What's new

India set to join elite UAV club

Sure primitive Su 30 MKI components being exported to Russia, Vietnam, Algeria, etc.

Primitive IT companies kicking your domestic industry's ***.

Primitive stone age tech churning out Destroyers, Frigates, Corvettes, Larger and better armed than Chinese ones.

Primitive rocket tech putting probe into moon and discovering water a year before NASA, planning MARS mission.

Primitive largest remote sensing network in the world.

Primitive being in top 6 of any major technology and research.

Primitive companies making larger profits than forbes 500 companies.

Change your mindset my red friend. It's no wonder your Li - man came here to dicuss power sharing agreement with primitive India.

BTW WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR WS 10 PROGRAM? J20 RADAR AND ENGINE? :what:

Su-30MKI are made with foreign components. India still cannot make its own components to a world class level.

Your IT industry is just outsourced American industry, nothing Indian in it.

All your destroyers, frigates and corvettes are foreign imports built with foreign components. Even your 'indigenous' ships are built with imported foreign components. They are smaller than Chinese ships and definitely less advanced.

Probe into moon was also done with Russian technology and help. It was only a primitive hard landing. I'm highly skeptical you discovered water when US and USSR has sent dozens of probes to the moon. I think this is more Indian boasting than actual water finding. Mission to mars? Yea sure, with Russian help you can. Do it by yourself? Not a chance in hell.

Largest remote sensing network? :lol: anyone can put as many primitive satellites and call it largest this and that. Means jack all for actual capability.

Top 6 in technology and research? :rofl: not even you believe that. Lets try to be serious here for a second shall we.

Indian companies have very small presence in Forbes 500.

Your IT industry is just outsourced American industry, nothing Indian in it

All your destroyers, frigates and corvettes are foreign imports built with foreign components. Even your 'indigenous' ships are built with imported foreign components. They are smaller than Chinese ships and definitely less advanced.

Probe into moon was also done with Russian technology and help. It was only a primitive hard landing. I'm highly skeptical you discovered water when US and USSR has sent dozens of probes to the moon. I think this is more Indian boasting than actual water finding. Mission to mars? Yea sure, with Russian help you can. Do it by yourself? Not a chance in hell.

Largest remote sensing network? :lol: anyone can put as many primitive satellites and call it largest this and that. Means jack all for actual capability.

congratulations-idiot.gif

Su-30MKI are made with foreign components. India still cannot make its own components to a world class level.

Top 6 in technology and research? :rofl: not even you believe that. Lets try to be serious here for a second shall we.

Then the hell russia imports equipment for su 30mki from india.

U gooks can crib all you want, world now respects india and you weak *** Li came to discuss power sharing agreement here. Happy?

you've to troll harder before you earn your daily wages,I understand.. :cry:

On topic..DRDO built several MAVs which are going to inducted into forces.I think we should work on HALE UAV..some says Rustam-2(H) itself will be HALE UAV.IN is acquiring HALE UAV(most probably MQ-4C).IAF should think about RQ-4 Global Hawk(Airforce version of MQ-4C) or something in the EuroHawk's line or capable Male UAV like IAI Eitan(successor of Heron UAV) before we make our own.

Aaah yes. Says the country with the following :

J-10 - Russian engine
Su-30 MKK - Russian
J-11 - Based on Russian plane with an engine whose development history is older than I am
Su-27 - Russian

The above are your front-line fighters right?

Aah yes, you can talk about the moon mission. After all you are one of the countries which sent something to the moon. Oh sorry you did not :P

As for the navy....you had a whole aircraft carrier hull, damn! And still you don;t have a carrier. It was really funny seeing photoshoped planes landing on photoshoped carriers :D

Indian share in the global outsourcing market is 55%. Aah yes, now you will say everything is American.

This is what happens when you talk from you A S S. You get owned :closed:

Can you tell me about the most advanced UAV built by india?

Simple answer is none:rofl:

@Topic

How will this prove that they will soon join ''elite UAV club''??

“We have been developing unmanned aerial aircraft and helicopters for which we have signed pacts with several institutes like Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur, to do research in rotary motor for helicopters and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for payload, besides sensors”, P. Soundara Rajan, managing director (helicopter complex), HAL, said after signing a memorandum of understanding with IIT Madras to set up a centre for aerospace transmission system.

Elaborating on HAL’s projects, Soundara Rajan said the public sector undertaking (PSU) with Russians had embarked on a mission to produce 10-12 tonne category helicopters for VIPs like the President, Prime Minister and top government officials as these helicopters need to fly at an altitude of 23,000 feet at areas like Leh and Ladak

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/253575-india-set-join-elite-uav-club.html#ixzz2U3eUuEla

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I will wait to see it happen before I celebrate. We do have a habit of boasting and talking big, it would be better if we implement first and than talk. I talk all claims untested with a pinch of salt.

India set to join elite UAV club | Deccan Chronicle

Chennai: India will soon join the elite league of nations like the US and the United Kingdom in developing unmanned aerial vehicles (drone).

“We have been developing unmanned aerial aircraft and helicopters for which we have signed pacts with several institutes like Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur, to do research in rotary motor for helicopters and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for payload, besides sensors”, P. Soundara Rajan, managing director (helicopter complex), HAL, said after signing a memorandum of understanding with IIT Madras to set up a centre for aerospace transmission system.

Elaborating on HAL’s projects, Soundara Rajan said the public sector undertaking (PSU) with Russians had embarked on a mission to produce 10-12 tonne category helicopters for VIPs like the President, Prime Minister and top government officials as these helicopters need to fly at an altitude of 23,000 feet at areas like Leh and Ladak.

The helicopter complex chief lamented that most of the components used today in aircraft and helicopters in India come from foreign countries. “We need to work more to develop indigenous components for our military needs”, Soundara Rajan pointed out.

Providing details about the tie-up between the institute and HAL, Prof. Bhaskar Ramamurthi, director, IIT Madras, said the strategic cooperation would help undertake joint research in the field of transmission system for helicopter and engine programmes for HAL. “This partnership will evolve required software and design solutions for different types of gears, bearings, lubrication system, vibration monitoring systems and production technologies”, he added.

Does UK have drones? I mean like, REAL drones. not handhelds or tacticals. :cuckoo:

..I would like to see the product ..rather than the 'news':coffee:

There won't be any product until there are lots of announcement about a desire, a plan, a partnership, the hiring of a designer, the tightening of the first screw on a youtube video, the stories about how its the #1 in the world and the joint ventures after it failed a few times.

Finally, your grand kids will get to see the product, not you.

Well, I will wait to see it happen before I celebrate. We do have a habit of boasting and talking big, it would be better if we implement first and than talk. I talk all claims untested with a pinch of salt.

Won't India be much more advance if everyone think like you. and the problem is that people think like you won't be in India. You are good enough to leave India. Only people not smart enough to think like you stays behind.

There won't be any product until there are lots of announcement about a desire, a plan, a partnership, the hiring of a designer, the tightening of the first screw on a youtube video, the stories about how its the #1 in the world and the joint ventures after it failed a few times.

Finally, your grand kids will get to see the product, not you.

Won't India be much more advance if everyone think like you. and the problem is that people think like you won't be in India. You are good enough to leave India. Only people not smart enough to think like you stays behind.

Mumbai is undergoing a massive construction boom, with more than 15 Supertalls, hundreds of skyscrapers and thousands of high-rises under construction.Currently Mumbai is home to largest number of under construction supertalls and skyscrapers in the World. Sample India for ChiComs

What about WS 10A boom went the J 11B! J10A went creaking about.

Mumbai is undergoing a massive construction boom, with more than 15 Supertalls, hundreds of skyscrapers and thousands of high-rises under construction.Currently Mumbai is home to largest number of under construction supertalls and skyscrapers in the World. Sample India for ChiComs

What about WS 10A boom went the J 11B! J10A went creaking about.

Congratulations, you just downgraded your self to the level of the troll you are replying to, simply by responding to him. Have you seen that fool's responses in any other thread? Lurk a bit, see what kind of people are worth responding to, he is not one of them, he definitely does not deserve any rational response. By responding to such trolls we are only inviting them more to talk trash.

Congratulations, you just downgraded your self to the level of the troll you are replying to, simply by responding to him. Have you seen that fool's responses in any other thread? Lurk a bit, see what kind of people are worth responding to, he is not one of them, he definitely does not deserve any rational response. By responding to such trolls we are only inviting them more to talk trash.

Office ka stress kahi par to nikalna parta hain! :sniper:

Chennai: India will soon join the elite league of nations like the US and the United Kingdom in developing unmanned aerial vehicles (drone).
Elite club? :woot: I thought we have been making UAVs for years like the Lakshya and Nishant! What's so 'elite' about making a UAV? Half the goddamn world has its own UAVs. So what's the big deal? :P

Yes, if these were combat drones capable of firing air-to-ground and air-to-air missiles, then it could be termed 'elite'. The UCAV, Rustom has still some way to go. So why are we popping the champagne? :cheesy:

Or am I missing something here?

Elite club? :woot: I thought we have been making UAVs for years like the Lakshya and Nishant! What's so 'elite' about making a UAV? Half the goddamn world has its own UAVs. So what's the big deal? :P

Yes, if these were combat drones capable of firing air-to-ground and air-to-air missiles, then it could be termed 'elite'. The UCAV, Rustom has still some way to go. So why are we popping the champagne? :cheesy:

Or am I missing something here?

Its just our stupid immature media trying to sensationalize every thing. The have to look at things from a western perspective irrespective of how effective/relevant it is for us. They think they have to mention "elite club" or else it wont be noticed. Arihant - elite club, AAD - elite club, some one farted - elite club.

What is this, some Rotary club? Sure, there are few countries who can build such advanced drones or nuc subs. It does not mean we are joining some club. They are just too immature to mention the news as it is, they have to sensationalize everything.

Back
Top Bottom