What's new

India set to join elite UAV club

What's so funny? The DRDO refuses to comment on their ongoing UCAV projects as well as their top-end UAV projects.

Dude im not talking about the UCAV... or anything under development... im talking about ur best UAV (indigenous) in service.

Can you tell me about the most advanced UAV built by india?

Rustam UAV

rustom.jpg

and

AURA in testing phase

20090213novelairconcept.jpg

Dude im not talking about the UCAV... or anything under development... im talking about ur best UAV (indigenous) in service.

DRDO-UAV-Rustom-1-Republic-Day-2012.jpg

Rustom 1 willl probably replace some systems in place now.

Nishant.jpg

Nishant is in service.

The advanced ones are currently under development.

OUTBOX+1.jpg

Rustom 2 will fly next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
The DRDO refuses to comment on their ongoing UCAV projects as well as their top-end UAV projects.

That's fishy and totally against DRDO's behaviour.

You look optimist on these projects any particular reason ???

DRDO-UAV-Rustom-1-Republic-Day-2012.jpg

Rustom 1 willl probably replace some systems in place now.

Nishant.jpg

Nishant is in service.

The advanced ones are currently under development.

OUTBOX+1.jpg

Rustom 2 will fly next year.

I thought it (rustom-1) was still under development?n nishant... these dont seem advaned though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it (rustom-1) was still under development?n nishant... these dont seem advaned though.

Nishant is a Catapult launched Recon UAV..and this is enough advanced to get its job done.all DRDO's Male UAV project is under testing.Rustam-1 was tested several times while Rustam-2 will be ready for testing in the next year..and it'll have weaponised version,or you might say,India's first UCAV.

Nishant is a Catapult launched Recon UAV..and this is enough advanced to get its job done.all DRDO's Male UAV project is under testing.Rustam-1 was tested several times while Rustam-2 will be ready for testing in the next year..and it'll have weaponised version,or you might say,India's first UCAV.

Great man... we manufacture alot of UAVs overselves... with the newest addition being Shahpar with a range of 350+ kms... and developed parts of Anka... so hopefully tht will be joing military aswell... as the Burraq UAV.. and CH-3.

Great man... we manufacture alot of UAVs overselves... with the newest addition being Shahpar with a range of 350+ kms... and developed parts of Anka... so hopefully tht will be joing military aswell... as the Burraq UAV.. and CH-3.

India is shifting its focus to Micro Air Vehicles, so we might not be seeing India researching on UAV's with greater endurance apart from Rustom and AURA

I will believe it when I see it. Too many times Indian officials come to predicting we are going to join this and that and eventually end up failing miserably. Eg. Kaveri engine, putting man into space, etc.

Even if India joins this club I'm highly skeptical that the internal components are Indian. It's most likely built with foreign components, which means its not indian at all. Any African country can import foreign components and assemble them and call it their own. You must produce all or vast majority of the components for it to become Indian.

And even if it has Indian components, I'm very doubtful about the quality of them. India still has a very backward and primitive defense industry.

I will believe it when I see it. Too many times Indian officials come to predicting we are going to join this and that and eventually end up failing miserably. Eg. Kaveri engine, putting man into space, etc.

Even if India joins this club I'm highly skeptical that the internal components are Indian. It's most likely built with foreign components, which means its not indian at all. Any African country can import foreign components and assemble them and call it their own. You must produce all or vast majority of the components for it to become Indian.

And even if it has Indian components, I'm very doubtful about the quality of them. India still has a very backward and primitive defense industry.

Sure primitive Su 30 MKI components being exported to Russia, Vietnam, Algeria, etc.

Primitive IT companies kicking your domestic industry's ***.

Primitive stone age tech churning out Destroyers, Frigates, Corvettes, Larger and better armed than Chinese ones.

Primitive rocket tech putting probe into moon and discovering water a year before NASA, planning MARS mission.

Primitive largest remote sensing network in the world.

Primitive being in top 6 of any major technology and research.

Primitive companies making larger profits than forbes 500 companies.

Change your mindset my red friend. It's no wonder your Li - man came here to dicuss power sharing agreement with primitive India.

BTW WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR WS 10 PROGRAM? J20 RADAR AND ENGINE? :what:

Last time i asked one Chinese Sr member when their JF-17 will fly with failed chinese WS-10/13 ABC version of failed engines. he ran away.

Lot of Chinese claims their working engine say , we don't use WS-13/10 Engine now developing WS13A and when asked about WS-13A , claim we making WS-10B and it will fly etc.

but fact is , China is buying engine from RUssia for its plane.

Last time china claimed their own design attack Copter bubble busted by Russia company who said they said Russia design Attack helicopter fro China and china didn't designed it.

Ever heard Made in India medicines, manufactured in China and sending to africa ;)

Last time i asked one Chinese Sr member when their JF-17 will fly with failed chinese WS-10/13 ABC version of failed engines. he ran away.

Lot of Chinese claims their working engine say , we don't use WS-13/10 Engine now developing WS13A and when asked about WS-13A , claim we making WS-10B and it will fly etc.

but fact is , China is buying engine from RUssia for its plane.

Last time china claimed their own design attack Copter bubble busted by Russia company who said they said Russia design Attack helicopter fro China and china didn't designed it.

Ever heard Made in India medicines, manufactured in China and sending to africa ;)

They are a pretentious lot. I was reading about some Chinese expats in times city New Delhi. They say their experience in India is like 'outsourced'. In the movie the location is a village but N . Delhi is a capital city with a world class metro system, a world class airport and transit facilities, roads in most places except east and SW delhi are well maintained. Gurgaon where they were based is like a mini Mumbai. Funny huh? :cuckoo:

Back
Top Bottom