What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What kind of screen is that?

24a12.jpg

Typhoon performing at Bangalore 2011, notice the high-alpha velocity-vector roll at 3:30 a useful close combat maneuver :tup:

Please do not consider this my endorsement of the EF Typhoon :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or but are you sick of all this game of guessing and speculation? I mean it's not since April when Eurocanards were picked but since MMRCA was started, there are 140 pages n this thread with >1700 posts and over 350 pages with >3500 posts on the Sticky MMRCA Thread. All filled with speculation and somewhat childish efforts by some members to put across the case for their favourites.

+ I'm sorry if this rant has annoyed anyone but I just really sick of clicking on this thread and finding nothing that added any real value to the procurement.

Is it just me or but are you sick of all this game of guessing and speculation? I mean it's not since April when Eurocanards were picked but since MMRCA was started, there are 140 pages n this thread with >1700 posts and over 350 pages with >3500 posts on the Sticky MMRCA Thread. All filled with speculation and somewhat childish efforts by some members to put across the case for their favourites.

+ I'm sorry if this rant has annoyed anyone but I just really sick of clicking on this thread and finding nothing that added any real value to the procurement.

Buddy, we can't do much other than guessing about the requirements of IAF/MoD, or the capabilities of the fighters and that's what these threads are good for. Getting infos on both fighters, or reports about the competition itself and compare them with eachother, so MMRCA gave us a good discussion base for years now. When it's over and a winner is decided, we will see the same old flame threads again, Rafale vs F16 Block 52, or Rafale vs J10B, where the national pride will have the main importance again and a discussion based on facts is not really possible.
So from this point of view, I enjoyed the MMRCA related discussions much more than Pak Fa vs J20, or JF 17 vs LCA discussions!

And to give you some info with a bit more value :):

Indian Air Force undergoing major transformation: Air Chief to NDTV

NDTV: Some of the deals are always in focus... for example, the 126 fighter jets, it's been a long process... and you've had a technical re-evaluation, flight testing and now you have come down to two manufacturers. There has been a lot of speculation, a lot of writing on this - that the Americans and the Russians were very unhappy and that they in fact went to the extent of saying some of the processes were unfair... they weren't transparent enough, what do you have to say to that?

PV Naik: You know right in the beginning when this deal was going through, I had said that whoever we select, the others would always be dissatisfied. So I think it is a case of that. As far as the entire process of the MMRCA selection is concerned I think it is one of the finest things the Air Force has ever done. There was no security breach, a very fair treatment was given to everybody, every vendor briefed as per RFP and in fact the process has gone so well and so timely that I would like to patent that process. After all these were six of the best aircraft in the world... Unnis -Bees ka farakh, very little difference in all these, very difficult to decide which is the best, ultimately what suits our country - the best has to emerge as the best. That doesn't mean the other aircraft are bad. But these were the best-suited to our conditions and so that is how we went about the selection. The process was very elaborate. As you are aware each aircraft had 600 testing points. So the whole thing went through in a very professional manner and I must compliment the team that undertook this task - very well done.

NDTV: Coming back to the final selection what do you think is the time frame? You had said before that it should be done very quickly and you are hopeful... do you think there is a time frame you could think of?

PV Naik: At present, the Technical Oversight Committee has finished their report. The report will be submitted to the Rakhsha Mantri. Thereafter, they will open the commercial bids and decide who is the L-1 (lowest bidder) vendor. After that the CNC will start negotiations, thereafter it will go to the Finance Ministry. From Finance, it will go to CCS and after their approval, the final contract will be signed. So I think another two months is a very optimistic assessment. That is by September, I expect this deal to be signed.

NDTV: And once the deal is signed, what is the time frame for the induction for the first aircraft that will come down?

PV Naik: That will be about three years.

Here is the related thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...ndergoing-major-transformation-air-chief.html

As you can see, there are still some steps in between and they will take some times, but it seems the deal could be fixed between sept and dec this year.

Buddy, we can't do much other than guessing about the requirements of IAF/MoD, or the capabilities of the fighters and that's what these threads are good for. Getting infos on both fighters, or reports about the competition itself and compare them with eachother, so MMRCA gave us a good discussion base for years now. When it's over and a winner is decided, we will see the same old flame threads again, Rafale vs F16 Block 52, or Rafale vs J10B, where the national pride will have the main importance again and a discussion based on facts is not really possible.
So from this point of view, I enjoyed the MMRCA related discussions much more than Pak Fa vs J20, or JF 17 vs LCA discussions!

And to give you some info with a bit more value :):

Here is the related thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...ndergoing-major-transformation-air-chief.html

As you can see, there are still some steps in between and they will take some times, but it seems the deal could be fixed between sept and dec this year.

Fully agree with sancho ji here mmrca threads is best thread out here where nationalism still not overwhelmed technical asspects.Love to see people putting their comments and backing their favourite as per technicality,images,pdf etc etc.

Fair point guys, it is unfair to attack members just for doing what this thread is meant to be- a medium for discussion. I suppose it was my impatient nature getting the better of me- it just seems this deal is never going to happen! (of course it will at some stage!)

Please don't let me get in the way of your fun- enjoy!!

Spectacular Cockpit of Rafale.. Very nicely designed.. I like it.. I think our Pilots will be thrilled, if Rafale gets in..
rafale-cockpit.jpg

Pinpoint strike : 3 x 2000 lbs GBU-24
strike-GBU-

Nuclear strike : 1 x ASMP-A nuclear missile (range 500 km / 300 kt warhead)
ASMP-A.png

Jha hi.... where to buy this kind of LCD? It looks really cool :cheers:

You can buy this from EADS.. They used to make this in 50's.. Really glad that Dassault could finally produce this...
Way to go Dassault.. Now try to develop a Colored version of this..

Back
Top Bottom