attitude
i will hit you
i will surely hit you
i am telling you that i will hit you
i am again telling you that i will hit you.
see i am capable of hitting you i will hit you
i am coming there to hit you.
be scared see i am coming to hit you.

Is it just me or this just does not much sound like threat but more on the comic department.

i will hit you
i will surely hit you

Is it just me or this just does not much sound like threat but more on the comic department.

Could be a deception as well, could be meaning to make you complacent and thus oblivious to the actual danger, so that you put your guards down and then they catch you with your pants down when they do mean to attack for real!!The Syrians used a similar strategy against Israelis during the Yom Kippur war and in the beginning, it did work!!

brother everytime u buy something expensive from them
the girls offer free sex bc pata nahi kitni duddi ho. i just run away so crux of matter is that they age slowly.

i think thw warm water they have, has something to do with it. they never have cold water even whiskey in warm water.

Nah, it's genetics man.

i will hit you
i will surely hit you

We pretended to hit you and then we pretended not to hit you then when you Indians lowered their guard...oops received a slaps...then cried to US and Soviet daddy for been got slapped...that's authentic Indian attitude :lol:

We pretended to hit you and then we pretended not to hit you then when you Indians lowered their guard...oops received a slaps...then cried to US and Soviet daddy for been got slapped...that's authentic Indian attitude :lol:

There is no lowering guards. This is not 1962. Either sides movements are being carefully monitored and analyzed. If China starts war, they'll make permanent enemy out of india.

For USA India china war will sound like sweet music, all thanks to chinese arrogence west will come as more mature ppl than east.
Communist party of china will suffer terribly when young hans will die 1000s of kms from thr mainlands for the land they hav no value.

Back
Top Bottom