Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India set to ease visa restrictions for 180 countries except Pakistan
By AFP
Published: February 2, 2014

NEW DELHI: Tourists travelling to India from up to 180 countries will no longer have to queue up at their local consulates to obtain visas under reforms expected to be approved this week, local media reported Sunday.

Most foreigners currently have to wait several weeks before learning whether they will be allowed to enter the country after submitting their applications at visa processing centres, a major deterrent for potential visitors.

But India’s intelligence agencies have now given their backing to proposals that would allow tourists to apply online and then wait only three days before receiving the green light, theIndian Express reported.

They would then be able to pick up their visas on arrival at any airport.

India currently issues visas on arrival to visitors from about a dozen foreign nations, including Japan and Indonesia.

But visitors from countries which account for the bulk of its tourists – such as the United States, Britain and France – have to go through the time-consuming process of applying in person.

The reforms were first mooted last October but only for around 40 countries.

The citizens of a handful of countries, including Pakistan, will not be included in the changes, the daily said.

Despite its cultural attractions, beaches and mountains, India attracts relatively few foreign holidaymakers – 6.58 million in 2012, which was about a quarter of Thailand or Malaysia.

A final decision on the visa reforms is likely to be taken on Wednesday at a meeting to be attended by the country’s top intelligence officers.

No one from the interior ministry was immediately available for comment.

Man I really wanted to visit the great nation of India all my life!!

It was that that visa queue that always stopped me, I can finally achieve my life long goal of going to india.

I think it's time for celebration, people from 180 countries can visit the great nation of india and and see its great highest quality of living and enjoy.

Pakistan must be so envious now, they cannot go to india! Their eyes must be turning green.

It was that that visa queue that always stopped me, I can finally achieve my life long goal of going to india.

I think it's time for celebration, people from 180 countries can visit the great nation of india and and see its great highest quality of living and enjoy.

Pakistan must be so envious now, they cannot go to india! Their eyes must be turning green.
Thanks for appreciation.....:cheers:

Once Talibaboons issue are fixed we can work on that . We don't want talibaboons and jihahahahdis setting a base in India .

I understand your sarcasm but thank you anyways .

That's what happens when the entry procedures are so inefficient and full of red tape.

well beaches and stuff are really romantic, and you know what's not romantic? India, not saying China is, but still, you don't think Asia, when thinking romance, it's more of a south America, Europe deal.

You kinda have to be developed to be considered.

Breaking NEWS, Police had to restore to Arial firing outside indian embassy Pakistan to control large number of people trying to apply for indian tourist visa, Police commandos are @ standby ..... we will keep you update.... :coffee:

If it is sarcasm...you utterly failed. Try again

you are welcome to india

No sarcasm, why would you think that?

Then you are welcome to this great country of India. I am certain you will enjoy your stay in this huge country. You can visit the great temples of South, the magnificent Himalayas of North, ever green jungles of North East, beaches of west, magnificent wild life every where and that you will not find anywhere in the world and if you are a Buddhist there is Bodh Gaya, and above all the hospitality of Indian everywhere.

Good luck

good for India and people who want visit India...
It was long needed....and tourism will surely get boost from it...

Breaking NEWS, Police had to restore to Arial firing outside indian embassy Pakistan to control large number of people trying to apply for indian tourist visa, Police commandos are @ standby ..... we will keep you update.... :coffee:
I know It meant to be sarcasm from your side and heart burn for not granted ease in VISA...but if pakistan want to have it then must be from both side...you don't ease visa to our people then why will we do that...as simple as that...and yes, many people from pak want to visit India....:coffee:

Last edited:
Good step. The least we can do is make it easy for people who want to come here as tourists.

Hopefully at some point this will be extended to all countries.

good for India and people who want visit India...
It was long needed....and tourism will surely get boost from it...

I know It meant to sarcasm from your side and heart burn for not granted ease in VISA...but if pakistan want to have it then must be from both side...you don't ease visa to our people then why will we do that...as simple as that...and yes, many people from pak want to visit India....:coffee:

"Dil Key Behlanay Ko Ghalib Yeh Khyal Acha Hai":sleep::coffee:

Back
Top Bottom