What's new

India’s Prahaar missile to be tested by DRDO

@Capt.Popeye

Prithvi series development is still on. P3 will be a longer-ranged missile, comes with folding fins
that deploy after launch and can be put in a canister. It will be operationally deployed.

Source: Prasun K Sengupta

Last edited by a moderator:
p1398771.jpg

Designed to deliver conventional warheads,

I thought Prahaar could deliver both conventional and nuclear warheads.

I thought Prahaar could deliver both conventional and nuclear warheads.

Course it can.
Shh, nobody really wants to talk about it yet.........................no point getting the West's hackles up.
Why is there so much "to and fro" going on about A-5's range?

@Capt.Popeye

Prithvi series development is still on. P3 will be a longer-ranged missile, comes with folding fins
that deploy after launch and can be put in a canister. It will be operationally deployed.

Source: Prasun K Sengupta

Really? I'm not inclined to agree with that.
PKS is entitled to his views as I am to my own.
And I do not need a blog to propagate them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I'm not inclined to agree with that.
PKS is entitled to his views as I am to my own.
And I do not need a blog to propagate them.

I guess the best way to find out is to wait.

I guess the best way to find out is to wait.

Nope. Just to think.
Consider this; the Prithvi family of missiles are 1st gen.
In terms of FCS, in terms of guidance and most of all; in terms of propulsion systems.

Now what can you conclude?

Nope. Just to think.
Consider this; the Prithvi family of missiles are 1st gen.
In terms of FCS, in terms of guidance and most of all; in terms of propulsion systems.

Now what can you conclude?

It's not safe to think Prithvi's systems have remained the same. We don't know yet what
improvements are there on P3.

It's not safe to think Prithvi's systems have remained the same. We don't know yet what
improvements are there on P3.

Which things have changed? that you know of?
If everything has changed; then what is Prithvi about it? unless you are looking to carry forward the name to Prithvi-303?

Which things have changed? that you know of?
If everything has changed; then what is Prithvi about it? unless you are looking to carry forward the name to Prithvi-303?

I have already stated that no one knows what changes it brings.

As of PKS, this is what he said: -

Cannister-encased Prithvi-3’s mid-body control-fins will be foldable & will be deployed after the missile is hot-launched from its cannister, just like the mechanisms employed for the BrahMos-1, Nirbhay & Shaurya. Prithvi-3 after launch will thus look exactly like the present-day Prithvi-1/2 & Dhanush. All cannister-encased Prithvi-3s will use the very same existing BEML/TATRA trucks, since the Prithvi-3s will replace all existing Prithvi-1s on a one-for-one basis, meaning there will be no need to procure new-build trucks & the existing BEML/TATRA trucks will be slightly modified to accommodate the cannister-encased Prithvi-3.

Presently, all conventionally-armed Prithvi-1 SS-150 NLOS-BSMs are deployed with three missile groups each of which is a part of the IA’s three existing artillery divisions. The plan in future is to create a Strategic Rocket Artillery Corps (armed with Prithvi-3 & BrahMos-1 Blocks-2/3) directly under Army HQ (i.e. its usage & deployment being dictated solely by the IA’s COAS) similar to the PRC’s 2nd Artillery Corps. The IA’s three existing artillery divisions will thus in future be equipped with only 155mm/52-cal howitzers, Pinaka-1/2 & Smerch-M MBRLs.

Prithvi-3 has already been developed & certified for use. Now, efforts are on to encase it within a cannister.

I have already stated that no one knows what changes it brings.

As of PKS, this is what he said: -

Read through what he says and analyse the statements.

Just read what he says here:

Nirbhay & Shaurya. Prithvi-3 after launch will thus look exactly like the present-day Prithvi-1/2 & Dhanush.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...haar-missile-tested-drdo-2.html#ixzz2ajBfDsvu

So will Prithvi 3 or Prithvi 25 have the same dimensions as the existing Prithvis?
What has changed then?
The Prithvis at present are liquid-fuelled; what are the pros and cons of that?
Why are newer missiles being solid fuelled?
Will a solid fuelled missile have the same dimensions as a liquid fuelled missile? Will it need to?
Is there any need or benefits in having a single missile equipped TEL if the missile itself can be rendered more compact?

PKS has just made some bland statements which seem to be inexplicable on the face of it.

Read through what he says and analyse the statements.

Just read what he says here:

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...haar-missile-tested-drdo-2.html#ixzz2ajBfDsvu

So will Prithvi 3 or Prithvi 25 have the same dimensions as the existing Prithvis?
What has changed then?
The Prithvis at present are liquid-fuelled; what are the pros and cons of that?
Why are newer missiles being solid fuelled?
Will a solid fuelled missile have the same dimensions as a liquid fuelled missile? Will it need to?
Is there any need or benefits in having a single missile equipped TEL if the missile itself can be rendered more compact?

PKS has just made some bland statements which seem to be inexplicable on the face of it.

You seem to be jumpy when it comes to disagreeing with PKS and his statements.

He never said anything about P3's dimensions, he only said it will look the
same, wrt the control fins.

It might not be possible to carry more than 1 Prithvi on the existing type of
trucks operated by IA.

We don't know what P3's internal composition is like - could be additional
mass dedicated to increased fuel section which can give greater range.

As I said, the best way to find out is to wait, there is no point in assuming things while everything can be found out in a couple of months/or an year.

You seem to be jumpy when it comes to disagreeing with PKS and his statements.

He never said anything about P3's dimensions, he only said it will look the
same, wrt the control fins.

It might not be possible to carry more than 1 Prithvi on the existing type of
trucks operated by IA.

We don't know what P3's internal composition is like - could be additional
mass dedicated to increased fuel section which can give greater range.

As I said, the best way to find out is to wait, there is no point in assuming things while everything can be found out in a couple of months/or an year.

As I said clearly earlier; I have my own reasoning and opinions based on my information. I suppose that Prasun may have his own.
But you sought my opinions; therefore I put them on record. Otherwise I did not feel impelled to.

I do not follow PKS's blog; because I do not feel the need to. Since there is "wheat mixed with chaff" there quite often. You are free to do so. And make your own 'considered opinions' thereafter.

However the Indian SFC's concepts have moved beyond the Prithvi family; as I know it. They will get replaced with a newer generation of designs. That process is underway. More mobile and more concealed. Apart from fire-power.

The only area where a canistered Prithvi with foldable wings makes sense is for PAD .

Also P3 is Dhanush itself . So what PSK was saying , he only knows .

Back
Top Bottom