What's new

India quickly closing the capability gap with China and will not leave Bhutan to its fate

You guys and your knowledge about diplomacy,it sucks big time...even if you believe what you said then think China said no talks until Indian troops withdraw,so by talking are they going back on their words.:yahoo:
Did they talk, it's only Indians going there to present their views, China did not reply at all. Talking involves 2 parties my friend.

If the dog is coming to your door waving its tail in submission, you will feel pitty dont you?
Even then your logic fails ,if you know you will feel pity ,then why make statements which you can't uphold.

Did they talk, it's only Indians going there to present their views, China did not reply at all. Talking involves 2 parties my friend.
Here it involves 5 parties my friend,it's a brics meet,not between India and china

Even then your logic fails ,if you know you will feel pity ,then why make statements which you can't uphold.

Consider those statements as the stone thrown at the street dog which was misbehaving, now the dog is waving its tail is submission on your door, you will feel pitty.

Yes we should have sent our prime minister to USA begging them to intervene in this episode like what pakistan did in 1999.

Vajpaee had already wet his lungee in front of bill clinton asking him to intervene and save his behind.

On the topic though, I sincerely hope Ajeet Doval will act as a good dog infront of Chinese.

Consider those statements as the stone thrown at the street dog which was misbehaving, now the dog is waving its tail is submission on your door, you will feel pitty.

Vajpaee had already wet his lungee in front of bill clinton asking him to intervene and save his behind.

On the topic though, I sincerely hope Ajeet Doval will act as a good dog infront of Chinese.
It is impossible to argue logic and facts with Pakistanis.

While China is issuing humiliating statements, India is asking for diplomatic solution. Difference of tone is too obvious for the rest of the world.
You are right, the diff is obvious.

To the matured world , it is the assertive & mature thing to do without chest thumping & drama.

The drambaz's would agree with your view.

China hints at Ajit Doval-Yang Jiechi bilateral at BRICS NSAs’ meet
China hinted that a bilateral meeting between state councillor Yang Jiechi and national security adviser Ajit Doval could take place on the sidelines of a BRICS NSAs’ meet this week

K J M Varma
doval-kRmD--621x414@LiveMint.JPG

Ajit Doval is set to travel to Beijing this week to attend the BRICS NSAs meeting scheduled to be held from 27-28 July. Photo: Bloomberg
Beijing: Amid the Sikkim standoff, China on Monday hinted that a bilateral meeting between State Councillor Yang Jiechi and National Security Adviser Ajit Doval could take place on the sidelines of a BRICS NSAs’ meet here this week.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang, during a briefing, left the door open for talks between Doval and Yang by saying that he cannot confirm it but in the past meetings of BRICS NSAs, the officials have held bilateral meetings. “I don’t have relevant information you mentioned right now.

As far as we know during the previous meetings the host countries arranged for the heads of the delegations to hold bilateral meetings in which they exchanged views on bilateral relations, BRICS cooperation and multilateral affairs,” Lu said when asked whether there would be a bilateral meeting between Yang and Doval.

Doval is set to travel to Beijing this week to attend the BRICS NSAs meeting scheduled to be held from 27-28 July. Both Doval and Yang are Special Representatives of the two countries in the boundary talks. External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Gopal Baglay, while replaying to a question about Doval’s schedule in Beijing, had last week said that if there are any further developments in his programme then the media will be informed.

Asked whether the Doklam standoff will figure in the BRICS NSAs’ meeting since the agenda included discussion on regional hotspot issues, Lu said, “China and India enjoy smooth diplomatic channels”. “The Indian border troops illegally crossed into China’s territory. We once again urge India to pull back its troops to the Indian side of the boundary.

I want to stress again that this is the precondition for any meaningful talks between the two sides,” he said. Lu also declined to comment whether the BRICS NSAs would call on Chinese President Xi Jinping or Premier Li Keqiang, saying that he has no information on it. The tradition of the previous BRICS NSA meetings has been that it was followed by a meeting with the top leaders of the host country.

In his briefing, Lu said Doklam standoff is like no other between India and China. Last week, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj had told Rajya Sabha that China intends to unilaterally change the status of the tri-junction with Bhutan, which poses a challenge to India’s security.

She had said there was a written agreement between India, China and Bhutan in 2012 that the three nations will together decide on the boundaries at the tri-junction point.

She also accused China of building roads using bulldozers and excavators, which has been protested by Bhutan in writing to China. The standoff between China and India in the Doklam area near the Bhutan tri-junction has dragged on for the past four weeks. It started after a Chinese Army’s construction party attempted to build a road.

Doka La is the Indian name for the region which Bhutan recognises as Dokalam while China claims it as part of its Donglang region. Of the 3,488-km-long India-China border from Jammu and Kashmir to Arunachal Pradesh, a 220-km section falls in the Sikkim section.

Vajpayee clearly told clinton that if pakistan dont withdraw its remaining troops,india will open western border and then a loyal dog named as Nawaz sharif was called in D.C. As per few of yours, Mushraf sent him to D.C to stop india from opening western border as your tents or supplies were bombed by IAF and your troops were sitting with no ration or ammunition on heights.

65 war or 71 war or 99 war, whenever pakistanis went to beijing for help, they were told to withdraw. This is how a relation of dog or his owner goes on.

War is bad but I can smell Chinese attack.China is talking too much.in this way,it will lose it's credibility. India have good capability but Chinese are way too strong.in case of war, pla might push India out of doklam and regain the lost positions.pride of China is at stake.India must forget Bhutan and fall back.attack on chickens neck is imminent in case of war.pla might attack Sikkim as well.they basically attack from every possible direction and I think we will see aerial war soon.

War is bad but I can smell Chinese attack.China is talking too much.in this way,it will lose it's credibility. India have good capability but Chinese are way too strong.in case of war, pla might push India out of doklam and regain the lost positions.pride of China is at stake.India must forget Bhutan and fall back.attack on chickens neck is imminent in case of war.pla might attack Sikkim as well.they basically attack from every possible direction and I think we will see aerial war soon.
precise answer ..... there will be no War between both ... atleast not in near future

We appreciate your concern for us, but don't worry, we are more than capable of defending ourselves and our friends. Additionally, Tibet might start inching towards freedom soon.

Vajpayee clearly told clinton that if pakistan dont withdraw its remaining troops,india will open western border and then a loyal dog named as Nawaz sharif was called in D.C. As per few of yours, Mushraf sent him to D.C to stop india from opening western border as your tents or supplies were bombed by IAF and your troops were sitting with no ration or ammunition on heights.

65 war or 71 war or 99 war, whenever pakistanis went to beijing for help, they were told to withdraw. This is how a relation of dog or his owner goes on.

HA, that old fart Vajpaee couldnt muster up a sentence together will have courage to tell Clinton what to do!! LOL. it works in Indian history book while reality was he begging Clinton to save India's behind. Nawaz has its own axe to grind against military and he had personal friendship with Clinton and thats why we scrwed up things. At the end of teh day, it was American pressure which caused Pakistan to came back.

HA, that old fart Vajpaee couldnt muster up a sentence together will have courage to tell Clinton what to do!! LOL. it works in Indian history book while reality was he begging Clinton to save India's behind. Nawaz has its own axe to grind against military and he had personal friendship with Clinton and thats why we scrwed up things. At the end of teh day, it was American pressure which caused Pakistan to came back.

Suggesting that Kargil war had been a debacle for Pakistan, former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Saturday said the then Army Chief Gen Pervez Musharraf had virtually pleaded with him to talk to President Bill Clinton to "somehow" ensure an end to the conflict.

Sharif maintained that Musharraf by attacking India without his knowledge had initiated the war of 1999 but he (Sharif) had taken "responsibility for everything to save military's reputation and dignity".

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...-war-sharif/story-oTZOPvd2u7Njzi4EGtzoZJ.html

In the midst of the Kargil war of 1999, then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee had sent a ‘secret letter’ to Bill Clinton, the US President of the day, making it clear if Pakistani infiltrators did not withdraw from the Indian territory, “we will get them out, one way or the other”, reveals This Unquiet Land — Stories from India’s Fault Lines, a book by NDTV Consulting Editor Barkha Dutt.

According to an NDTV report on the book, Dutt has quoted former national security advisor Brajesh Mishra as telling her in an interview: “Crossing the Line of Control (LoC) was not ruled out, nor was the use of nuclear weapons.”

Dutt also writes that Indian Army had a ‘Six Day War’ contingency plan — deploying troops so that the boundary separating India and Pakistan could be crossed in less than a week, if necessary. “The (Indian) army chief was blunt with the PM: ‘If we can’t undo this in Kargil, I will have to attack somewhere else.’ He made it clear that a new war front could soon be opened in another part of the subcontinent — one that, by definition, involved crossing over,” the book reveals.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ear-weapons-in-kargil-war-115120300518_1.html

Not being able to stop Chinese exports (to India) = 50 billion damage.
And talking of war to stop Chinese (future) onslaught on the battlefield?
Not credible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom