What's new

India should have annexed Bangladesh: Assam BJP MLA

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

TNN | Updated: Mar 20, 2018, 12:51 IST

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/guw...ladesh-assam-bjp-mla/articleshow/63378443.cms

GUWAHATI: BJP legislator from Hojai Shiladitya Dev on Monday courted controversy yet again, calling the creation of Bangladesh a "great mistake" because of which Assam has been facing "Muslim influx" for decades and suggesting that India should have annexed the country after the liberation war. "Even as the erstwhile East Pakistan was liberated, a mistake committed by (then Prime Minister) Indira Gandhi and the then Congress government was not merging the newly-created Bangladesh with India. In fact, creation of Bangladesh was itself a great mistake. But that mistake could have been offset had Bangladesh been made a part of India," Dev told a local news channel in Nagaon on Monday. When contacted by ToI, Dev stood by his statements. Attributing the "change" in the state's demographic profile to the "migration" of Muslims from the neighbouring country, Dev said such a situation would not have arisen had Bangladesh never been created.

TNN | Updated: Mar 20, 2018, 12:51 IST

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/guw...ladesh-assam-bjp-mla/articleshow/63378443.cms

GUWAHATI: BJP legislator from Hojai Shiladitya Dev on Monday courted controversy yet again, calling the creation of Bangladesh a "great mistake" because of which Assam has been facing "Muslim influx" for decades and suggesting that India should have annexed the country after the liberation war. "Even as the erstwhile East Pakistan was liberated, a mistake committed by (then Prime Minister) Indira Gandhi and the then Congress government was not merging the newly-created Bangladesh with India. In fact, creation of Bangladesh was itself a great mistake. But that mistake could have been offset had Bangladesh been made a part of India," Dev told a local news channel in Nagaon on Monday. When contacted by ToI, Dev stood by his statements. Attributing the "change" in the state's demographic profile to the "migration" of Muslims from the neighbouring country, Dev said such a situation would not have arisen had Bangladesh never been created.
If India had annexed BD in 71 Assam would have had a greater Muslim population now....he would still be bickering.

India going retard day by day...
It is the only country in the world that seems to work really hard to alienate its neighbors and make enemies out of potential friends.

Having spent quite a few years in Hojai, know where he is coming from. We expected him to be a bit more vocal on the issue but for the moment this will do. Any one witnessing first-hand the massive change in the demography within the span of a decade will be of the same opinion. He better not retract his statement for he will then be answerable to the electorate.

If India had annexed BD in 71 Assam would have had a greater Muslim population now....he would still be bickering.

It is the only country in the world that seems to work really hard to alienate its neighbors and make enemies out of potential friends.
No, we would have kicked your lot out into the Bangoposagor like you drove out the Bengali Buddhists and Hindus.

It doesnt really matter. Bangladesh is a friendly nation. May be we can exist with Bangladesh with open borders like how it is with Bhutan and Nepal.

Having spent quite a few years in Hojai, know where he is coming from. We expected him to be a bit more vocal on the issue but for the moment this will do. Any one witnessing first-hand the massive change in the demography within the span of a decade will be of the same opinion. He better not retract his statement for he will then be answerable to the electorate.

No, we would have kicked your lot out into the Bangoposagor like you drove out the Bengali Buddhists and Hindus.
I never kicked any buddhists or hindus in the BoB....but trying to kick millions of people into the ocean would take a lot of strength...maybe too much to ask from a nation that's too lazy/incompetent to build latrines.Even if you could do it why aren't you doing it now? I don't see you doing anything about the "Muslim Influx" in Assam other than just bickering. I would love for you to start a civil war of sorts inside India between the Hindus and the Muslims and turn yourselves into another Pakistan...or aim even higher...Afghanistan...good luck.

I never kicked any buddhists or hindus in the BoB....but trying to kick millions of people into the ocean would take a lot of strength...maybe too much to ask from a nation that's too lazy/incompetent to build latrines.Even if you could do it why aren't you doing it now? I don't see you doing anything about the "Muslim Influx" in Assam other than just bickering. I would love for you to start a civil war of sorts inside India between the Hindus and the Muslims and turn yourselves into another Pakistan...or aim even higher...Afghanistan...good luck.
This Post.....I wish I had the power to give positive ratings.

Figure of speech about the BoB thing, buddy. Unlike the Bangladeshi Muslims, we could never hurt our Bengali speaking brethren. What we are however doing is to identify those who have illegally crossed into our territory, confine them and deport them back to their rightful place. NRC is being updated on a war footing, so you see there is no time for bickering. Changes to that effect will be visible in about 2 months from now.

Back
Top Bottom