What's new

India rejects trilateral security pact with Australia, US

India didnt join the trilateral alliance for the fear of harsh reaction from china.so much is the fear of china in indian establishment that indian PM and president didint attend the buddist conference in which Dalailama has to address the conference due to the objections from china.

What I see is that, Every one is interested in a mexican stand off rather than finding oppertunities to grow and make sure that basic needs are available to fellow citizens. every one is very much into a opposing that is not their own countrys call.
Good Luck you all. I tried the idea of spreading peace with some sanity but I see there is no sanity in PDF, especially from my own country men.
Taking everything that is Chinese as hostile has become the trend of most Indians in PDF. To the extent they call a fellow Indian as arse kisser.

Good Luck to you guys.

What I see is that, Every one is interested in a mexican stand off rather than finding oppertunities to grow and make sure that basic needs are available to fellow citizens. every one is very much into a opposing that is not their own countrys call.
Good Luck you all. I tried the idea of spreading peace with some sanity but I see there is no sanity in PDF, especially from my own country men.
Taking everything that is Chinese as hostile has become the trend of most Indians in PDF. To the extent they call a fellow Indian as arse kisser.

Good Luck to you guys.

you're getting carried away after watching teenage antics on PDF. The saner minds prevail after the chest-thumping stops. Relax Ashok and keep your level headed comments coming

I tried the idea of spreading peace with some sanity but I see there is no sanity in PDF, especially from my own country men.

Spreading peace does not mean bending over backwards. We have fought a war with China, we have border issues with China, China supplies tanks and jet fighters to a nation we have gone to war four times with, Chinese troops are present in an area over which we claim sovereignty. Unless these issues are resolved, it is prudent to perceive China as hostile. But this particular decision to stay way from a security relationship is a wise one. Not for the sake of China, but to protect our relations with Russia.

Must have been an Idiot who wrote this article and used word rejected. And they are stupid Indians who would indulge in Australia bashing while justifying Indian response and misreading the words used by some unknown Indian 'babu'.

First is "not aware" the second is "taken aback"-(means surprised). MoD doesn't make foreign policy decisions any discussion might have been happenig between counterpart to counterpart which Ministry of foreign affairs or between state heads. The pact is still on agenda, I think.

While Chine keeps protecting terrorists like JUD who attack India in UNSC?

We do not have to commit to anything in a hurry, but the chinese behavior of a bully will need a response, if not now, later.

I know the Indian members here will disagree with me, but this is a good move by the Indian government in the long run.

Country like India with such a huge military power, taking side doesn't make any scene. Plus history tale us India foreign policy always stays neutral state. Even when India had extreme right wing governance for few year. They also dint changed policy.

Must have been an Idiot who wrote this article and used word rejected. And they are stupid Indians who would indulge in Australia bashing while justifying Indian response and misreading the words used by some unknown Indian 'babu'.

First is "not aware" the second is "taken aback"-(means surprised). MoD doesn't make foreign policy decisions any discussion might have been happenig between counterpart to counterpart which Ministry of foreign affairs or between state heads. The pact is still on agenda, I think.

There is no Pact mate.

In an interview with an Australian newspaper, Rudd was quoted as saying a new trilateral pact bringing in India into a US-Australian security tent was worth exploring because from “little things big things grow”.

India snubs Oz, says no on pact with US

Guys, i am thoroughly impresed, instead of being a client state to west, and being a cannon fodder as mercenaries, you guys call your own shots !!! why did i say this, your neighbor pakistan is a prime example of what they are going through. I can tell you, you will rise to a new global power in no time. very impressive !!! it is not like musharraf one call and you guys lay your eyes for west !!! wow !

I'm taken aback by India's decision not to play the role of lapdog.

Good job India! :tup:

Dude, since the cold war era, to our colonial rule we were never lapdogs to anyone, never have never will. We have our own foreign policy to follow not dictated by any superpower or organisation

Country like India with such a huge military power, taking side doesn't make any scene. Plus history tale us India foreign policy always stays neutral state. Even when India had extreme right wing governance for few year. They also dint changed policy.

BJP under Vajpayee was no extreme right-wing government. Poor Vajpayee with his knee troubles went on a freaking bus to Lahore for Pete's sake.

@lilaspr you are right.... Just recently even our pm said in his speech that india is too big to be ally of any nation.... Although i want to tell one thing is that australia ain't trusted nation.... i never like australia and uk.... Both are same blood and they both act same way.... Australia banned uranium to india while uk was the first country to sanction india after pokhran nuclear test.... This two nations ain't good for anyone. Both aus and uk should be kicked out of planet....

Dude, since the cold war era, to our colonial rule we were never lapdogs to anyone, never have never will. We have our own foreign policy to follow not dictated by any superpower or organisation

Although we are enemies and there are many things I don't agree about with the Indian establishment as a whole, I am proud that India does not honour the same rapists under the guise of Western Liberal Democracy.

Respect is due, where Respect is earned.

Congrats India.

the world has decided to give India a free ride on everything from NPT and Uranium to Afghanistan and Kashmir. :)

All these favors were facilitated or orchestrated by the US.

I think if India continues taking steps like these, the Chinese will start to get the impression that India is not a threat

The Chinese are not stupid; they know exactly what game India is playing.

What I see is that, Every one is interested in a mexican stand off

Unfortunately, people like you are a shrinking minority. Nationalism is rising in India, China, Russia, US, almost everywhere...

On topic, the statements by FM Kevin Rudd (or krudd) have to be taken in the context of Labor Party politics within Australia. Rudd was positively furious (and visibly sulking for days) when Julia Gillard made the uranium announcement without consulting him. This statement was a one-upmanship by him on Gillard to bolster his image on matters of foreign relations.

Back
Top Bottom