What's new

India, Saudi Arabia emerge as largest importers of arms

A nation with a population that has a large disposable income, and relatively small debt;

Apply the above statement on both Saudi and India and what you find?
Who is richer?

India is becoming a rich nation, it isn't a rich nation just yet.

Ok lets fast forward from 2017 to 2030 = 13 more years:

Projection by UK based PricewaterhouseCoopers in February 2017
temcdxdcr.png

In 2030 who is richer than who as per the above projection?

Who is richer?

View attachment 443308

Honestly, it really doesn't matter. Being rich is just one factor of a strong military, and as much as KSA has money, if it's a one on one fight and no outside interference, KSA would get crushed by India.

if it's a one on one fight and no outside interference, KSA would get crushed by India.

We never said they will fight each other.
Both these countries have different size of their enemies with different strength levels.
If you think Saudi has a problem fighting India, then India too has similar situation fighting China.

We never said they will fight each other.
Both these countries have different size of their enemies with different strength levels.
If you think Saudi has a problem fighting India, then India too has similar situation fighting China.
China isn't even a factor here, no point in bringing them up.

My point was that a direct comparison is pointless, because a direct comparison would mean that if they both fought a war, you could practically see the results. Even with mental simulations, KSA is still at a disadvantage to India.

China isn't even a factor here, no point in bringing them up.

China is India's adversary with whom they have fought 2 wars.

My point was that a direct comparison is pointless, because a direct comparison would mean that if they both fought a war, you could practically see the results. Even with mental simulations, KSA is still at a disadvantage to India.

And what makes you think Saudi will fight India or vise versa?

If the two countries are buying the weapons (as is the case of Saudi & India) does not mean they will fight each other. It is for their own defense.

BTW China is India's adversary with whom they have fought 2 wars.
So there is every likelihood that there could be a third war.

If the two countries are buying the weapons (as is the case of Saudi & India) does not mean they will fight each other. It is for their own defense.

China and India fought in 1962. Which is the second war. Don’t tell me it’s the Wikipedia war of 1967.:rofl:

Who is richer?

View attachment 443308

abe fuddu dont compare saudi and indian economy , there is no comparison . wait for oil prices to crash again after the recent rigging , oil will be available for $ 15-18 in the year 2020 . bye for now .

no doubt if KSA is next to India, KSA will win anyday in a conventional war with india

abe fuddu dont compare saudi and indian economy , there is no comparison . wait for oil prices to crash again after the recent rigging , oil will be available for $ 15-18 in the year 2020 . bye for now .

Tell it your Modi:

IEA Projects a 75% Increase In Oil Prices By 2020

Under the CPS, even without an oil price shock the global price of crude oil is projected to rise to $82 per barrel by 2020, $127/bbl by 2030, and $146/bbl by 2040. The NPS assumes policies that will cause global oil demand to be lower than in the CPS.
As a result, oil prices are projected to rise to $79/barrel (bbl) by 2020
, $111/bbl by 2030, and $124/bbl by 2040.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapie...-increase-in-oil-prices-by-2020/#75390a2d7a67

I never said they would fight each other, don't twist my words. I said IF they were to fight each other, as it was a comparison.

You decided to compare the two, not me, I merely told you how ridiculous it was, so you saying "It is for their own defense" is not only hypocritical, but is what I've been saying from the beginning.

At this point, you're arguing for no reason other than to argue.

I never said they would fight each other, don't twist my words. I said IF they were to fight each other, as it was a comparison.

You decided to compare the two, not me, I merely told you how ridiculous it was, so you saying "It is for their own defense" is not only hypocritical, but is what I've been saying from the beginning.

At this point, you're arguing for no reason other than to argue.

I said IF they were to fight each other

Even such (above) assumption or otherwise, involving both nations in the war is ridiculous.

What is the likelihood of such a war?
Not even 1%
So even a hypothetical assumption (your "if" factor) is valueless.

I compared both nations without ever using a single word a la "war"
And also told you the following:

I was highlighting the solvency strength of both countries.

Then you changed the tracks on GDP and India being richer. That claim is also got debunked as I gave you the Pricewater projection stretching towards 2030.

Who is arguing here for the sake of an argument?
You, not me.

This is my end to this dialogue.
Please do not engage with me further on this.
Have a good day.

Even such (above) assumption or otherwise, involving both nations in the war is ridiculous.

What is the likelihood of such a war?
Not even 1%
So even a hypothetical assumption (your "if" factor) is valueless.

I compared both nations without ever using a single word a la "war"
And also told you the following:

Then you changed the tracks on GDP and India being richer. That claim is also got debunked as I gave you the Pricewater projection stretching towards 2030.

Who is arguing here for the sake of an argument?
You, not me.

This is my end to this dialogue.
Please do not engage with me further on this.
Have a good day.
When you lie and make shit up, I have to respond. You can't just say "don't talk to me", after going on a tirade, that's not how this works.

Not only are you purposefully misrepresenting my words, you're also accusing me of "changing tracks" when I did not such thing.

My point from beginning to end was that things like gdp, national reserves, and other such statistics don't matter alone, as such your comparison was flawed.

Take the word war out of it, you're too obsessed over a simple example I gave, and look at it from the outside. What use is there to compare two completely different military forces, with their own needs and wants? Not only do you not end up with a proper comparison, but you end up making a pointless argument.

By the way, you debunked nothing. I never said India was richer, and you literally cannot point to a single comment of mine where I allegedly said that India was richer.

If you wanna act like a child and pretend you won, when this wasn't even a contest, but rather me trying to explain to you why you're legitimately wrong, go right ahead. If you can't be bothered to actually read my comments properly, than there really is no point in talking.

Back
Top Bottom