What's new

India selects IAI/Elta Systems radar and EW suite for Tejas LCA Mk 1A

I was seriously expecting Uttam AESA to go into MK1A. Does anybody have any information about when Uttam is expected to clear trials?

Uttam is currently under testing phase... testing will take MORE TIME... while production of Tejas is in full swing and would increase to 24 jets/years...

This also means that METEOR missile would not be their in the weapon envelope of Tejas...

Tejas LSP 2 is undergoing tests with Uttam AESA radar. They have selected Israeli Elta 2052 to freeze the design specification for the prototype.

I feel that there might be some issue with UTTAM... else, why go for 83 radars from Israel...

I feel that there might be some issue with UTTAM... else, why go for 83 radars from Israel...

Uttam's development never had MARK1A in mind. MARK1A is a HAL managed program, not DRDO's. Both are not linked, or supposed to meet for production.

MARK1A is a pitch by HAL using IP given by DRDO - Tejas platform, took outside sub systems that IAF required for further orders. And Mark 1A was born. Tejas production continues, expands till Mark 2 is ready.

Back
Top Bottom