What's new

India’s Mars exploration mission by Oct

We took NASA's Mineral Mapper on Chandrayaan, which confirmed water on moon. Which countries are working with ISRO on this project.

I think this BLOG will be very helpful:

Mangalyaan, India's 2013 Mars mission, is now under construction | The Planetary Society

Mangalyaan update: Testing of main engine underway | The Planetary Society

There were both American & European payloads on board Chandrayaan - 1

If I am not wrong of 12 payloads half were foreign.

As far as Mangalyaan is concerned, i don't think there is any news as of now of foreign payloads, don't know why the hell this SECRECY is there over the project.

I have very high hopes from ISRO.
These kind of projects are not just for India but for the whole world to rejoice .

20120927_mangalyaan.jpg

Mangalyaan

Artist's concept of ISRO's Mangalyaan Mars orbiter.

Ambitious ! if india suceed in exploring Mars,will be better than us in this field.:tup:

History doesn't support India, all country's that have launched Mars missions have FAILED in there first attempt.

BUT FINGERS CROSSED :)

The brief article has various other details about the mission plan, some of which are news to me:

The October or November 2013 launch will place Mangalyaan into Earth orbit.

Six engine firings will raise that orbit to one with an apogee of 215,000 kilometers and a perigee of 600 kilometers.

On November 26, 2013, a final firing will send Mangalyaan onto an interplanetary trajectory.

Mars Orbit Insertion is planned for September 21, 2014.

http://www.planetary.org/blogs/emily-lakdawalla/2012/10090908-manglayaan-motor.html

We took NASA's Mineral Mapper on Chandrayaan, which confirmed water on moon. Which countries are working with ISRO on this project.
In Chandrayaan-1, contained five Indian instruments and six foreign instruments.

Russia will work with ISRO on Chandrayaan-2, they believe ISRO have good luck, Chandrayaan-1 made NASA find water on moon, Russia hope to get some luck from ISRO

MangalYaan 1

Launch

The space agency would use its Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle rocket.[8] The November 2013 launch will place Mangalyaan into Earth orbit, then six engine firings will raise that orbit to one with an apogee of 215,000 km and a perigee of 600 km. A final firing will send Mangalyaan onto an interplanetary trajectory..[12][14] Mars orbit insertion is planned for September 2014 and would allow the spacecraft to enter a highly elliptical orbit of 500 km x 80,000 km around Mars.

Payload

The proposed payload of 10.5 kg,[15] still to be reviewed, consists of up to ten instruments, including:[16][17]

Probe For Infrared Spectroscopy for Mars (Prism)
Mars Exospheric Neutral Composition Analyzer (Menca)
"TIS" instrument (thermal emissions)
Mars Color Camera (MCC)
Methane Sensor For Mars (MSM)
Mars Radiation Spectrometer (Maris)
Plasma and Current Experiment (Pace)

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...aTsync1rGcz09gsM_ir6Q&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.bmk

Lets see. Important is what will we do. I don't want this program for just name sake.

BTW can you tell us about your MARS mission ?
no mission in 2013 i guess.we focus more on space station, manned spaceflight and lunar exploration,we fell behind in Mars exploration.:cry:
our firefly I crashed for russian rockets problem in 2011 and firefly II is under production.

they believe ISRO have good luck, Chandrayaan-1 made NASA find water on moon, Russia want get some luck from ISRO

Do you think science works randomly on luck?
Do you think scientists pass their exams based on luck?
May be singularly in China - not in other countries brother.

In Chandrayaan-1, contained five Indian instruments and six foreign instruments.

Russia will work with ISRO on this project, they believe ISRO have good luck, Chandrayaan-1 made NASA find water on moon, Russia hope to get some luck from ISRO

Nope, i don't think Russia is working on this one, it is Chandrayaan-2 where Roskosmos is working with ISRO. Mangalyaan is completely indigenous & only 2 nations - Russia & US have send successful mars mission, if successful India will become the third.

@KRAIT, found out that there will be 10 payloads on-board Mangalyaan:

Indian Scientists Propose 10 Experiments For 2013 Mission To Mars | Asian Scientist Magazine | Science, Technology and Medicine News Updates From Asia (good link)

Last edited by a moderator:
Russia will work with ISRO on Chandrayaan-2, they believe ISRO have good luck, Chandrayaan-1 made NASA find water on moon, Russia hope to get some luck from ISRO
Russia is building Moon rover in case of Moon mission Chandrayaan II to be launched in coming years.

Of course Chadrayaan Ic arreid NASA mapper which confirmed water on Moon. But ISRO's probe made the similar discovery earlier but because of international protocols through which the findings are confirmed through data analysis and cross examination was due to happen, ISRO didn't make any official declaration. They made this discovery 10 months before launch of Chandrayaan I.

NASA Mapper confirmed ISRO's findings.

Kindly visit this link.

ISRO found water on moon 10 months ago - Times Of India

no mission in 2013 i guess.we focus more on space station, manned spaceflight and lunar exploration,we fell behind in Mars exploration.:cry:
our firefly I crashed for russian rockets problem in 2011 and firefly II is under production.
I personally feel China focusing on building its own space station is a good priority and then manned moon landing.

Reason is China wasn't allowed by US to join ISS and its good that China has started its own station which will come in handy in future.

All the best.

Hope we work with NASA so that we don't repeat same things to get the info what NASA has released and provided.

I would like to know the new technologies being developed for this mission. Anyone with expertise in it ?
maybe @isro2222.atleast thats what his name suggests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, in 2013, China have no mission for Mar, but not mean China neglecting Mar, First building the strong basic, you can run faster than others, I do not worry over china mar project..

Yes, in 2013, China have no mission for Mar, but not mean China neglecting Mar, First building the strong basic, you can run faster than others, I do not worry over china mar project..

Didn't mean to troll but why you guies are discussing Chinese space programme in Indian section ??? Don't you have a thread or something in Chinese section ???

I think we are also doing the same.Manned space missions are more expensive,so they are concentrating on scientific missions.Our one moon mission managed to collect more scientific data than all the apollo missions put together.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom