What's new

India should sever ties with Israel: Brinda

Blimey...a four year old thread is pulled out from the attic. Things have changed quite q lot for Brinda Karat since then. Ask her now.. I'm sure the opinion would be quite opposite this time around.

Yeah mistake on my part, didn't check the dates :hitwall:

Blimey...a four year old thread is pulled out from the attic. Things have changed quite q lot for Brinda Karat since then. Ask her now.. I'm sure the opinion would be quite opposite this time around.

I'm sure that the opinions haven't changed...These people take a lot of time to accept facts

Example:

Computers were opposed by them, saying it would make people lose their jobs, changed their opinion years later :P

India will not sever ties with Israel because it is now in America's camp and deems that maintaining such ties will help India eliminate Pakistan.

Pakistan is Eliminated in any way , India doesn't need it to eliminate pak. :lol:

Terming Israel's attacks on Gaza strip as the "blackest face of state terror", the CPI(M)on Tuesday asked the UPA government to severe its ties with Tel Aviv.
I note that despite deaths in its civil war at the 5,000/week level the Assad regime still has embassies in both India and Pakistan, even though the Arab League has voted to give the Syria seat to the opposition instead.

India should sever ties with Israel: Brinda

New Delhi (PTI): Terming Israel's attacks on Gaza strip as the "blackest face of state terror", the CPI(M)on Tuesday asked the UPA government to severe its ties with Tel Aviv.

Leading a protest march against the attacks here, CPI (M) Polit Bureau member Brinda Karat said, "maintaining relations with a government that believes in state terror is against Indian interests in the international arena."

She criticised the failure of the government to condemn the attacks.

"Its very shameful that the word 'condemn' has not been used by the government while referring to Israel's attacks on Palestine," she said.

"Our independent foreign policy is under threat and West Asia wants India to condemn these attacks," she added.

Calling the attacks as a ploy to snatch the right of Palestinians to their nation, she said,"the US and Israel do not recognise the Hamas government in Palestine which has been elected by the people there."

Brinda accused Israel of blocking the supplies of Palestinians' daily needs and targeting innocent people in the name of Hamas.

Karat also attacked the UN and said,"the UN looks like an institution of the US which works on its directions. If it has to maintain its credibility, than it has to immediately intervene and compel Israel to stop these gruesome attacks."

The Hindu News Update Service

First let Brinda Karat find herself another profession, CPM is well on the path to getting closed down as they dont have eitehr Bengal/Kerala.

so she should focus more on that.

Havent heard much from brinda or her husband for a long time?????.... so the best to discuss CPIM and their leaders is dig out the statements made during UPA1..... after that they are almost non existent in national scenario......

But will change in 2014 for sure.... thanks to mamta....

Back
Top Bottom