What's new

India-Qatar LNG deal at $10-12 poses challenge to Pakistan

What about Muslim Ummah ?

Ummah is very much there...Why you bring ummah here? Are you mentally retarded?

Business is business. If you own a shop..and your family members come to the shop...for their every week shopping--will you just give them free stuff? Would they even let you do that?

Qatar is doing fine business with india and Pakistan.

Now stop bitching like a bitch.

i dont know why is this hue and cry............their LNG will be passed from our territorial waters or very close to it and we can take it out at and in our will.
are you retarded or what ? what the fook on earth has export of LNG Read: liquefied natural gas methane, CH4 got to do with maritime boundaries ? do you even know that disruption of trade in the sea lanes is an act of war can PN afford to take on the IN ? no it cannot. & that's the hard fact to take on the IN, we need a potent green water navy whiles ours is not even a strong brown water one that's the sad reality, see this is where Turkey & South Korea stands out among the crowd & sadly we are neither of the two

So, it means Pakistan will have to pay 50% to 80% more for every unit of gas!!!:rofl:
This is where the sixth sense needed. You need to know how to do business.Unlike oil, gas has no fixed price index.:agree:

I understand that part(gas has no fixed price index)...having said that may i ask what would be the basis of negotiation then?? It can't be like I feel like you give me gas at this price..no??

Given there is no international market which decide the price of gas(unlike oil) when you put negotiation clause then the handle to increase or decrease the price lies with both parties..right?? In other words equal risk lies at both ends...please share your thoughts in that aspect as well...

Ummah is very much there...Why you bring ummah here? Are you mentally retarded?

Business is business. If you own a shop..and your family members come to the shop...for their every week shopping--will you just give them free stuff? Would they even let you do that?

Qatar is doing fine business with india and Pakistan.

Now stop bitching like a bitch.

Quite an incorrect assessment and example as nothing is being demanded free. The example should be about family members getting better deals and discounts then others....basically, under Muslim ummah, Pakistan should get a better deal then India.

I understand that part(gas has no fixed price index)...having said that may i ask what would be the basis of negotiation then?? It can't be like I feel like you give me gas at this price..no??
Given there is no international market which decide the price of gas(unlike oil) when you put negotiation clause then the handle to increase or decrease the price lies with both parties..right?? In other words equal risk lies at both ends...please share your thoughts in that aspect as well...

1) Diversify the procurement. Buy gas from 5 countries(20% each), instead of one country.

2) Where sellers are 5 but buyer is one, it's an advantage to buyer.

3) Put one seller against another while negotiations. Price is bound to come down.

THIS IS THE ABC OF BUSINESS.BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOME NEGOTIATION SKILLS.:azn:

Quite an incorrect assessment and example as nothing is being demanded free. The example should be about family members getting better deals and discounts then others....basically, under Muslim ummah, Pakistan should get a better deal then India.

No, mentally retarded slow indian.

Under human circumstances, business should be run like business..and that is exactly what is happening here.

Say you own a shop...your family member buys two kg rice for rs 40 per kg..but there's a third party who buys 50 kg rice wholesale on Rs 35 per kg..should you yell "OMG! OMG! this guy is biased against its own family"..or you'll say "Well, thats understandable. Since businesses work this way"

Now, idiot, same is the case here...which retarded poor hindus don't get.

india is 8 times larger market for LNG..offcourse it will get a better price because it'd be buying "whole sale" ..while Pakistan is a much, much smaller buyer....

Its economics, the more you buy the lesser the price.

What nonsense, Is Pakistan going to buy one cylinder of gas?
Prices, increase is only due to over heads involved in order process, for such commodity, producer set minimum quantity, you can buy, which is usually a tanker, and therefore order processing fee amounts to peanuts.
You should know, deal can be direct or through some sub-suppliers and traders.
I Have no doubt that both India and Pakistan are getting even cheaper offer, but in case of India corruption is 100% in case of Pakistan, its 300%.
In Pakistan, the corruption of Qatri gas import was exposed in detail by Dr. TuQ, couple of months back.

What nonsense, Is Pakistan going to buy one cylinder of gas?
Prices, increase is only due to over heads involved in order process, for such commodity, producer set minimum quantity, you can buy, which is usually a tanker, and therefore order processing fee amounts to peanuts.
You should know, deal can be direct or through some sub-suppliers and traders.
I Have no doubt that both India and Pakistan are getting even cheaper offer, but in case of India corruption is 100% in case of Pakistan, its 300%.
In Pakistan, the corruption of Qatri gas import was exposed in detail by Dr. TuQ, couple of months back.

Dude come on. If someone comes to your cell phone shop, and buys 1,000 iPhones, which you sell at $600 for 1 with a commission of $100, compared to another who buys 1 iPhone would you still want $100 per iPhone from the guy who's buying 1,000?

Yes corruption is a problem no doubt.

Its Macro-Economics bro.

Dude come on. If someone comes to your cell phone shop, and buys 1,000 iPhones, which you sell at $600 for 1 with a commission of $100, compared to another who buys 1 iPhone would you still want $100 per iPhone from the guy who's buying 1,000?

Yes corruption is a problem no doubt.

Its Macro-Economics bro.

Do you know what is the detail of Indian order and what is the Pakistani order?
Gas is a comodity, its price is fixed in international market but intermediaries can sell it as much higher profit they wish but cannot double its price!
This is no macro economics. Dr. TuQ has exposed this deal already. He is top scholar of this world. He has written books on economics...
I assure you, any individual, can win same or even less price of gas from same seller, even if it's order is smaller than Pakistan.
As far iphone is concern, its price will not drop to half even if i buy 100'000.

Now read this, which i quoted from OP:
India is importing LNG from Qatar at $10-12 per MMBTU as mentioned in the letter of energy expert Arshad H Abbasi associated with SDPI written to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif

Qatar has sought a LNG supply contract for a period of 15 years

Meanwhile, the letter written by Arshad H Abbasi to prime minister, eminent energy experts associated with SDPI mentions that India has already set the benchmark in pricing in this region, having negotiated a landing price of LNG of 10.5/MMBTU from the USA.

Nawaz Sharif and Co. are in it for a massive level of corruption. In a World, where a glut of natural gas is imminent and prices of gas are supposed to drop; Govt. is fixing the buying price for next 15 years. In practice, it should be negotiated every 2 or 3 years.

A phony company - which exists only on paper and is owned by Power brokers in Pak Govt. - has been created which is selling the gas at an exaggerated price of $19.49 per MMBTU. We should also remember that previous Govt. also signed at contract to purchase LNG $17.26 MMBTU, but concerns were raised at the price in the Supreme Court which then stopped that contract. This time, no tender was filed.

The details are in this program by Mubashir Lucman after 9:15.

$3 billion/year for 15 year long deal with a newly founded paper company in Qatar, engineered by Saif ur Rehamn....... and American is trying to convince us that out order is small!
How much more big you like to go?
India is buying from a private company US gas @ $10 / mmbtu CIF.

20140212_itn1.png

What stupid comparison - India is big customer that why have special prices, asking for same price for Pakistan is like going to wholesaler and asking 50g sugar on same rate on which he is selling to retailer in neighborhood.
high price is really not a 'challenge' is it? I thought, India-qatar deal has an adverse impact on pakistan. seems nothing of that sort.

No, mentally retarded slow indian.

Under human circumstances, business should be run like business..and that is exactly what is happening here.

Say you own a shop...your family member buys two kg rice for rs 40 per kg..but there's a third party who buys 50 kg rice wholesale on Rs 35 per kg..should you yell "OMG! OMG! this guy is biased against its own family"..or you'll say "Well, thats understandable. Since businesses work this way"

Now, idiot, same is the case here...which retarded poor hindus don't get.

india is 8 times larger market for LNG..offcourse it will get a better price because it'd be buying "whole sale" ..while Pakistan is a much, much smaller buyer....

So what gave me away as an Indian??

And man, aren't you the smart one. I mean you want to extract general profit from your family regardless of your relations....perhaps you do not understand the concept of 'family', where we come from, our family is everything, we do not earn profit from them and our family does not take undue advantage of us.

And you have literally failed to grasp the concept of Muslim Ummah, it's not even your fault. Maybe, educate yourself about it?

What stupid comparison - India is big customer that why have special prices, asking for same price for Pakistan is like going to wholesaler and asking 50g sugar on same rate on which he is selling to retailer in neighborhood.
Exactlyt! India is getting it at wholesale rates. Pakistan at retail rates!!

It's all about 'economies of scale', detailed in the book, 'Economics for Dummies!' :D

Back
Top Bottom