What's new

India reiterates will to bid for hosting 2020 Olympics

Brotherhood

Reaction score
India reiterates will to bid for hosting 2020 Olympics - People's Daily OnlineOctober 13, 2010

Commonwealth Games Organizing Committee (OC) chief Suresh Kalmadi Tuesday said that India continues to dream about hosting the Olympics in 2020.

"I have a dream of bringing the Olympics, but when, I don't know," Kalmadi said here.

India is considering a bid for the 2020 Olympics, with the International Olympic Committee General Assembly due to vote on the host city in 2013.

"I need to speak to the government about it after the Commonwealth Games," Kalmadi added.

IOC President Jacques Rogge last week said that India had good chances of getting the Olympics bid.

Kalmadi said that the Commonwealth Games would leave a broader sporting legacy in India.

"The legacy for us is Olympic sports," he said.

"One of the main things of having a big event like the Commonwealth Games is to ensure that we create a lot of new icons and these icons will lead the the youth of India towards the global sports," he emphasized.

Kalmadi is also the Indian Olympic Committee president and a senior official of the ruling National Congress Party in India.

Source: Xinhua

Bloody, put that Idiot In Jail, Mr Kalmadi, He is not worthy enough to dream On Behalf Of India, We need some one better and wiser to Bid and Plan for the Olympics 2020...

:hitwall::hitwall:

Nooooooo not Kalmadi, anyone but Kalmadi.

He is embarrassing himself by saying this... Especially NOW.

He is Embarrassing Us Indians By saying he will bid for the 2020 Olympics.....How dare he says that, Its a Criminal act for Him saying it.... "Whose there" clap Clap!!!! "Put Him In Dungeon"

Trully...we can not host the olympics...and it's absurd making such claims...
but the Especially NOW doesn't make sense...the games have turned out really well...what are you complaining about?

Back
Top Bottom