What's new

India rejects TN resolution against Sri Lanka

Gibbs

Reaction score
Country
Australia
India rejects TN resolution against Sri Lanka

Last edited by a moderator:
The resolution is for Eelam demand in Srilanka, which the title is not indicating.

India accepted the TN resolution but rejected some of the clauses of it :cheers:

Like what?? Pls elaborate than making blanket statements without any facts which i've noticed you excell in..

BTW it was the BJP and Tinamool(happens to be Bengali) what vehemently opposed anti Lanka bill in the Lok Sabha a week ago and this is about the resolution in TN assembly.. bunch of jokers getting owned to no end..lol

it was the right thing to do, our foreign policy should be driven by center not by the sole interests of states.

you can't hide all pains(felt by locals) in the name of national interest.

I suggest taking some pain killers would help, Making stupid resolutions by a bunch of retired third class TN actors wont

Mate India already voted against Lanka for the pains suffered by Tamils there, the latest resolution is for separate Eelam.

India has raised enough voice and action where ever it is necessary, what Tamilnadu did with separate ezham resolution is a over kill and unnecessary, so govt of India did good by rejecting the resolution.

The resolution is for Eelam demand in Srilanka, which the title is not indicating.

Eelam resolution is due to Amma's upmanship battle with Karuna. Not a practical one.

Should have stuck to war crimes resolution and 13th amendment implementation and step by step increase the pressure on the GOI - GOI used its defence assets in SL war after a promise by Rajapakshe and TN gov should lit the fire under GOI bottom with a calibrated escalation of pressure.

@Gibbs , please don't try to create a rift between Tamils and other Indians. We absolutely agree with Tamils that they have not gotten their due in Sri Lanka and that Sri Lanka must ensure that they get their rights.We also agree with them that Sri Lankan Tamil's human rights have been violated .We only disagree with them as far as declaring Sri Lanka as a hostile nation is concerned.

Now since you guys have admitted your Bengali/Oriya origins and are buddhists anyway, tell us when do you want to be declared an autonomous part of India ? Give the date, or do you want us to decide ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Eelam resolution is due to Amma's upmanship battle with Karuna. Not a practical one.

Should have stuck to war crimes resolution and 13th amendment implementation and step by step increase the pressure on the GOI - GOI used its defence assets in SL war after a promise by Rajapakshe and TN gov should lit the fire under GOI bottom with a calibrated escalation of pressure.

Very true, Best way to deal with this problem is not Eeelam but making Srilankan Tamils a strong lobby, which GOI is taking initiatives. GOI also helping the displaced Tamils with aid.

Mr. Gibbs , please don't try to create a rift between Tamils and other Indians. We absolutely agree with Tamils that they have not gotten their due in Sri Lanka and that Sri Lanka must ensure that they get their rights.We also agree with them that Sri Lankan Tamil's human rights have been violated .We only disagree with them as far as declaring Sri Lanka as a hostile nation is concerned.

Now since you guys have admitted your Bengali/Oriya origins and are buddhists anyway, tell us when do you want to be declared an autonomous part of India ? Give the date, or do you want us to decide ?

I agree with your post - we will agree to disagree on specific issues - same is the case with various other states and people as well but we part of the same nation.

But a curious question remains for me - not directed at you but to the fellow Indian members in general -
I saw many of the members willing to go ballistic against Italy for the Italian marines - what about the deaths of TN fishermen - does it not quality SL as hostile nation?(before someone can jump and say that TN crossed the borders, they need to take into consideration that would have been within borders if Katchatheevu was illegally granted by GOI - illegal as it was not ratified by the two houses of the parliament)

I agree with your post - we will agree to disagree on specific issues - same is the case with various other states and people as well but we part of the same nation.

But a curious question remains for me - not directed at you but to the fellow Indian members in general -
I saw many of the members willing to go ballistic against Italy for the Italian marines - what about the deaths of TN fishermen - does it not quality SL as hostile nation?(before someone can jump and say that TN crossed the borders, they need to take into consideration that would have been borders if Katchatheevu was illegally granted by GOI - illegal as it was not ratified by the two houses of the parliament)

The Italian incident got much attention because it was an unusual country away from India and also because of the drama of bail and not returning, the Italian connection ;-)etc etc, on the other hand srilankan navy we know that it's there and it's our neighbour, crimes are same but nature and parties (offenders) are different. similar question can be asked about Delhi rape case that why only that one got all the attention ?

Very true, Best way to deal with this problem is not Eeelam but making Srilankan Tamils a strong lobby, which GOI is taking initiatives. GOI also helping the displaced Tamils with aid.

Not sure GOI is taking initiatives - Can't trust GOI as well in this one - just read an article written by an ex-ambassador of India - GOI initially was concerned about the verbiage in the U.S brought UN HR resolution until it saw the students fury in TN and asked US for last minute change in the intensity of the resolution but US rejected it.

Onus lies only on TN - TN need to pressure GOI - else this issue will be forgotten just like how the 1984 sikh riots were more or less forgotten.

The Italian incident got much attention because it was an unusual country away from India and also because of the drama of bail and not returning etc etc, on the other hand srilankan navy we know that it's there and it's our neighbour, crimes are same but nature and parties (offenders) are different. similar question can be asked about Delhi rape case that why only that one got all the attention ?

I know that would be response - The core issue - while defence money is spent fighting for unmanned terrains like Akshai Chin, Katchatheevu, crucial for TN fishermen, was granted like a joke. I see the stark difference in the attitude. Besides that, the killings of TN fishermen is not of different nature - that is why I mentioned, onus is on TN and TN alone to bring in the sort of fear with GOI just that this fear will overwhelm the China bogeyman and will force the GOI to act.

Not sure GOI is taking initiatives - Can't trust GOI as well in this one - just read an article written by an ex-ambassador of India - GOI initially was concerned about the verbiage in the U.S brought UN HR resolution until it saw the students fury in TN and asked US for last minute change in the intensity of the resolution but US rejected it.

Onus lies only on TN - TN need to pressure GOI - else this issue will be forgotten just like how the 1984 sikh riots were more or less forgotten.

Message is clear India do not want any violence in Lanka but will make the Srilankan Tamils a strong lobby so that they will protect Indian interests vis-a-vis China.

chennai, 19 July, (Asiantribune.com):

P. Chidamparam
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram has said that India had given Rs 3,000 crores for the benefit of the internally displaced Tamils in Lanka and the government also allocated Rs 1,000 crores for the construction of 50,000 houses in Northern Sri Lanka.

India gave INR 3,600 crore to Sri Lanka, additionally allocated INR 1,000 crore for constructing houses to IDPs: Minister P Chidambaram | Asian Tribune

Back
Top Bottom