What's new

India Railway Budget 2015

Guynextdoor2

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Garbage budget seems to have been dictated by Mamta Banerjee herself. Instead of raising long overdue civilian tariff modi raises freight again (already among the highest in the world). The increased freight rates, especially coal with the new auctioned prices will set off an inflationary trend in power quite soon.

I'm sure even the usual Bhakt whitewashing is not going to erase the blot off this incompetent exercise. The markets, meanwhile are tanking again, learnig the hard way what I have been saying for a long time. This emperor is running stark naked on the streets.

Rail Budget 2015: No Increase in Passenger Fares, No New Trains Announced – NDTV Profit

@Bang Galore @DRAY -- no economic messiah here I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Garbage budget seems to have been dictated by Mamta Banerjee herself. Instead of raising long overdue civilian tariff modi raises freight again (already among the highest in the world). The increased freight rates, especially coal with the new auctioned prices will set off an inflationary trend in power quite soon.

I'm sure even the usual Bhakt whitewashing is not going to erase the blot off this incompetent exercise. The markets, meanwhile are tanking again, learnig the hard way what I have been saying for a long time. This emperor is running stark naked on the streets.

Rail Budget 2015: No Increase in Passenger Fares, No New Trains Announced – NDTV Profit
I hope you And your Congress goons will Sell their Properties to Supply Funds To Railways to Cover Its Loss.
Very Practical Budget since Railways Not in Conditions to Allow more freebies.
Overhaul is Needed to save it from going on the Lines of Air India

This is what was forwarded to me...What more were you expecting @Guynextdoor2 ?? :undecided:

Below are the highlights of the Railway Budget 2015-16:

- No increase in passenger fares.

- To deliver a sustained and measurable customer experience.

- Make railways a safer means of transport.

- To expand and modernise Indian Railways.

- To increase track capacity by 14 percent to 138,000 km.

- Prabhu proposed an operating ratio of 88.5 percent for FY16 versus 91.8 percent FY15.

- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu also announced the move towards paperless ticketing.

- WiFi services in all category of A & B stations.

- The minister announced E-catering in 108 trains and ordering food on the IRCTC website.

- Prabhu announced mobile charging stations for general class coaches

- More general class coaches will be added to select trains for benefit of the common man

- Passengers will now be able to book food options from IRCTC website.

- The Railway Minister proposed to increase the number of advanced booking days to 120 days.

- The Minister also welcomed bids from interested parties for revamping stations.

- Prabhu said the Indian Railways will spend Rs 96,182 crore on capacity expansion in FY16.

- Prabhu said the railways is committed to providing rail
connectivity to north-east.

- Prabhu announced the construction of road overbridges for unmanned level crossing and the expenditure of Rs 6581 crore for level crossing safety.

- Prabhu announced the launch of a Financing Cell in the Railway Board in order to raise funds from pension, insurance & multilateral agencies. The minister also announced the setting up of infra fund and a holding company to raise long-term debt.

- Prabhu announced the revival of the Public-PrivatePartnership (PPP) Cell in order to make the railways more result-oriented.

- Review for new trains to be done and completed in the current Budget Session itself.

- Plan Budget goes up 52 percent to Rs 1.11 lakh crore for FY16.

- Gross Budgetary support from federal government at Rs 40,000 crore.

- The freight rate has been hiked by 2.7 percent for cement; 0.8 percent for iron and steel; 10 percent for urea; 6.3 percent for coal. Freight hikes were also hiked by 0.8 percent for both kerosene and LPG and 1 percent for high-speed diesel.

This is what was forwarded to me...What were more were you expecting @Guynextdoor2 ?? :undecided:

Below are the highlights of the Railway Budget 2015-16:

- No increase in passenger fares.

- To deliver a sustained and measurable customer experience.

- Make railways a safer means of transport.

- To expand and modernise Indian Railways.

- To increase track capacity by 14 percent to 138,000 km.

- Prabhu proposed an operating ratio of 88.5 percent for FY16 versus 91.8 percent FY15.

- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu also announced the move towards paperless ticketing.

- WiFi services in all category of A & B stations.

- The minister announced E-catering in 108 trains and ordering food on the IRCTC website.

- Prabhu announced mobile charging stations for general class coaches

- More general class coaches will be added to select trains for benefit of the common man

- Passengers will now be able to book food options from IRCTC website.

- The Railway Minister proposed to increase the number of advanced booking days to 120 days.

- The Minister also welcomed bids from interested parties for revamping stations.

- Prabhu said the Indian Railways will spend Rs 96,182 crore on capacity expansion in FY16.

- Prabhu said the railways is committed to providing rail
connectivity to north-east.

- Prabhu announced the construction of road overbridges for unmanned level crossing and the expenditure of Rs 6581 crore for level crossing safety.

- Prabhu announced the launch of a Financing Cell in the Railway Board in order to raise funds from pension, insurance & multilateral agencies. The minister also announced the setting up of infra fund and a holding company to raise long-term debt.

- Prabhu announced the revival of the Public-PrivatePartnership (PPP) Cell in order to make the railways more result-oriented.

- Review for new trains to be done and completed in the current Budget Session itself.

- Plan Budget goes up 52 percent to Rs 1.11 lakh crore for FY16.

- Gross Budgetary support from federal government at Rs 40,000 crore.

- The freight rate has been hiked by 2.7 percent for cement; 0.8 percent for iron and steel; 10 percent for urea; 6.3 percent for coal. Freight hikes were also hiked by 0.8 percent for both kerosene and LPG and 1 percent for high-speed diesel.
Most Practical Budget in decades To give Major Overhaul Railways to Save it.Presently Its Going in the Way of Air India

Last edited:
The budget is about modernizing the existing trains and infrastructures and providing more value added services for the public rather than announcing trains after trains to favor states.

So in short a budget which is futuristic .

We know how pathetic how the existing trains and station are.

Improving them primarily is the best possible step.

And review of new trains is also proposed.

Its a bullish budget rather than bullshit.

@Bang Galore @DRAY -- no economic messiah here I'm afraid.
Budget is not all about passenger fares and new trains, its much more than that.

I think AAP and their followers need to put their head together collectively work on Delhi budget as their collective IQ is also subsidized.

The budget is about modernizing the existing trains and infrastructures and providing more value added services for the public rather than announcing trains after trains to favor states.

So in short a budget which is futuristic .

We know how pathetic how the existing trains and station are.

Improving them primarily is the best possible step.

And review of new trains is also proposed.

Its a bullish budget rather than bullshit.

Indian Railways has Losses of 900 Crore per month now.
You're falling for the lollipops he's giving. The big problem with Railway budget has been where you will get the money from- the most politically volatile decision of increasing consumer rates vs freight rates . Other Jalebis like like modernization etc. are secondary to this key decision. Else budget after budget you have one long list of Jalebis .
He raises freight rates and keeps civilian rates unchanged sending the economy into an inflation spiral. And then you say he's gonna spend money on Wifi , etc. etc. It really is bullshit budget.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom