What's new

India’s vanishing Parsis

Parsis in analogy can truly be referred to as the Jews of India.

Vsdoc, would you elaborate, in an academic manner, why you feel that there is a possibility of having many Iranians revert back to Zoroastrianism. Whether that number of re-converts reaches a critical point to have a snowballing effect is something separate thing. Are there re-conversions in Iran from Islam to Zoroastrianism?

Because at some level or the other, since Al Qadisiyah 1350 years ago, Persia and Persians and now Iran and Iranians have never ever been totally comfortable with Islam.

And till now, democracy and free will has never ever really been on the table.

Not that its still on the table for them.

Yet.

But they see the rest of the world, they travel, they communicate, they go online, and that in itself is the first snowflake.

Hey Doc, never realized you were a Parsi.

Good show . Are you in NCR ?

Shirin-Farhad-Ki-Toh-Nikal-Padi-Wallpapers-01.jpg

Great movie :)

We must extend all support and fraternity to them. As they promised, Parsis have been akin to sugar in milk.

Actually I dont get this phrase.

Doesnt the sugar fully and indistinguishably dissolve into the milk ? So how that can be given as a example for the Parsis ?

No...they invaded ancient Pakistan :D

Three pointer.

Doesnt the sugar fully and indistinguishably dissolve into the milk ? So how that can be given as a example for the Parsis ?

Good point. Refer to my dissolve and yet remain proudly crystalline dichotomous analogy.

That's the reality of the past 1300 years of us as Indians.

According to Kissa a Sanjan, when Parsis landed in Navsari coast in Gujarat, the Parsi leader ask for asylum from the local king. The king sent a bowl full of milk saying,"My Kingdom is saturated", the Parsi community leader returned the milk by mixing some sugar to it saying, we will sweeten your land just like sugar sweetens the milk.

i miss the old parsi family in my city they owned a cafe not as big or lavish as coffee culture or ccd or barista but it had such a warm atmosphere when aunty passed away they closed the cafe and moved to bombay now only 2 more parsi families are left

Good point. Refer to my dissolve and yet remain proudly crystalline dichotomous analogy.

That's the reality of the past 1300 years of us as Indians.

Well doc, my point is, it doesnt remain crystalline after it is dissolved and any sugar in milk is going to get dissolved, sooner or later -- perhaps that Parsi leader had the premonition to sense what you said in post #6 :frown:

According to Kissa a Sanjan, when Parsis landed in Navsari coast in Gujarat, the Parsi leader ask for asylum from the local king. The king sent a bowl full of milk saying,"My Kingdom is saturated", the Parsi community leader returned the milk by mixing some sugar to it saying, we will sweeten your land just like sugar sweetens the milk.

I know that story dude, but was rather pointing out the dissimilarity between sugar dissolving in milk and Parsis standing unique in India.

you guys should reproduce man take a hint from on other minority in india which is growing at such rapid rate you guys are rich educated sober and nice people unlike the other minority

I know that story dude, but was rather pointing out the dissimilarity between sugar dissolving in milk and Parsis standing unique in India.

They adopted Gujarati language and their women started wearing Indian dress. I think they really mingled well in India, sweeten India with their contributions. They came to India to save their religion and their uniqueness is for that purpose only.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom